• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many more months for day 1 reservation holders?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
But it's not a random sample.
True, this is not scientific study since I do not having direct access to the world of data from the FoMoCo to do a formal randomized selection, what I do have is a group of enthusiastic volunteers, of which some are self reporting measure points in vs. me pulling the data with VIN's so there's that too, still we can see the overall movement of production including hiccups and stalls which are themselves random and unpredictable events.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
But it's not a random sample.

haha, you beat me to it. It's highly self-selected but, like many statistical studies, you make use of what you have.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Ever heard the term "replication crisis"? Look it up and you'll see that your comment isn't as far from the truth as you might think.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Some information is better than the chaos of no information, the feedback I have been getting over the past many months is that this tracking effort has helped many rationalize the ebbs and flows of production, with a few folks in full panic knowing they aren't following the trend.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
We can derive alot of useful information from taxmanhogs work. It isn't random, those who reserved day 1 are the most enthusiastic so they sign up and track progress. However, it doesn't mean the data isn't useful.

That being said I am the only 5/24!

I believe I was the third one delivered to my dealer. They also have a demo. I think I started out around 5 or 6 in position. I'm sure the 2 people who got trucks ahead of me were prioritized as friends or family. Then I think others decided not to buy. Maybe because of no pro.

I got very lucky because I picked the right dealer. However, I hate my dealer. Added bs add-ons and refused to send a signed buyers order, if a bank they didn't know sends a check I would have had to wait for funds to clear. They don't communicate well and other things.

I got lucky cus I live In small area with people who prefer gas guzzlers. Tesla is rare around here. I bet they have around 40 reservations.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
it's a big bait and switch, like the Maverick Hybrid.

they're gonna get sued and it's going to be fun to watch
Yup that's not gonna happen for the Lightning and Maverick. Ford dropped the ball on the reservation system and letting dealers prioritize certain customers based on their amount of reservations.They only planned a certain amount of each trim and when there gone there gone. Sony is in for a landslide of lawsuits because they can't provide enough PS5's for everyone to get one 😂😂😂

Last edited:

workaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 excursion 7.3
another day 1 here. just got an email from ford telling me to get ready and that the pro was already sold out. decided to check in here, and yea. not looking good at this point. not happy at all.
Sponsored