• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
refresher...
I had tried following the instructions on this forum, MME forum, and FB to pull the VIN# from my Ford Account reservation page with a Build Date. I don't know why my VIN# wasn't showing up in the same places as the screenshots shown by other Lightning reservists.

But, I was unsuccessful at finding the VIN# in the standard places everyone was finding theirs. It was easy to find my Order Number in the data but was coming up blank on the VIN#.

I kept tinkering around and finally found my VIN# in the Browser Developer tools like everyone else. Just a slightly different area for me. This might also help someone find their VIN if the standard way shows up nothing.

• Firefox
  • Login to your Ford.com/ MY ACCOUNT/ go into your Lightning "Reservation & Orders" page
  • Click "View" to see your Lightning's configuration info "YOUR ORDER"
  • Make sure your Lightning is "Scheduled for Production" with a build date "Week of #/##/2022".
  • [F12] to go into Firefox the browser's "Developer Tools"
  • My Firefox Developer Tools shows up on the bottom half of the main browser window. In some cases, it may take the right side of the browser window.
  • In the Developer Tools larger window, select the [Network] tab and also the [XHR] tab on the upper rows of the Developer Tools window.
  • Click inside the Browser window Ford page and press [F5] for Firefox to refresh the browser page. Refreshing the "YOUR ORDER" web page will load up data into the Developer Tools window below.
  • On the upper bars of the Developer Tools window, there is a picture drawing of a tiny funnel "FILTER" for you you to input your Order Number ########. Enter only the numbers.
  • You'll probably get 2-3 hits in the filter results window below, look for the columns [Type] JSON/ highlight that specific record.
  • When you highlight that filter result a smaller window will show itself to the side.
  • In the smaller side window [Headers] tab is probably highlighted, click the [Response] tab and data will cache in the smaller window
  • Click the "Raw" slider switch to show the raw data. This is the final step that allowed me to see my VIN#.
  • Go and click in the smaller cache window results and highlight all the data [CTRL]+"A"
  • Open a Word or Notepad document, Paste [CTRL] + "V" all the data into the text document.
  • In the Word or Notepad Search for "1FTV" (the first letter is a number one), in my search results, My Lightning VIN# was very near the top of the data dump.
  • my data looked like this: "catalogId":"WANAB-TFD-2022-F-150","vin":"1FTVW1EL1NWG05xxx"
Forgot an important step. UPDATED.
Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
My build date is the week of 4/18.
I’m starting to think about it a little bit
Still on target with 4/18/22 build date?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Chrome
Ford F-150 Lightning I received my VIN for Wave 1 Lightning! 1649780524579

Reactions: GDN

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Well, that finally worked for me but the tracking page still says no luck! Nice to see a number!

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
refresher...
Worked on mine thank you. 6/6 build, 6/10 Blend. Lariat ER. Vin won't load into Ford pass but got the window sticker.
BTW, my VIN starts with 1FT6
Sponsored