• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass Completely dead for at least an hour+

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Antimatter Blue with bed liner
Occupation
Law
First I'm plagued by the 2023 modem problem, which those of us with it know the solutions (Fuse 32 or cable) but today something new. My FordPass App (IOS) went completely dead. It said, 'FordPass not available, try back later.' I did some remediation, like trying it on my Ipad and uninstalling and re-installing, which is when things got very interesting. After a full uninstall, of course I had to sign into the account. Same error and then pushed me back to the sign-in page immediately. I should say that the App is up and running again, it's been about 2 hours since my initial issue. Oh, by the way the modem is still connecting, but I'm only around day 3-4 since last crash, so I due for it soon, fingers crossed.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
This is a worldwide issue today. The biggest mistake people making is doing anything. Just wait.

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
First I'm plagued by the 2023 modem problem, which those of us with it know the solutions (Fuse 32 or cable) but today something new. My FordPass App (IOS) went completely dead. It said, 'FordPass not available, try back later.' I did some remediation, like trying it on my Ipad and uninstalling and re-installing, which is when things got very interesting. After a full uninstall, of course I had to sign into the account. Same error and then pushed me back to the sign-in page immediately. I should say that the App is up and running again, it's been about 2 hours since my initial issue. Oh, by the way the modem is still connecting, but I'm only around day 3-4 since last crash, so I due for it soon, fingers crossed.
Yeah, same problems here until a few minutes ago. Ford Pass seems to be back online at 10:35 AM CST Friday.

But it is beyond frustrating that Ford can't fix its damn software problems. The recent NY Times article suggesting that Ford had surpassed Tesla in the EV tech world is absurdly comic. Obviously written by someone who doesn't own a Ford EV.

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Yes, it happened to us all. Thankfully it is fixed, but I think @Ford needs to hire 10 world class computer engineers, pay them, and then make sure there is a DARK MODE on the App. I mean that should take 10 minutes for any decent computer programmer to add to FordPass and add it to the next update.

ZSLC

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat Extended
I had the same this morning. Seems to have gone away. On the upside I was finally able to get into the dealer for the TSB: 23-2050 update on Tuesday and so far the modem disconnect has not recurred. I'll call it good after a week without pulling the battery cable.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It is working for me now, was down around 8:45 am ET

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
I had the same this morning. Seems to have gone away. On the upside I was finally able to get into the dealer for the TSB: 23-2050 update on Tuesday and so far the modem disconnect has not recurred. I'll call it good after a week without pulling the battery cable.
I wish I had better news, but don't count on it. The real fix will require a software update specific to this problem - an update that Ford first promised in the first half of February, then by the end of February, and now I understand they are saying by summer. WTF?! BTW, I find pulling fuse 32 easier; now I just leave a pair of needle nose pliers in the glovebox to save me the time fetching them from the tool box.

ZSLC

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat Extended
My dealer claims that once they have gone through the 23-2050 update they do not see the trucks again. Ugh, I am guessing you are right though.

Also, no rhyme or reason on OTA updates. I am at 4.1.1 and Ford and the dealer just shrug and say the next updates happen when they happen.

Awesome design, build, and engineering. Terrible support....

OP
OP
TallyLightning
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Antimatter Blue with bed liner
Occupation
Law
Don’t feel bad, I’m also on 4.1.1 since 1/28/23. I don’t think the OTA and modem death issue are totally related, but probably impact our situation in some way. How, I don’t know and maybe Ford doesn’t either, hence the silence treatment from them. I think we can all agree that the issues possibly lies between the modem, 12v battery, or a wiring harness between those items or a module related to either or both. For our user experience we feel it in the FordPass but that may just be a condition or symptom of the underlying problem. After spring break I’ll bring mine into the dealer to start the clock, just to be proactive. Based on very early responses before radio silence from Ford the TSB published knew it was mostly Lightnings built around 11/22 and 1/23. Also, don’t forget that Ford gets analytics from our trucks, it’s in the settings tab on the console screen. They know…

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
Yes, it happened to us all. Thankfully it is fixed, but I think @Ford needs to hire 10 world class computer engineers, pay them, and then make sure there is a DARK MODE on the App. I mean that should take 10 minutes for any decent computer programmer to add to FordPass and add it to the next update.
If it was only it was that easy! The only car company that is successfully pushing OTA updates is a software company at its core. It’s much easier to write code when you also produce the parts. Legacy OEMs are trying to master technologies that aren’t their core competence. It’s almost an insurmountable task considering what’s required to make a world class connected EV. The latest Autoline After Hours discusses this.
https://www.youtube.com/live/bHkJIlygqxk?feature=share

Last edited:

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Great day for glitches. I got a whole bunch of communication warnings yesterday afternoon and then my truck didn't charge last night even though everything was condition normal. The connected experience has been pretty abysmal so far.
Hopefully the outage yesterday was for some backend upgrades.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully the outage yesterday was for some backend upgrades.
World class DBA/SA's would save that task for early Sunday morning
Sponsored