• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I need advise, opinion, thoughts (Just trying to make sure I consider the options and impacts)

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Sport 4x4; Ordered F-150 Lighting Larit
Like I said - need your thoughts (knowing this is a Lighting forum and sure it will be weighted for Pro Lighting, but I'd like to hear what I might not be considering)
BLUF: Thank you to all who read this and help.

Lighting Purchase Background:
  • Ordered my Lighting Lariat Jan 4th.
  • Std Range (230)
  • Made sure below the $80k limit for tax break, Was at $77,400.
  • Did not order 360 Co-Pilot (Regret, cause at the time it was another $1.5-$2k for Bluecruise+ the cost of Co-Pilot upgrade).
  • My build is now 5/29
Last week asked my dealer to try and add the Co-Pilot, he sent me an email and said it was on the build order.
  • I was surprised, but OK 😊
Problems: My Window sticker came out yesterday 5/18
  • $80,064 is the MSRP.
  • No Co-Pilot
Went to the dealer yesterday and they said:
  • Nope - Can’t add the co-pilot
  • They would honor the price lock of $77.4K and I’d still get my Tax Credit (that I question if Ford say $80,064 on the sticker)
Now my dilemma’s where I need help:
  • Local dealer has their Hybrid V6 Lariat’s and Platinum’s at 9.8% off: Example ($81K platinum for $73K etc.)
  • Risk, will I get my EV tax credit?
  • EV – +Pro/-Con (Compared EV Lariat to Hybrid Platinum)
    • +Pro - Never going to a gas station or worrying about cost of gas in the future.
    • +Pro – Makes a statement and stands out – does not look like all the 150 for the past 5 years (millions around here)
    • +Pro - $8 to fill up at home (99.9% of my driving)
    • -Con – Limited range
    • -Con - $25 to fill up on road trips (160-200 miles)
    • -Con – Interior OK, not plush.
    • -Con Battery Life/Degradation
  • Hybrid +Pro/-Con (Compared EV Lariat to Hybrid Platinum)
    • +Pro – Cheaper to purchase
    • +Pro - Interior is very nice, comfortable, and plush
    • +Pro - Unlimited range on road trips without having to stop every 2-3 hours.
    • -Con – Cost to drive? ~$35 to drive (160-200 miles)
    • -Con - Oil changes / Battery Life/Degradation
What would you do?
What am I not considering?
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
What am I not considering?
Have you considered that the destination and delivery fee is not part of the MSRP when considered by IRS for the tax credit?

As info, for the tax credit, IRS doesn't care if the off-the-lot price was $50,000 – the regulation is MSRP.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Let's see the sticker

I need to see the gross production volume from the top margin and would like to see the pricing summary from the center area

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
You are under the tax credit threshhold with that sticker.

Get rid of the Ford Mobile and save another $500. You can get a lot better EVSE for less, IMO.
Correct, tax credit is still good - D&D is not included for IRS.

Agree on the mobile charger - it's flaky at best.

Mine has never been opened or used since day 1.

SR Lariat here and love it - best ride, excellent ride dynamics, and best range (urban) getting 260-290 miles per charge.

OP
OP

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can I just tell the dealer to pull the EV charger from the delivery?
I agree I have seen them online cheaper and seen the people responses here.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Correct, tax credit is still good - D&D is not included for IRS.

Agree on the mobile charger - it's flaky at best.

Mine has never been opened or used since day 1.

SR Lariat here and love it - best ride, excellent ride dynamics, and best range (urban) getting 260-290 miles per charge.
Different opinion on the mobile charger--it's all I use. I had a 50A 240V outlet installed in my garage, and the mobile charger stays plugged in, except when I travel. My son 200 miles away has an outlet for me in his garage. It has worked flawlessly for me. I plugged in at 6 last night at 50% and woke up with a full charge.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Can I just tell the dealer to pull the EV charger from the delivery?
I agree I have seen them online cheaper and seen the people responses here.
The sad thing is that if you could get the Ford Mobile off the sticker and add the Blue Cruise Hands-Free (if hands-free is what you really want) with Phone as a Key for $2220, you'd still qualify for the tax credit.

BTW, you are still getting most of Blue Cruise with the 510A package, just not hands-free driving.

Ford F-150 Lightning I need advise, opinion, thoughts (Just trying to make sure I consider the options and impacts) Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 9.50.41 AM

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
My son 200 miles away has an outlet for me in his garage.
The problem is its non-adjustability. For example, if your destination has a very common 30A dryer receptacle in the garage you want to use to charge with an adapter, you can't lower the charge rate to 24A to comply with electrical codes.

The other problem in @derm 's case is that it is $500 included on the MSRP that gets considered in the $80,000 tax credit cap. I'll bet @metroshot would send it to him in a nice box for $500. derm is OK without deleting it now, but not if they wanted hands-free.

OP
OP

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Amps, Not exactly following you:

- I'll bet @metroshot would send it to him in a nice box for $500. Probably would/could of save a few $'s....
- derm is OK without deleting it now, but not if they wanted hands-free. These two don't make sense (to me) . I'll keep the charger since it's on the build sheet, but I know I can't add hands free at this time.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
The problem is its non-adjustability. For example, if your destination has a very common 30A dryer receptacle in the garage you want to use to charge with an adapter, you can't lower the charge rate to 24A to comply with electrical codes.

The other problem in @derm 's case is that it is $500 included on the MSRP that gets considered in the $80,000 tax credit cap. I'll bet @metroshot would send it to him in a nice box for $500. derm is OK without deleting it now, but not if they wanted hands-free.
Clarification: My son has a 50A 240V outlet in his garage, specifically installed for EV charging. I understand that 30A dryer outlets are not okay to use--not just because of code, but because of the real risk of overheating and fire. The OP does need to know that, so thanks for pointing it out.

I was responding to a post that said the portable charger is flaky at best. My experience has been the opposite.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Thank you, gross production is 805 trucks!!!!

THIS IS YOUR QUALIFYING VALUE!
$78,169.00, you get the Federal Credit!
Ford F-150 Lightning I need advise, opinion, thoughts (Just trying to make sure I consider the options and impacts) 1684505874207

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Amps, Not exactly following you:

- I'll bet @metroshot would send it to him in a nice box for $500. Probably would/could of save a few $'s....
- derm is OK without deleting it now, but not if they wanted hands-free. These two don't make sense (to me) . I'll keep the charger since it's on the build sheet, but I know I can't add hands free at this time.
It was an attempt at humor and a realistic way that a Lariat SR can still be configured with hands-free and qualify for the tax credit.

You qualify now with the Ford Mobile on the sticker. You could have deleted it and added the $2200 hands-free and still squeak in for the tax credit. Maybe call your dealer and see if they can do a Hail, Mary. Probably not.
Sponsored