• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild?

gymgeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Edge, 2023 F150L Pro
Occupation
IT Geek
In Eastern Oklahoma, I've seen 2 other Lightnings in the wild - one in my small town and another in Tulsa. Only 1 R1T though.

Kansas and OK are similar, but picking up. I drove a Tesla from 2018 til the Lightning and Lightning since July of last year. I've got family in OK so travel there a few times a year, have only ever seen 3 or 4 other Teslas, but just this week mom noted they've seen several around town (central part of the state). So it has taken a while but it is happening and spreading. Owning a Tesla isn't easy there because no delivery or service center. Most of the Ford dealers are so small they likely only got two or three Lightning deliveries each last year.
My experience in the Tulsa area is that Teslas are everywhere but other EVs are scarce. In my small, poor town of Muskogee, I see Teslas regularly. Maybe it is due to the Tesla delivery/service center in Tulsa? Well, just looked it up and I see OKC has one too, so that can't be it. I also know my local dealer received a minimum of 3 2022 Lightnings, so I'd imagine the dealers in Tulsa and OKC received many more.
Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Two in southwest Chicagoland suburbs and one on highway in Wisconsin. All Lariats. Surprisingly I've seen over a dozen Rivians (both R1T and R1S) and two Lucid sedans. We are a very rare breed. (FYI the Lucid two-tone in silver with black top was beautiful)

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
During our first major outing (to Indianapolis) I was pleasantly surprised to return to our charger and find one from a fleet charging next to us.

I know our dealer near South Bend, IN sold their mannequin Pro and one other custom order.

sparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
I've seen ~10 in the wild since October of last year, with ~7 of those being on a roadtrip to San Diego from SF Bay Area last month; at one point we were three-thick at the Westfield Valencia Town Center Electrify American station.

Ford F-150 Lightning How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild? PXL_20230221_002804100

azypather

First Name
Azy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Merc GLe 350, 2018 VW Golf SE, 2023 F150 - L
Occupation
IT Consultant
NWFL, None. Seen quite a few Teslas, couple of ID4s, Kia and Hyundai but not many. The electricians who installed my charger said they were doing 4-5 installs per week. Supercharger network in this region is horrible. My truck is for local running only...will keep my ICE car for longer trips

Sponsored

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
You’re not looking hard enough, we’re out there. :p

I’ve seen maybe 5-6 max in the DC area since June.
I have seen around 7 in Northern VA, Woodbridge and Springfield area. In fact, on the way in this morning, I saw a Dark Grey lightining charging at the EVGo Sheetz off Canton Hill Road.

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
Still waiting on my order built 1/30/23. Probably getting a new battery as I type :rolleyes:
Living north of Toronto, Canada I see on average 2-3 Lightnings each week. My dealership had an allotment of 10 for 2022 and I think 50 or so for 2023.
R1T's I've seen one on I-90 when I went to Buffalo. Tesla's are quite popular in the Toronto area.

Should have my Lightning 511A around Easter according to the tracker.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Southern California:
Only have seen a total of 4 Lightnings during my 8 months, 8000 miles of driving.

3 out of the 4 at EV charge stations.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Drove from western PA to Hilton Head, SC. Plenty of charges involved. Only saw one other lightning in North Carolina on the way home.

I parked next to a couple Rivians. They are surprisingly small.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
I've seen 6 to 8 in Western TN - a few at DCFC charging locations and the others passing by. I see a few MMe and other EVs and a lot of Tesla Model 3 and Model Ys.

Sponsored

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I have had my truck for 4.5 months and have only seen 2 other Lightnings in that time. One is somewhere in my neighborhood and the other was an hour north in a Costco parking lot. Over that time I have run into 40+ Rivians mainly R1Ts and couple R1Ss. Just curious if this is the norm for everyone or just my area - Seattle. Everyone still approaches me and asks questions at charging stations and parking lots. I would expect to see more. I also recently test drove an R1T and it reminded me of a Toyota Tacoma in size. The Lightning is quicker off the line, way smoother of a ride, and is much more functional as a truck. The Rivian fit and finish was much nicer though which really wasn't a surprise.
Hopefully you’ve seen mine being up in the Bothell/Lynnwood area… ignore the dirt… that’s what happens when you travel to snowy eastern Washington for a few days… I have seen a white, 2 black, and a gray one.

Ford F-150 Lightning How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild? FD33C6A1-31CD-47D7-BC4D-A9E5B52867C4

Ford F-150 Lightning How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild? 1C0EE31B-656A-4E98-BCA0-D12C7112E2E9

Egray

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Ford F-150
In Eastern Oklahoma, I've seen 2 other Lightnings in the wild - one in my small town and another in Tulsa. Only 1 R1T though.

My experience in the Tulsa area is that Teslas are everywhere but other EVs are scarce. In my small, poor town of Muskogee, I see Teslas regularly. Maybe it is due to the Tesla delivery/service center in Tulsa? Well, just looked it up and I see OKC has one too, so that can't be it. I also know my local dealer received a minimum of 3 2022 Lightnings, so I'd imagine the dealers in Tulsa and OKC received many more.
I am in the OKC area but bought my Lightning through a dealer in Eufaula. Other than the dealer's mannequin I have seen one Lightning on a backroad in Edmond, OK and one at a Charging station near Dallas. I have seen several Rivians and numerous Teslas

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
I'm in Orange County California and I've lost count. Probably around 20. Some highlights include a lariat that is currently parked in the same parking lot as my pro. My parents neighbor has a lariat. My favorite though was a platinum with a rack system mounted on the back. I believe it had a roofing company logo on the side. I want to work for a company with platinum work trucks.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I live on the Fort worth side of DFW and I've seen 3 lightning and 2 Rivian. One lightning I have seen multiple times on the route to school.
Tesla 3 and y are everywhere.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN