• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild?

Jherzog2211

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT (ordered 12/15/22)
I've seen 3 Lightnings in the my area (Cincinnati) and maybe 4 Rivians. I expect by summertime we'll see the Lightning numbers increase.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Living so close to a lot of Ford plants, Ford World Headquarters and working next to the Lightning assembly plant, I expected to see a lot of Lightnings in the wild. But I've only seen one.

I figure all the trucks being driven around the site, to and from storage lots and evaluation routes don't count.

Reactions: GDN

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
None. Not a Lightning yet. Seen two Tesla one white one black. The black one guy said he had it a couple years. It said duel motor on trunk. The white one did not have duel motor emblem.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
I’ve only seen 2-3 in Jacksonville area. And I’ve seen one Rivian around my neighborhood

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
None. Not a Lightning yet. Seen two Tesla one white one black. The black one guy said he had it a couple years. It said duel motor on trunk. The white one did not have duel motor emblem.
Man I sure didn't word that very well. Sorry.
The guy driving the black one said

Sponsored

MillieChliette

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GTPE (sold). F150L Platinum
I've seen maybe 4 that weren't on dealer lots. Just as many R1T and I saw an R1S last week. DC metro area.

Most recently I went to the top floor of a parking garage and the only other vehicles there were another lightning and a gt500.

Oh, and on being approached about it? It's calmed down, but the first month of ownership last fall I had at least 30 people approach me. I didn't like it.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Plenty...local college has at least two, on blue pro, one in UVM colors. I usually see one or two a day our driving. Passed a matching one headed to go snowshoeing today and a gray one parked on the way there. Probably a half dozen+ R1Ts and at least two R1Ss green and blue. Burlington VT is not that big an area population wise but there is enough $$$ for locals and enough tourists along with the environmental/outdoors ethos to have a decent number of EV trucks around. Also LOTS of Tesla's of all varieties, though predominantly 3s and Ys.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Kansas and OK are similar, but picking up. I drove a Tesla from 2018 til the Lightning and Lightning since July of last year. I've got family in OK so travel there a few times a year, have only ever seen 3 or 4 other Teslas, but just this week mom noted they've seen several around town (central part of the state). So it has taken a while but it is happening and spreading. Owning a Tesla isn't easy there because no delivery or service center. Most of the Ford dealers are so small they likely only got two or three Lightning deliveries each last year.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
My dealer has sold nearly a dozen and the other dealer nearby has sold a few but I haven't seen them locally yet. I have seen 1 on the highway. I haven't stopped at enough chargers yet though. I do not live in a high ev area, mostly teslas around.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
5 or 6 Lightnings, none that have been stopped at the same spot as I, though came close to one just leaving EA-Wrentham, Mass a few weeks ago, but they didn't give me the fellowship wave, I feel slighted by that social faux pas .. as an enthusiastic "Biker type"

OP
OP

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
Out and about quite a bit today and saw 4 distinct R1Ts, no Lightnings. Based on the responses seems my experience matches up with everyone elses.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I've seen one Lightning and that was last August. I I saw him turn in to one of my favorite restaurants in Beachwood Ohio so I turned around to take an up close look. By the time I got there, he'd already went inside. I pulled up in front, stared in awe, took a snapshot and drove off envious lol. I think it was an off white color. Platinum and looking good. That was my only sighting of a Lightning here in Northeast Ohio. Oh, and the one I test drove at a local dealer last December.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
3 (including mine) at home depot this morning. In total tho, maybe 20 different ones or so around town I've seen in person. Still rarer than the Rivian though around here. Those are everywhere.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I have had my truck for 4.5 months and have only seen 2 other Lightnings in that time. One is somewhere in my neighborhood and the other was an hour north in a Costco parking lot. Over that time I have run into 40+ Rivians mainly R1Ts and couple R1Ss. Just curious if this is the norm for everyone or just my area - Seattle. Everyone still approaches me and asks questions at charging stations and parking lots. I would expect to see more. I also recently test drove an R1T and it reminded me of a Toyota Tacoma in size. The Lightning is quicker off the line, way smoother of a ride, and is much more functional as a truck. The Rivian fit and finish was much nicer though which really wasn't a surprise.
Within a 1/2 mile radius of me there are at least another 3 lightnings aside from me. I see Lightnings (and R1Ts) more often than I see F-350s.
Sponsored