• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Sitting, Not Charging!

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Military
Hi all,

So my MY23 Lightning that has been held "In Transit" for the last 10 weeks out in the cold getting drained. I just learned today that my order hasn't even been inspected yet to release to the dealership or ship back to Dearborn to get a new pack.

My big question is. How will this 10 week period of sitting around not getting any charge affect the battery? Am I going to have issue once I take delivery?
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
It will have no impact. The only impact, if any, would be to the 12v battery IF the HVB didn't keep it charged, which it should.

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I just learned today that my order hasn't even been inspected yet to release to the dealership or ship back to Dearborn to get a new pack.
Jeez. I guess that's probably why mine is still sitting a rail yard as well. Guess if I get my truck before 2024 at this point it'll be a win.

OP
OP
CdnCGM23

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Jeez. I guess that's probably why mine is still sitting a rail yard as well. Guess if I get my truck before 2024 at this point it'll be a win.
Yeah, it's been in the rail yard since Feb 4. This is such a painful process. There's another dealer an hour from me that has my build, only difference is it has max tow. I'm on the fence if I should go for it instead.

Good luck with yours! I sure hope they're worth the wait!!

OP
OP
CdnCGM23

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
It will have no impact. The only impact, if any, would be to the 12v battery IF the HVB didn't keep it charged, which it should.
Thanks Rick, this helps my anxiety!

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
No impact whatsoever.
I took delivery of my transit hold ER Lariat last week. I fully appreciate the painful wait, but I can confirm that the trucks are indeed being processed and released. Once I had my truck, I totally forgot about the ordeal. It is indeed worth the wait.

Take the Ford provided tracking status with a grain of salt. I discovered that my truck was built weeks before the status updated on the web. It was also sitting at the dealer while the site was showing it in shipping status.

Regarding Dearborn... I was told that no F150 held in transit was being sent back to Dearborn -- Ford rep asserted that was an urban legend/forum-only banter.

OP
OP
CdnCGM23

CdnCGM23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
No impact whatsoever.
I took delivery of my transit hold ER Lariat last week. I fully appreciate the painful wait, but I can confirm that the trucks are indeed being processed and released. Once I had my truck, I totally forgot about the ordeal. It is indeed worth the wait.

Take the Ford provided tracking status with a grain of salt. I discovered that my truck was built weeks before the status updated on the web. It was also sitting at the dealer while the site was showing it in shipping status.

Regarding Dearborn... I was told that no F150 held in transit was being sent back to Dearborn -- Ford rep asserted that was an urban legend/forum-only banter.
This is great to hear from someone that has actually received their "in transit" held truck! I'm so stoked to get mine. My patients are certainly getting a workout!

Thanks again!

oldwizard99

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning ordered
if the dealer will sell the lot truck at sticker I'd seriously think about it. the max to,w package is added cooling for the battery and motors, in my opinion more cooling can only be better.
Sponsored