• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

novosilicon

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
For those who received Beta app, monitor SOC of your 12v battery. My battery was drained to 41% between morning and lunch.
Good news that I received notification about the problem via app, I was able to start truck and put it on charger.

Maybe new app does not go to sleep mode properly or I have electrical leak. Will see how it goes.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release Screenshot 2024-03-26 131650

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release Screenshot_20240326-130104
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release Screenshot_20240326-130100
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
For those who received Beta app, monitor SOC of your 12v battery. My battery was drained to 41% between morning and lunch.
Good news that I received notification about the problem via app, I was able to start truck and put it on charger.

Maybe new app does not go to sleep mode properly or I have electrical leak. Will see how it goes.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 131650.png

Screenshot_20240326-130104.png
Screenshot_20240326-130100.png
Turn your headlight switch off then back to auto. That got me once.

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
For clarification before reading any further:

I am not in the early access program. I have not signed any NDA with Ford Motor Company nor any of its subsidiaries.

I did not request access to the FordPass 5 beta, a button simply appeared in my FordPass 4 app with the option to try FordPass 5

Clicking this button and activating FordPass 5 (restart of app needed aside) did not place me under any NDA nor restriction on what I can or cannot discuss or reveal.

First thoughts:

The added functionality in 5.0 is an improvement over FordPass 4.x

It's a long ways from a finished product, this is more like an Alpha than a Beta

Suggestions for improvement:

1) Minimize the number of sub screens needed to find and change items.

- for example when you hit the "fan" button which is for climate controls you only have the option to set internal temperature.

- To access the defog, heated steering wheel and heated seats you need to tap Climate setting again, this doesn't even appear or indicate its a button.

- There is only the option to turn on heated seat no seat cooling option (regardless of cabin temperature setting or external temp (tried it at 40oF and 68oF external temps).

- Do not start climate control immediately on short tap of fan icon.
- Use long tap of fan icon to start climate control without the need to see sub settings.
- Use short tap to allow user to drop into sub menu and confirm/adjust climate settings
- Have a "start" button in the sub menu to allow user to start climate settings and return.

2) Add hysteretic charging range in addition/ in parallel to preferred charging times

- Allow user to set min threshold charging level below 50%

3) Add a dark mode for the app and option to have mode follow OS or independently set.

4) Add any warranties back into the app, eg: ESP, Tires etc. (maybe this is in the works)

5) Allow change of preferred dealer and dealer search.

Just my 2 cents :)

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
All of the app suggestions above are good. Thumbs up from me.

I also got the public beta this afternoon. No button to opt in, but the new version 5 shows and I have an opt out button that is always displayed. Trying to stay away from the opt out button for now. Worried about an accidental click on that and that it may not be so easy to get back in to the public beta.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Login here and see if you have a registered vehicle...

https://www.earlyaccess.ford.com/
I haven't read the whole rest of the thread yet after the quoted post above, but you can also use the link to apply to be in the EAP (program). I just did, and now "WaitListed" appears on the left heading of my online Ford account. I said that since I have a Home Integration System and have been a beta-tester of software and hardware products over the years, I thought I'd be a good candidate.

Sponsored

fvineyard

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER, 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 5
Occupation
IT Manager
I am WaitListed for EAP as well...

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Bummer that you still can’t see
the live status of things like locks, temps, door/frunk/tailgate position. That’s one big feature that I really miss having after using the Tesla app.
The worst part is that the data is there. If you pull it into home assistant, you can see lock/unlock status, all doors and gates statuses. If I could change the charge limit there I'd never use the Ford app at all.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

Screenshot 2024-03-26 131650.png

Screenshot_20240326-130104.png
Screenshot_20240326-130100.png
Hello, I have ford pass 5 and looking all over the apps not seeing the LVB soc. I have Apple phone not sure if that matters. Can you point me in the direction to pull that up?

novosilicon

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Hello, I have ford pass 5 and looking all over the apps not seeing the LVB soc. I have Apple phone not sure if that matters. Can you point me in the direction to pull that up?
App itself doesn't show LVB SOC, only sends notification if SOC is low.

Without scanner you can login to ford.com, go to account and check charge level, for some reason ford decided to put LVB SOC to website.

Or you can use OBD2 adapter to check LVB SOC.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release Screenshot 2024-03-26 131650~2

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
App itself doesn't show LVB SOC, only sends notification if SOC is low.

Without scanner you can login to ford.com, go to account and check charge level, for some reason ford decided to put LVB SOC to website.

Or you can use OBD2 adapter to check LVB SOC.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 131650~2.png
Ah ok thank you. I thought they added it to the apps which I thought would be pretty good idea.

Sponsored

Mayur20056

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Occupation
Sales.manager
Was anyone able to download the .apk files for fordpass 5 for Android phones?

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
It showed up in Fordpass to Try new version. Nothing that said it was Beta or the version number. It is Version 5.0 It looks like it's probably moved from Beta to a full release.

OP
OP
ddbrooke

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I had the Apple version install as well and had this invitation to look at V5.0. The most interesting feature is you can turn on climate without starting the truck.

IMG_7785.png
Perhaps my favorite feature in this version is charging data displayed at the top of the Vehicle screen with expanded information on the Energy screen.
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release IMG_7875
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release IMG_7874

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
😁👍
Sponsored