• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER w/Max Tow - Atlas Blue
I just checked and my 360 camera doesn't look distorted after the update. I found out the camera still doesn't have the "X" button to remove it while in motion. Was hoping this update would fix that bug.

For my dual Clores, they were running on separate circuits. Never happened before this update. I'll do the PMI later this week or next weekend when it's warmer
Sponsored

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When you get a chance go back in and do a PMI on the PSCM. You don't even need the powersupply for that at all if you let the truck warm up for about 15 minutes beforehand.

Let us know if your PSCM clears off the list after that. It should.
It finally got above freezing, so I checked again and PSCM was gone. I refreshed a couple of times and nothing showed up. I also checked under PSCM and there weren't any PMI listed, so I guess I am good.

Unrelated, but has anyone ever tried disabling the smart acceleration in the programmable features? I don't know if it is enabled by default for our vehicles or even matters. Google shows it is for fleet vehicles to keep the acceleration consistent regardless of your load. Disabling it is supposed to increase acceleration with no/low loads and lowers range. I ran it last night and it only had an option for lessening the effect rather than disable. I picked that, and I'll be driving it today. I doubt it does anything though.

I also noticed there was a programmable feature to disable the top speed limiter. Not sure if that does anything for non-fleet vehicles like ours, but I left that one alone. Our tires aren't rated for higher than the ~107mpg max speed. Even if they were, these tanks aren't designed for that speed. I got faster in my old Camaro ZL1, but it was designed for it.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
This just showed up today in FDRS for my '22 (as well as my '23 Mach-E...just noticed that):
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS Lightning_OBCC_Update_13_Feb-24

Coincidentally, there's yet another update to FDRS. Hopefully this revision to 39.6.4 will get rid of the "Stack overflow at Line 1" error that 39.6.3 displays now. It doesn't seem to hurt anything and the program seems to run fine, but...it's the little things.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
This just showed up today in FDRS for my '22 (as well as my '23 Mach-E...just noticed that):
Lightning_OBCC_Update_13_Feb-24.png

Coincidentally, there's yet another update to FDRS. Hopefully this revision to 39.6.4 will get rid of the "Stack overflow at Line 1" error that 39.6.3 displays now. It doesn't seem to hurt anything and the program seems to run fine, but...it's the little things.
Is the "Off-Board Charger Controller" the DC controller? Possibly getting the truck ready for their NACS adapter?

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Lightning_OBCC_Update_13_Feb-24.png

I got it too Mike and messaged you via "the other place" before I checked here. The update took 5 minutes and also sent Ford a bunch of data. I hope it's for NACS . I saw no noticeable difference with the truck today in charging screens, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Disabling it is supposed to increase acceleration with no/low loads and lowers range. I ran it last night and it only had an option for lessening the effect rather than disable. I picked that, and I'll be driving it today. I doubt it does anything though.
Did you notice any difference?

sstevetx

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No, I didn't notice any difference with that setting.

Last edited:

loveurdj

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Manager
Yes, all those modules can be updated via the OTA process. Next time, just send me your VIN and save yourself the $50.
Good morning @rugedraw I see you're very active on here, I have been trying to get my 2023 Lariat build date 7/19/2023 5946 miles user software to update, I have been back and forth with Ford Service to be informed no updates available. I have never had an update presented period since I have owned the vehicle, I had the BMS sensor CSP completed as well as the BMS software updated on my HVB. My 12v battery will reduce to under 90% every evening, I have tried changing the check for software update times during times of use, charging the 12v battery with a maintainer. No luck can you tell if there are any updates for this vin? Thank you in advance. 1FTVW1EL2PWG18828.

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
Good morning @rugedraw I see you're very active on here, I have been trying to get my 2023 Lariat build date 7/19/2023 5946 miles user software to update, I have been back and forth with Ford Service to be informed no updates available. I have never had an update presented period since I have owned the vehicle, I had the BMS sensor CSP completed as well as the BMS software updated on my HVB. My 12v battery will reduce to under 90% every evening, I have tried changing the check for software update times during times of use, charging the 12v battery with a maintainer. No luck can you tell if there are any updates for this vin? Thank you in advance. 1FTVW1EL2PWG18828.
May ’23 build. July delivery. No OTA updates offered.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No, I didn't notice any difference with that setting.
Since it's meant for fleet vehicles (like Transits) it may be in the settings but not actually do anything on a Lightning one way or another.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
As mentioned by @16cards, your truck's OTA history is blank and your truck has the same software it left the factory with. There is nothing you can do to force an update to be sent to your truck. Your truck is fine; the problem is with the OTA process itself. You just have to wait for your VIN to come up in the OTA roll-out process.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
So….this thread has been a bit dead. Has there been nothing posted in FDRS for a month?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The Mach E's just started getting 6.14 yesterday. I would expect some action here in the next. week.

There has been a lot of SW action, but it is the trucks that weren't getting updates last year getting caught up.

The old '22's need some love we need a new version soon.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So no new exciting APIM update this morning, just another front hatch and HVAC update.

I can't see if I have any OTAs waiting but I have started the truck and will let it run for 30 mins to see if anything downloads.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS Lightning_FHCM_HVAC-15_Mar_24

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So no new exciting APIM update this morning, just another front hatch and HVAC update.

I can't see if I have any OTAs waiting but I have started the truck and will let it run for 30 mins to see if anything downloads.

Lightning_FHCM_HVAC-15_Mar_24.png
6.14 has to be waiting. Maybe soon.
Sponsored