• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild?

UpWithFilm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Kia Niro Ev, '23 Avalanche Lightning XLT
Columbus, Ohio: There a guy that lives somewhere in my neighborhood that has had his for a few months, and it drives me crazy whenever I see him driving around (still waiting on delivery for mine). And yesterday I saw one driving by work, basically taunting me.

Oddly enough, I see three Rivian R1Ts (pretty sure they're different ones based on color and bed racks/no bed racks) in and around my area on a regular basis.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
3 (including mine) at home depot this morning. In total tho, maybe 20 different ones or so around town I've seen in person. Still rarer than the Rivian though around here. Those are everywhere.
2 in town and 5 or 6 out of town.

azypather

First Name
Azy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Merc GLe 350, 2018 VW Golf SE, 2023 F150 - L
Occupation
IT Consultant
I'm also in the area, but haven't seen another driver yet. If you'd like, let your local city leadership know about FPL's program to install superchargers. I'm around the FWB area and it sounds like they working to make it happen.
That's excellent news! I'm in Navarre. Can you please explain how city leadership could help get more chargers installed? I'm just not sure how these things work. My councilman lives 2 doors away from me so I could definitely speak to him but have no idea what, if anything, he could do??? Happy to meet a local Lightning owner...we should meet up some time.

jason95r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER, '95 Cobra R #172, '07 Porsche GT3
I've probably seen 5 or 6 different ones that I can think of in West Central CT. Thought I was special until a neighbor picked up a black XLT shortly after I got my Lariat in October. So there's 2 on my street out of the 5 or 6 I've seen.

This thread made more more aware of keeping an eye out and made me relize just how many Tesla's are in my area. In my 9 mile commute I must see 10-20 each way. Not a joke and I never realized how many are around here until I started looking for them.

We live in a small town of about 9000 people. My commute of 9 miles takes me through 2 other towns. In our town though we have 3 Rivian R1T's. A dark blue one and 2 of the olive green launch color. This was yesterday on my way home from picking our kids up from school.

Ford F-150 Lightning How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild? IMG_1638

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
That's excellent news! I'm in Navarre. Can you please explain how city leadership could help get more chargers installed? I'm just not sure how these things work. My councilman lives 2 doors away from me so I could definitely speak to him but have no idea what, if anything, he could do??? Happy to meet a local Lightning owner...we should meet up some time.
I reached out directly to the local chamber of commerce showing them a brochure from FPL on incentives to install charges. I know Tesla just put some in at your Publix over there. FPL will fund installing them supposedly. Miracle Strip in FWB is getting torn up right now to hopefully put some chargers in, and if you have access I believe Hurlburt is installing some as well.

Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
A little over a week ago I was at EA charger with another Lightning, when another one backed in between us to take a picture of 3 lightnings. As he was leaving a fourth one rolled up and took his spot.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I still haven't seen a single one in the wild. Meanwhile, I've seen 4 Lucid Air and 1 R1T. The electrician who put my FCSP up said it was the first LIghtning he'd seen/ first FCSP installed. Mentioned he was doing 2-3 charging installs a week around town, but all Tesla or others.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Saw a sweet Agate Black one on I-4 in Orlando today. Dang our rides look good!!!

azypather

First Name
Azy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Merc GLe 350, 2018 VW Golf SE, 2023 F150 - L
Occupation
IT Consultant
Just saw a black Lariat exactly like mine turning onto Perry from US98 in Fort Walton Beach. It's the very first one I've seen.

Sponsored

cjb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat SR, 2016 Mazda CX-9
I've definitely seen one (avalanche '23), maybe a second. There are either way more Rivians tooling around the Twin Cities or the Lightnings are just more stealthy. I wonder how much it has to do with Ford sending their electrics to different regions before the upper midwest.

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I've definitely seen one (avalanche '23), maybe a second. There are either way more Rivians tooling around the Twin Cities or the Lightnings are just more stealthy. I wonder how much it has to do with Ford sending their electrics to different regions before the upper midwest.
I’ve got one in the South East metro! I’ve only seen two in the wild. One when I was traveling to Nashville and one in south eastern Minnesota. Haven’t seen one yet in the Twin Cities!

Reactions: cjb

Rekoil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbon Lariat ER
Occupation
Basket Weaving
San Diego: In addition to 3 Lightning owners in my immediate neighborhood, I've seen at LEAST 30+, sometimes seeing a few a day. Oddly, still get a ton of questions around it. Only noticed one Platinum, and maybe one pro, mostly XLT and Lariat SRs.

Side note- every third car in my neighborhood is a Tesla (my son counted 12 just on our block) and there are at least 15 Rivian owners as well.

Guess that's coastal San Diego for yah!

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I've seen a black one twice in town now, got passed on the highway by a white one Easter Saturday and then I passed one opposite on the small highway Easter Monday.

Mach-e are everywhere now. Saw a KIA ev6 at the charge station in a dark green that looked real nice too. Seems like more ugly teslas out there now than anything else. Oh ya, a couple of volts around but they are not noticeable at all.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
This week alone - 3 people on the road gave a thumbs up and another in my neighborhood, all in just a span of a few days. Thought it was interesting that the attention seems to have really jumped this past week.
Maybe the battery fire in Michigan has given the Lightning a lot more public recognition! :)
Sponsored