• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
My delivery window this morning showed 3/10-3/16 which was yesterday.

1679065824057.png
I wonder if any of the vehicles they checked in transit were pulled to replace the batteries.
Sponsored

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
I spoke with Ford today. They told me that at the moment, the week of 3/21 is still my date. Per this Ford person, no vehicles that have been held in transit have been released yet, but that will likely change next week. "Det, I will give it to you straight, there's a 50/50 chance that you'll actually get your truck next week". He also said that he's heard the rumors of trucks going back to Dearborn and said that it is unfounded. He asserted that no trucks have been sent back -- each truck being held in transit is being inspected at those holding locations. Very informative conversation. Hey, there's a chance that my truck may well show up next week as scheduled.
My truck was built on 2/4 and had been sitting on the lot in Dearborn ever since. That is until It shipped out from the lot earlier this week.

I've been receiving steady updates from VinView, which is apparently more accurate and trustworthy than Ford's customer service and dealership systems. I gather this because both a customer service rep and the sales manager told me so. Based on the last update I received my truck has left the lot and should reach my dealership in about a week and a half.

So I think what you were told is likely mostly accurate, except that Ford has been checking trucks, at least on the lot, and sending out ones that they don't feel are affected. I don't know if the same could be said for trucks that were in transit, i.e. had already left the lot. It's possible that Ford is just able to more quickly check the trucks on hand than ones scattered out on carriers and in holding pens along the way.

Either way I highly recommend everyone contact their dealership and ask them to sign you up for text updates from VinView. It took my sales manager all of 30 seconds to do so.

OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
My truck was built on 2/4 and had been sitting on the lot in Dearborn ever since. That is until It shipped out from the lot earlier this week.

I've been receiving steady updates from VinView, which is apparently more accurate and trustworthy than Ford's customer service and dealership systems. I gather this because both a customer service rep and the sales manager told me so. Based on the last update I received my truck has left the lot and should reach my dealership in about a week and a half.

So I think what you were told is likely mostly accurate, except that Ford has been checking trucks, at least on the lot, and sending out ones that they don't feel are affected. I don't know if the same could be said for trucks that were in transit, i.e. had already left the lot. It's possible that Ford is just able to more quickly check the trucks on hand than ones scattered out on carriers and in holding pens along the way.

Either way I highly recommend everyone contact their dealership and ask them to sign you up for text updates from VinView. It took my sales manager all of 30 seconds to do so.
That's helpful. Mine has been sitting in Wilmington, DE all of this time, less than an hour from my house. Good to see yours moving from Dearborn onward. That may bode well for mine actually making it up to the dealer this week.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I've been receiving steady updates from VinView, which is apparently more accurate and trustworthy than Ford's customer service and dealership systems.
VnView is the system that Customer Service and the dealer use. Vehicle Visibility was phased out in favor of VinView at the end of January.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
VnView is the system that Customer Service and the dealer use. Vehicle Visibility was phased out in favor of VinView at the end of January.
Good information to know. Now if they just made a customer view of that available in a customer portal. I can only imagine how many calls that would cut out and how many millions of hits it would get each day as we sit and press enter.

Last edited:

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
Couple more questions... about when did it ship? And what is your locale?
I'm in San Diego and the Lightning (according to my dealer) is here at a holding station as well. The Lightning shipped back on 1/25/2023.

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So. I received an interesting update today from VinView, and wouldn't mind @TaxmanHog 's or anyone else's opinion here.

My truck left the Dearborn compound last Wednesday, for a tentative dealership delivery 3/28 (which seemed overly long since I'm in Ohio).

This morning, I received another update stating, "Released to Carrier (J1) Location: Flat Rock AP - 51" then gives the address of the Flat Rock compound.

So I'm wondering if this was just a hand off from a local carrier to an interstate carrier, or if my truck went into the shop in Flat Rock and had a battery swap in the last 5 days. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsored
OP
OP
detansinn

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
Everything that I am hearing indicates that the trucks are now moving. I would love to see confirmation from someone who took delivery of a truck that is being held. I hope to be one of those people this week.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
So. I received an interesting update today from VinView, and wouldn't mind @TaxmanHog 's or anyone else's opinion here.

My truck left the Dearborn compound last Wednesday, for a tentative dealership delivery 3/28 (which seemed overly long since I'm in Ohio).

This morning, I received another update stating, "Released to Carrier (J1) Location: Flat Rock AP - 51" then gives the address of the Flat Rock compound.

So I'm wondering if this was just a hand off from a local carrier to an interstate carrier, or if my truck went into the shop in Flat Rock and had a battery swap in the last 5 days. Anyone have any thoughts?
Latest data on the Ford tracker still shows no BUILT date, no status updates since 3/13 and your dealer data element is STILL blank as we noted last week, IMHO maybe the truck is being moved to a workshop to get additional workup, maybe an issue in QC or the battery pack, this is just my speculation.

How many highway miles are you from Dearborn MI?

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Latest data on the Ford tracker still shows no BUILT date, no status updates since 3/13 and your dealer data element is STILL blank as we noted last week, IMHO maybe the truck is being moved to a workshop to get additional workup, maybe an issue in QC or the battery pack, this is just my speculation.

How many highway miles are you from Dearborn MI?
186 miles to Dearborn.

Does it matter that my Module Build Data appears to show all modules populated?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
186 miles to Dearborn.

Does it matter that my Module Build Data appears to show all modules populated?
Hot shot /convoy truck range, your truck could easily appear at the dealership before the tracker says it's "SHIPPED" but I would still expect to see a "BUILT" status date next.

The modules & tear tag is a prerequisite to built status, which is a good, but still something is holding up the progress, I still suspect your truck has not passed QC is needed to allow it to show as built.