• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is the heat on?

mstuewe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Am I missing something? How is it possible to know if the heat is on without opening the HVAC menu? I often get into a preconditioned car only to find 5 minutes later that it’s getting cooler because the heat is now off. We’re in that weird time of year where you need heat in the morning but not in the afternoon, so it’s always changing. Why can’t I just see it on the main screen?

Somewhat of a rant, but is there a better way?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Only way to know is look at the HVAC sub menu.

I've noticed this mid season and even in winter, while preconditioning and even while remote starting the truck cabin gets super heated, (beyond your prefered temp setting) to get the overall temperature up quickly.

Then jump in and press the START button, now the HVAC system recognizes the modest temp setting and cycles cool outside air or even the AC light illuminates to drop the cabin back to the prefered value.

Wiseone

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda Civic
I've noticed that as soon as I get in the cab and start moving, it gets drafty. Anyone else notice that?
It's like cold air starts filling the cabin. Is that normal?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've noticed that as soon as I get in the cab and start moving, it gets drafty. Anyone else notice that?
It's like cold air starts filling the cabin. Is that normal?
Happens a lot, more so right after pre-heating with remote start or departure time / pre-conditioning. Either the HVAC is moderating the comfort level or the periodic fresh air cycle happens to kick on at that time.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I'm thinking it goes into kW conservation mode with the cabin heater as soon as it's off shore power. Air passing over a much cooler heat exchanger.

Wiseone

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Honda Civic
Happens a lot, more so right after pre-heating with remote start or departure time / pre-conditioning. Either the HVAC is moderating the comfort level or the periodic fresh air cycle happens to kick on at that time.
Bummer. Nothing worse than getting into a warm vehicle and then it immediately getting cold and drafty...

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Bummer. Nothing worse than getting into a warm vehicle and then it immediately getting cold and drafty...
Do what I do. Turn the system off by selecting the fan and rotating dial to off. Whe I notice it starting to cool down in the cabin, I hit the Auto button to turn it back on.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Happens to me as well. Heat in my cab often has me flummoxed. Preconditioning seems fairly consistent but have to crank up heat once I get started. Blows cold air for a while. Kind of annoying.
Sponsored