• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Truck got towed

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Hard facts. I don't think asking any of us would be healthy lol.

As for getting towed, this is why I either stay with the truck or leave it running and hazards flashing. If it's something as simple as unloading, making it clear typically prevents issues, but in any sort of iffy environment I stay in the seat so if someone says I need to move or if I see the tow, I can drive off.
Solid advice on the hazards flashing, leaving the tailgate down as well might have helped. I gotta tuck that nugget of wisdom away.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Putting a sign on the truck "unloading furniture". :unsure:

Put a sign on the girlfriend "lacks empathy and won't side with me". ;)

Seek relationship counseling other places than a truck forum... :D

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
We know from the '24 articles that Ford is going to add this via SW that the parking brake will engage automatically when putting the truck in Park. Guessing that is to take any roll away so the parking pawl doesn't take all the stress of the truck rolling against it.
My 22 does this now. Usually it depends on the parking pawl, however every once in a while is uses the brake too. I park in the same spot while I am work 3 days a week. So I would say at least 1/3 of the time is uses the brake vs the pawl.

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I called the tow company but haven't gotten a call back yet. The truck doesn't seem to have any issues. No lights or warnings have come on.

Interestingly this all started with my girlfriend asking me to help bring a piece of furniture to her office. We parked in the parking lot to bring it inside and my truck got towed from the lot. I was pretty annoyed and think its her fault, since its her place of work she knows the norms better than me. I sent her this thread to show her that getting it towed could be a problem for the truck and suggested that she should have put it on my radar that the truck could get towed from the lot. She thinks this is my problem and not her fault. After reading this thread, she commented that the people on the board were pretty opinionated and that I should put the question to them.

What say you, thread people? Is my truck getting towed on her or me?
You are the one driving the vehicle and the one legally responsible whether it is a crash, ticket, or being towed for parking in a restricted area. They have to have signs either when entering, around the lot, or on the curb. Sorry man your fault.

Then on a relationship note, pretty low blow blaming your partner…guilting them into thinking your 70k-80k truck could be damaged….since you only said girlfriend, I wouldn’t be surprised if that title changes in the not too near future. Maybe pick up some flowers and apologize for acting like a caveman and not taking ownership for your part of the blame as the driver🤷‍♂️

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
My 22 does this now. Usually it depends on the parking pawl, however every once in a while is uses the brake too. I park in the same spot while I am work 3 days a week. So I would say at least 1/3 of the time is uses the brake vs the pawl.
Correct -today the brake will engage based on some activity - like a slope over 2-3 degrees, etc. The coming SW update will set the park brake every time the truck is put into park.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Correct -today the brake will engage based on some activity - like a slope over 2-3 degrees, etc. The coming SW update will set the park brake every time the truck is put into park.
Maybe this a way to do some "cost cutting" so they can get rid of the pawl. Why wait till 24 if its just a software update... ?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Maybe this a way to do some "cost cutting" so they can get rid of the pawl. Why wait till 24 if its just a software update... ?
I hope not, I'd like to have a mechanical stop [parking pawl] as well as the parking brake working to prevent a roll away situation.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
LOL - I don't disagree on your theory on why wait, but have you not witnessed how slow their SW is to roll. They even tell us about the BECM - voltage update and give us a date over 4 months out before that will roll via update.

I will note however, I think this is according to plan as they didn't want 2000 trucks to all stop in their tracks on the same day. They knew many of us would get the SW updated manually over time, spreading the battery debacle out over time.
Sponsored