• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning 20" AT vs AS tire option. Does anyone have info about these tires?

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
I've been pouring over videos trying to get closer looks at the tires, and the Platinum trim All Season most often is the General Grabber HTS 60. I've been looking for Lariat examples specifically, but haven't gotten as good a look yet
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning 20" AT vs AS tire option.  Does anyone have info about these tires? 1651904631755
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Watching this thread for any Mass. members to make sure they order the stock A/S tire while building their truck, don't want anyone missing out a generous state EV truck credit!!

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
For those that are interested, I've found a few All Terrain tire options that are Severe Snow Service (3 Mountain Peak) rated and with relatively aggressive treads that are in the same ballpark weight class (in the 275/60R20 size) as the assumed OEM options (thinking primarily about how tire weight correlates to rolling resistance and impact on range). The Hankook Dynapro AT2's are the All Terrain option and weigh 41 lbs each (the OEM All Season Grabber HTS 60 weighs 40 lbs). The closest options are the Toyo Open Country A/T III and the Firestone Destination A/T2 at 42 lbs. The next closest are the Discoverer AT3 4S (44 lbs), the Hankook Dynapro AT2 Xtreme (45 lbs), and the General Grabber APT (45 lbs). Lastly are the Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek (47 lbs) and the BFG Trail Terrain T/A (47 lbs).

For reference, my typical favorite, the BFG KO2 weighs in at 55 lbs. Thinking I'll likely go with the Toyo's as the best balance of weight, tread pattern/blocks, and performance. They actually have a higher Tread Wear rating than the OEM All Terrain Hankook Dynapros too. Warranties are comparable also, with a 5 year/65k mile warranty for the Toyo's, and a 6 year/60k mile warranty for the Dynapros.

All of this is per the info provided on Tirerack.

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
I know tire manufactures are making tires specifically for EV's, often with foam or other inserts to reduce road noise. My wife's Tesla has them.. I would think Ford is being very particular about which tires it uses on the lightning.. I would love to know if there is a difference in range between the two.
These EV specific tires often have a high load rating because of the weight of the EVs as well.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Did you go with an ER or SR Lightning? Some AT tires could mean up to a 20% range hit, which would put the SR below the 200 mile mark (in good conditions)
So, the Pro comes standard with AT tires and rated at 230 miles. If one were to swap AS tires instead, presumably you could bump that range up

Captain337

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning PRO
The Pro comes with Michelin Primacy XCs which seem to be light on all terrain and focused on efficiency.
Sponsored