• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER; Mach-E Premium ER
Good morning all,

Looks like the FCSP historical data is back in the new App, checked this morning and it’s there:

IMG_1293.png

So that’s positive.

Hopefully we will get these back in future updates:

1. Trip planner - I used this all the time from in the House or Hotel and planning trips - I don’t want to be in the truck to do that.
  2. Trailer Light Check - This was a great feature I was bragging about that made towing much less of a hassle.
  3. Zone Lightning Control - The old version was laggy but it worked and having a new speedier version of this in the app would be a good idea.
  4. EV Trips - They removed this from the 4.x FP a while back but I would love to see it return - my guess is the amount of data it took to provide that reporting was not cost effective for Ford but that’s just my guess. What was nice it it showed you how much range was added back by regen etc.
100% agree with these 4 must add-backs. The removal of the Trip Planner is befuddling - it was one of the best features and made adoption of and adaptation to EV use so much easier. Major fail taking that away. Luckily I didn’t download 5.0 and have been able to revert to the old version…and will keep it for the foreseeable future.

That said, the design and speed of the new app is great.
Sponsored

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
100% agree with these 4 must add-backs. The removal of the Trip Planner is befuddling - it was one of the best features and made adoption of and adaptation to EV use so much easier. Major fail taking that away. Luckily I didn’t download 5.0 and have been able to revert to the old version…and will keep it for the foreseeable future.

That said, the design and speed of the new app is great.
Agreed! That what made it so frustrating…they improved speed, user interface added climate features, watch app functions those are fantastic and KUDOS to the team for doing that - but - if those other key features - that even Ford highlighted on their promo videos - are taken away I would rather just stuck with 4.x until all those features are available.

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
I scroll down but don’t see any way to adjust the temp or turn on my heated seats. I guess the PROs don’t get this feature. Bummer
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] IMG_2928

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I received the updated app, but the main screen would not let me select any menu items.
Relaoded the app and now the only thing I see is the welcome page.

Won't let me leave that page???

When I look at my account on my laptop, says the charge level is 99%. It is actually 90.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot
The screen shot I posted is with the fan button pressed.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I scroll down but don’t see any way to adjust the temp or turn on my heated seats. I guess the PROs don’t get this feature. Bummer
IMG_2928.png
interesting, do you have any restrictions in the trucks communication authority?
Just noticed, you're still in the BETA variant, update to full Monty

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] 1716576349030-9x

This is what my remote start, cool down looked like, though I had adjusted the temp down to 65 degrees, the truck still showed 72 when we went out, cabin blowers, condenser fan full-tilt. Seat chilled, steering wheel off.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] 1716576142673-2c

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Agreed! That what made it so frustrating…they improved speed, user interface added climate features, watch app functions those are fantastic and KUDOS to the team for doing that - but - if those other key features - that even Ford highlighted on their promo videos - are taken away I would rather just stuck with 4.x until all those features are available.
I wasn't part of the beta, but I know the beta has been going on for at least 8 months. They started with just a few features and added to it. I guess this is where they thought they could release. So I'm hoping they do add from here.

However, in the world of app development, with the advanced tools we have and the "agile" ways we work these days, this app seems like something they should have been able to crank out in a few weeks. I would guess Ford's systems are just such a mess the data has to be pulled from many sources and no one group maintains them all and there is no common security between them, and well we have at least a faster app from a company that doesn't understand IT. I'll take the faster part for now at least.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Just in case FORD is monitoring this particular thread I would
Like to suggest an enhanced feature.

It would be helpful if the Lock / Unlock function would visually display the current status of the vehicle. Perhaps highlighting (Bolding) the particular button that corresponds to the active status.

Just in case 👋.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Any idea why I don’t have the Bluetooth controls? Is that a lariat and up only feature? I have an XLT ER.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] IMG_8225

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Complete Redesign [5.0.2] 1000026532

Looks like I have a time machine. Must have been an OTA we don't know about.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
1000026532.jpg

Looks like I have a time machine. Must have been an OTA we don't know about.
Others have reported oddities with Est completion times being +12 hours from reality?

I know the graphic doesn't make sense, but what is your actual charging profile time frames for weekday & weekend?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Others have reported oddities with Est completion times being +12 hours from reality?

I know the graphic doesn't make sense, but what is your actual charging profile time frames for weekday & weekend?
11 pm to 6 am weekdays. All weekend, 11 pm Friday to 6 am Monday.

MyJoule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Platinum
Just joined the forum to say Thank you to Ford for this update- Brings the Lightning closer to the functionality of the Tesla - We've had our '22 Lighting for a year and love it, but always are comparing it's software to Tesla- (we own both) This is a big step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. Thanks again Ford
Sponsored