• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford's epic Lightning bait-and-switch is complete (the official "I'm out" thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
The XLT ER is a ridiculously poor value compared to the R1T. If you have a relatively early reservation for an R1T and live near a Rivian service center, I think you'd be crazy to buy an XLT ER.
I wanted leather, so I was hoping to be able to compare Lariat 510 ER, but its not a choice. I think both the XLT ER and Lariat ER are poor value compared to the R1T. Some may need the larger bed, but I don't.
Sponsored

Txm

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 F150, 22 F150 501 on order.
Occupation
Paramedic
I feel the exact same way. I have a 2021 Lariat PowerBoost. Stickered for $72k and paid a little over $62k. My electrician is hooking up a transfer switch for me next week, so with these prices I'm likely out on a new Lightning.
I’m with you… I have a 22 Lariat PB on the way.

4wd, 501a, sport, 20” wheels, Copilot assist, sunroof, 7.2kw, tow tech and bed utility package.

MSRP 64,480.

It’s hard to swallow a 16k pill to go from THAT to a similarly equipped lightning with far less range simply for the sake of going green. While I have finally come to accept electric vehicles as the “future”, manufacturers will have to find out a way to get a true ICE replacement into the hands of middle class America for a similar cost. I’m willing to pay a premium the convenience of an EV, but not 11k more than what I have on the way for what is technically a lower trim.

I’ll be holding on to my reservation just to see how long it takes but unless they significantly revamp their pricing, I’m out.

On a side note, I wonder how much attention FMC and their competitors are paying to these forums to see what people think? It’d be something if GM announces an LTZ EV with better range, starting at 60k.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Yeah, I figured there would be sticker shock. A lot of reservation holders weren't paying attention smh
I've been paying very close attention and the XLT pricing caught me off guard. Specifically, I expected there to be a greater price differential between the Lariat ER and XLT ER.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I've been paying very close attention and the XLT pricing caught me off guard. Specifically, I expected there to be a greater price differential between the Lariat ER and XLT ER.
In my opinion, the difference between an XLT and Lariat Lightning just isn't the same as the difference between an XLT and Lariat ICE F150. Far more overlap on the Lightning.

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
I'm with you. Lariat+ for me. I just wish the moonroof wasn't forced on me, but the wife will be happy with it.
My thoughts exactly. I'd rather not have the moonroof personally, but in my case it's the kids that will be happy with it (wife doesn't care about it either way).

Sponsored

DoomTrain

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Model S
I’m with you… I have a 22 Lariat PB on the way.

4wd, 501a, sport, 20” wheels, Copilot assist, sunroof, 7.2kw, tow tech and bed utility package.

MSRP 64,480.

It’s hard to swallow a 16k pill to go from THAT to a similarly equipped lightning with far less range simply for the sake of going green. While I have finally come to accept electric vehicles as the “future”, manufacturers will have to find out a way to get a true ICE replacement into the hands of middle class America for a similar cost. I’m willing to pay a premium the convenience of an EV, but not 11k more than what I have on the way for what is technically a lower trim.

I’ll be holding on to my reservation just to see how long it takes but unless they significantly revamp their pricing, I’m out.

On a side note, I wonder how much attention FMC and their competitors are paying to these forums to see what people think? It’d be something if GM announces an LTZ EV with better range, starting at 60k.
Dont forget to account for the rebate. Also state rebates if applicable. Put its right in line some places.

cabinfever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Didn't some of the launch materials say the ER battery would be a $7,000 upgrade once you went above the Pro version?

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Didn't some of the launch materials say the ER battery would be a $7,000 upgrade once you went above the Pro version?
Doesn’t matter if it’s a $19k upgrade bruh

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
OP - even if you don't want to get one, if you do get an early Ford invite, remember to place your order and then resell it to someone who really wants one for a profit!

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Dont forget to account for the rebate. Also state rebates if applicable. Put its right in line some places.
but the rebate should be my incentive to buy, not the OEM to cash in on. Its like when i was a first time home buyer in 09, i had someone counter offer me and raise the price by $8000 because i would get the tax credit so i should pay more.

Sponsored

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
This waiting game to release prices and hoping the tax credit would pass in Congress makes it very clear that these incentives are bullshit. They don't help the consumer because the manufacturers just price the EV up so they just take more profit. I want to see widespread EV adoption but that isn't happening until the battery tech gets more efficient and less expensive. I certainly appreciate the intent of the tax credit but it's not helping me. It's helping Ford. Greed is always gonna be first in line.

spicedparrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Based on Ford's projected sales, and surveys ran on this site and others, I think you're part of the majority. Most folks want the $80k Lariat+.
Does anyone know if their projected sales equates to what they plan to produce. For example, if you get an order invitation in Wave 1 will you get the vehicle sooner if you order the Lariat with the Optional Package (the highest expected volume) vs some of the other options (ie platnium)?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Does anyone know if their projected sales equates to what they plan to produce. For example, if you get an order invitation in Wave 1 will you get the vehicle sooner if you order the Lariat with the Optional Package (the highest expected volume) vs some of the other options (ie platnium)?
According to the Playbook FAQ (p. 44):
Will the first people to place their orders be the first to receive them? Not necessarily. Actual delivery times will vary based on vehicle model and configuration selected, dealer location and demand. Once a customer’s vehicle is scheduled for production, they will receive further notification from Ford on timing.
Note also that essentially all waves will be complete and orders due by Mar 31. Production would just be starting. In particular I think if the Pro sells out early, their production will still be spread out across the production period.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
This waiting game to release prices and hoping the tax credit would pass in Congress makes it very clear that these incentives are bullshit. They don't help the consumer because the manufacturers just price the EV up so they just take more profit. I want to see widespread EV adoption but that isn't happening until the battery tech gets more efficient and less expensive. I certainly appreciate the intent of the tax credit but it's not helping me. It's helping Ford. Greed is always gonna be first in line.
Do you think the MSRP is a greedy MSRP?

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Disappointing... but nothing new. Tesla and GM did the same thing. The actual price to the consumer basically didn't change for the Model 3 or Bolt when the credits went away. Model 3's price went down accordingly and Bolt's price went down, too, via bigger discounts. The money went to Tesla/GM.

What are the chances that in 2023... as the credit dwindles, the XLT will be able to get the big battery without the required $9500 option package? I'd say pretty high.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.