• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Steering Wheel Not Working After Preconditioning

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Good evening, all! I noticed recently that after I precondition in the morning, the heated steering wheel does not work. I have a 2022 that came with the heated wheel and it works great at any other time. Usually, when I precondition, everything is toasty warm, and likely just have not noticed. With the recent temps dropping, I noticed the wheel was not warming. I cycled the 'button' a couple of times and still nothing. Any insight would be appreciated if you have experienced the same.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP
BzzzzztZapPow

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Just received 6.2....thanks. I will wait patiently.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Good evening, all! I noticed recently that after I precondition in the morning, the heated steering wheel does not work. I have a 2022 that came with the heated wheel and it works great at any other time. Usually, when I precondition, everything is toasty warm, and likely just have not noticed. With the recent temps dropping, I noticed the wheel was not warming. I cycled the 'button' a couple of times and still nothing. Any insight would be appreciated if you have experienced the same.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Lucasw

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Dentist
I have the same issue. The button shows that it is on but no heat when I precondition. Otherwise works if I do remote start. Kind of frustrating that an update is required to correct it and we just have to wait our turn.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have the same issue. The button shows that it is on but no heat when I precondition. Otherwise works if I do remote start. Kind of frustrating that an update is required to correct it and we just have to wait our turn.
Hey, Lucas! I would be glad to help you out with this heated steering wheel concern if you are looking for assistance. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Ford F-150 Lightning Heated Steering Wheel Not Working After Preconditioning 1705771242366

Here is the technical service bulletin. Dealer should fix it if you don't want to wait for 6.5 OTA. Anybody's guess how long that will take. I got 6.5.0 in December after 6 months of no updates.
Sponsored