• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How Many Will Look Into a Cybertruck?

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
I'm around 1,700 on the Cybertruck list, which may or may not mean anything. If they ever build it, and if it is priced okay, I'll be getting one. Whether to keep or not depends on my experience with it.
Sponsored

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I have one reserved. If they can really give me 500 miles of range at a reasonable price I can get used to the look... I wouldn't be interested if the range is less than lightning.

Last edited:

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I put in a reservation about a couple weeks after they opened it up. When my turn comes I will order and finance it. Then probably sell it. If I really like it and the looks grow on me, I might sell the Lightning. But at least I will see which one ends up being better for me.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I've got a sinking feeling they will bring more standard design/engineered truck to market before the cybertruck is produced in any significant numbers.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I won't buy anything from Tesla, ever. Why? Musk. Period.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Not sure I could suppress the gag reflex every time I looked at it.

The FSD situation is such a scam I don't understand how it is legal.

How about the release of the Semi and the Roadster? Solar tile roofs?

Then there was the rewards program that produced a generation of Youtube fanboys (except you Rich Rebuilds - no Roadster for you!).

Speaking of Rich Rebuilds - no buying parts to keep these vehicles on the road.

Hard pass on Tesla thank you.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Proudly in the minority on this thread: love the way it looks, and all for the Mad Max aesthetic. Give me that quad in back while we’re at it.

However, what has changed since my early reservation for a CyberTruck are my feelings about Musk. Unsure I can stomach him anymore.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I have an order in and will see what happens. Not a fan of looks, but if range and towing capacity is vast improvement, I will have to see how I feel. Probably on 3rd generation of lightning by the time my order would came up. Would have to see what the market is like. I love my Lightning. Maybe we'll have 14k towing capacity, 500 mile range by then, or a small reactor and unlimited range 😂

Theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Etron,Chevy Volt,BMW I3,Mach-E,F150 Lightning
I doubt the lightning would exist if it weren't for Elon.
Don't agree.

Ford Electrified engineering team has been working on this battery system, both Mach-E and Lightning since at least 2015. And before. Much of this is was tested on the Fusion Hybrid since 2009 or so.

I actually think it was the break with Rivian that tipped their hand, they wanted Rivian to produce a vehicle, most likely truck, for them but when the deal fell through, their hand was kind forced in Jan 2019.

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I have a feeling Tesla will come out with a Dual Motor right around or under $70k before the POS Rebate, and eventually a QuadMotor for $100k.
$70k for 98kWh battery, only, and in 2024 or later.

Quad with all wheel steering with $100k sticker will come out first.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I’ll wait 4 years for a Rivian, Ram or Silverado before getting a Cybertruck. That thing’s looks aged poorly before it’s even released.
Sorry no Tesla for me.

I already have an early reservation for the GM EV WT.

Prices have increased since first announced which is not a surprise.

Their base $40K is now $42K and that's the one I want.

The big questions are:
  • How much for the 400 mile range option since no way their $42K WT will get that...
  • Will they even produce a base, entry level, EV WT at $42K?

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I decided against it. The 2nd-grade classroom art aesthetic isn't for me.

Having driven Tesla vehicles since 2012, I very much appreciated the refreshing look at the automobile in a time where "innovation" in the car industry was equal to how many more cup holders could be squeezed into a vehicle. Tesla pioneered all sorts of stuff that no other manufacturer was going to do -- OTA updates (instead of visiting your dealer for the hard sell on a new vehicle), connected infotainment, little intuitive driving measures (just step on the brake to drive, auto-opening/closing charge ports, significantly greater mobile app capability, autopilot, etc.) During this era, Elon knew what he wanted the experience to be and wasn't restrained by other executives who needed to preserve their ICE market share.

Then things kinda went wonky. The over-rotation on FSD created neglect in other areas (No CarPlay/Android Auto, some strongly desirable creature-features went uncovered). Rather than adding, Elon then started taking things away -- no optional steering wheel, you must take a yoke; eliminating the gear/direction stalk; etc.

When the Cybertruck was introduced, my friend was at the reveal event. Quite literally, I texted him - "that's a joke right? they're going to bring out the real truck now?"

Now, with all that said, it's amazing how much hatred has been generated toward Tesla and Elon by people who have never driven a Tesla, usually due to their political feelings. I can't, and won't ever understand how people who have never even spent time with a Tesla vehicle will scream rabidly "EVERYTHING THEY'VE EVER DONE SUCKS ROCKS!!!11!!ELEVENTYONE!!11WTFBBQ!". My extended family aren't fans of Elon, but they at least acknowledge the significant change that has taken place and the positive things that have come out of Tesla.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Very few people can accurately answer this question before price and specs are announced. Sure some insane Tesla enthusiasts would buy it at $150k with dual-motor and 220 miles of range... but the majority of people need to see what they will get for their money.

I actually really like how the CT looks, but that won't mean much if I can't get one with specs I want that I can afford. Anything under $70k with 300 miles+ of range will likely make me bite. If they can't meet that criteria, there's gonna be a whole lot of great alternatives out there in 2025, including the next gen Lightning.
Sponsored