• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

HORRIBLE FORD EXPERIENCE: SP 23B57 and 23B70 delays along with HVB and Powertrain Malefunction warnings

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning F150 Lariat ER
UPDATE#1: On 2/21 I contacted Ford CS at 800-392-3673 and spoke with the BuyBack team and formally submitted a BuyBack request.

UPDATE#2: On 2/22, beginning in early afternoon, the Ford app on my phone started notifying me that the error codes (4 in total) were being "cleared" until it was down to one error code left. Now, this is amazing, after nearly 7 weeks of waiting actual "progress !?" being made! Hopefully this was a pure coincidence and not a direct result of me submitting a formal BuyBack request. It is 2/23 noon time and as of now no additional updates from the dealer.

UPDATE#3: On 2/27 dealer called saying truck was repaired and ready. In the afternoon I met up with the advisor, I was informed both HVB (they needed to wait for a new HVB thats why it took nearly 7 weeks) and LVB needed to be replaced and that all was good to go. I drove the truck back home, it seemed ok, this morning I opened the passenger door and found a bunch of interior body panels left on the floor with all sorts of electronics on the A-pillar exposed !! In addition, clearly something large hit the area below the glove compartment causing a dent and scratches.....and the worst part, NOWHERE on the work order is documented that the HVB was replaced !! Now, reading what the dealer and the Ford field engineer had to do to get my truck to drive again reads like a horror show (see attached screen capture below) !! What a nightmarish first-time Ford experience for a first-time Ford buyer :censored: What would you all do if you were in my situation?

====================================================================
Hi all, to make it short, on January 12, 2024, while driving on the highway my 23 Pro-SR with 6K miles displayed HVB and Powertrain errors, dropped power to 25%, and told me to pull over and/or tow to the dealer. I dropped off my truck at the dealer same day, was told I'll get a diagnosis withing 48-72 hrs and then the nightmarish saga began. After two weeks of no diagnosis and being parked in the dealer service lot (and after me getting multiple 12v battery errors for being parked without being driven or charged) they finally agreed to give me a loaner and then from that point on I heard/read all sorts of reasons/excuses as to why my Pro wasn't being fixed, excuses including "we don't have an open bay", "technician not available", "we can't get parts", "we have parts but the lift is not available", and on and on... Finally, nearly 7 weeks into this SS the advisor calls me today saying "Oh, we just can't figure out whats wrong with your truck, we replaced all the parts, did all the warranty/CSP work but we still can't get your truck to move !! We now asked Ford field engineers for assistance, and perhaps you will need an entirely new HVB battery."
I've contacted Ford Social Media team from the get the get go and so far I've received bunch of emails from them saying "We have attempted to contact your dealer for updates on your truck however we still have not received any updates from your dealer." What !? Is this a joke !?:cautious:

I am curious as to how many us is going through this bs, what do you all suggest/recommend I do at this point? I would appreciate any and all input.

Much obliged,
Steve B.

Ford F-150 Lightning HORRIBLE FORD EXPERIENCE: SP 23B57 and 23B70 delays along with HVB and Powertrain Malefunction warnings Repairs
Sponsored

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Thought this thread was about hard on pills for a sec

Ford will assign a field support tech to figure it out. If it’s in the shop more than 30 days you can ask for a buyback.
That’s it really

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Time for you to march into the GM's office with the evidence that Corporate and Dealer Service department are not talking, this needs fixing ASAP with a regional SM in the meeting

@Ford Motor Company can we get a Regional Rep to research this and light a fire under someone's keister ??!!!!

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thought this thread was about hard on pills for a sec

Ford will assign a field support tech to figure it out. If it’s in the shop more than 30 days you can ask for a buyback.
That’s it really
thanks, its been more than 30 days without any end in sight. I live in CA, so I guess its time to start the BB process and head back to Toyota....my first Ford, and certainly the last.

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Time for you to march into the GM's office with the evidence that Corporate and Dealer Service department are not talking, this needs fixing ASAP with a regional SM in the meeting

@Ford Motor Company can we get a Regional Rep to research this and light a fire under someone's keister ??!!!!
I honestly believe that my truck sat on the lot for weeks and weeks without any intervention until I started demanding SOMETHING !! Thanks.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
thanks, its been more than 30 days without any end in sight. I live in CA, so I guess its time to start the BB process and head back to Toyota....my first Ford, and certainly the last.
the field support team in CA is pretty solid. Your dealer service team sounds pretty green and not making this a priority. Once ford corp gets involved it should move much faster. You can contact the dedicated ford ev team to get things moving.

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
the field support team in CA is pretty solid. Your dealer service team sounds pretty green and not making this a priority. Once ford corp gets involved it should move much faster. You can contact the dedicated ford ev team to get things moving.
Thanks, I did connect with Ford CS, they themselves are saying that they can't get the dealer to provide them updates ! On top, my dealer is the largest Ford dealer and largest Lightning seller in the nation !! You can't make this sh%$ up !

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am done, buyback submitted....back to ICE I go.
Why did you buy a SR Lightning?
thats all I could afford at the time, the MSRP on the ffin Pro that I got at the time was $57,990, in 12/22, after waiting nearly 2 years for it....what a joke

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I am done, buyback submitted....back to ICE I go.

thats all I could afford at the time, the MSRP on the ffin Pro that I got at the time was $57,990, in 12/22, after waiting nearly 2 years for it....what a joke
I suggest you start dialogs with the dealerships across the country.

look what popped in my inbox today from one of the desperate dealerships:

Ford F-150 Lightning HORRIBLE FORD EXPERIENCE: SP 23B57 and 23B70 delays along with HVB and Powertrain Malefunction warnings 1708567401383

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vito

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I suggest you start dialogs with the dealerships across the country.

look what popped in my inbox today from one of the desperate dealerships:

1708567401383.png
yeah, but now I am convinced that these trucks are bunch of quarter/half-baked EVs that were rushed to the market without first establishing a decent network of repair centers to address all these complex electronics on board of these trucks....its not even 6K miles and I am having all sorts of issues and my dealer still can't figure out whats going on !!

I'll be curious to find out if these issues are restricted to the SR models, or both SR and ER are having these battery/motor failures.

Oh, and btw, my dealer is advertising 60+ Lightnings on the lot !!! WOW

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
(and after me getting multiple 12v battery errors for being parked without being driven or charged)
Ummm, I wonder if anybody at the dealer tried…to…umm…take a clue and try something obvious?

OP
OP
Vito

Vito

First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ummm, I wonder if anybody at the dealer tried…to…umm…take a clue and try something obvious?
you would think, right !?!? I honestly think multiple HVB cells are failing and the dealer/technicians are simply without the experience needed to address these complex issues....on top of the nationwide severe shortage of BEV technicians... This is a serious risk Ford needs to address if they want to keep their BEV customers, and these issues are not restricted to the Lightning, I am reading all sorts of nightmares with Mach-Es as well.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Omg, your dealer is the problem, take it somewhere else.

Who is your dealer anyways? Be best to avoid that one.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Your dealer sucks and you should say who it is.

The battery fail rate is low. Unfortunately, you might have "won" the lottery. A lot of dealers suck in general. Throw in new technology they don't want to deal with and it can be a terrible customer service experience. And Ford definitely isn't Toyota. I wish they were.

Also, if it wasn't clear, @Amps was suggesting the problem might be the low voltage battery. You might suggest your dealership replace it just to see what happens.
Sponsored