• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
In between my full-time job at the dealer, and my part-time pro bono job on the forums, I would say it is well deserved. :giggle:
You know they have WiFi on cruises? You could just sit by the pool with a drink and post and check VINs still
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
You know they have WiFi on cruises? You could just sit by the pool with a drink and post and check VINs still
I could, but I told my seedlings that nobody was getting internet including me and I'm sticking to it.

Something tells me Soon™ is coming and I'm going to miss the fireworks.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I could, but I told my seedlings that nobody was getting internet including me and I'm sticking to it.

Something tells me Soon™ is coming and I'm going to miss the fireworks.
We hope you are right about that. 6.14 from the Mach E should truly hit the Lightnings in the next week. It will still be interesting to see when we get BC 1.4. Maybe they also want us to get that brand new Battery Optimization release first. If they'd get those 3 out to us it will be a nice level up place for all trucks.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm having an issue where an ACM update downloads, installs correctly, and upon returning to the main menu it refreshes and it is still there. Has anyone had an issue like this? Any solutions? I can't get this update to install and my fear is it's holding back other updates.

ACM Update: G2426299-2.0

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I'm having an issue where an ACM update downloads, installs correctly, and upon returning to the main menu it refreshes and it is still there. Has anyone had an issue like this? Any solutions? I can't get this update to install and my fear is it's holding back other updates.

ACM Update: G2426299-2.0
There have been several updates that have done that. The Mach-E community is seeing that now on a DSP update.

F-150 community has seen that before with ABS and TRM updates in the past.

It didn't install. I checked the manifest against what your truck is running now and the manifest software and strategies are newer in the download than what your truck has. So it didn't take for some reason.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
It didn't install. I checked the manifest against what your truck is running now and the manifest software and strategies are newer in the download than what your truck has. So it didn't take for some reason.
Thank you. I've tried installing it at least 5 times. I have AM radio, not sure what to do.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you. I've tried installing it at least 5 times. I have AM radio, not sure what to do.
Well you can either ignore it, or if you're determined, you can try a PMI to force it to update. When doing the PMI just answer "No" to the question when FDRS asks if the original module is still installed. You'll get a fresh software download that way.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Any chance you can give me a quick tutorial on how to "PMI"?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any chance you can give me a quick tutorial on how to "PMI"?
Setup your rig as normal to do an update.

Then after viewing and clearing any current CMDTCs, go to the toolbox tab, (see below).
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS PMI_the_ACM_module

To find the module you want to work on you can do it the long way, which is scrolling through the list under the "All" tab...or you can type it in to the search box like I did to limit the view to just things you can do with the ACM...or you can just pick the ACM module from the panel on the left side, and it will restrict what you see on the right side to things that only apply to that module as well.

Select the PMI option to download and then "Run" and follow the instructions. That's pretty much it.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Then after viewing and clearing any current CMDTCs, go to the toolbox tab, (see below).
PMI_the_ACM_module.png

To find the module you want to work on you can do it the long way, which is scrolling through the list under the "All" tab...or you can type it in to the search box like I did to limit the view to just things you can do with the ACM...or you can just pick the ACM module from the panel on the left side, and it will restrict what you see on the right side to things that only apply to that module as well.

Select the PMI option to download and then "Run" and follow the instructions. That's pretty much it.
Thank you, I will give this a go!

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

PMI_the_ACM_module.png

No luck, update still shows up. Do I possibly have a bad module?

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No luck, update still shows up. Do I possibly have a bad module?
It's more likely it's a bad update they pushed out. If the radio is working fine I'd let it go. When they figure out the update is bad (after lots of feedback from the field) they will pull it and re-release later.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
It's more likely it's a bad update they pushed out. If the radio is working fine I'd let it go. When they figure out the update is bad (after lots of feedback from the field) they will pull it and re-release later.
First stringers dilema.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Vin# 1FTVW1EV7NWG11291. I would also like to receive the FDRS for my Vin. THANKS FOR THE INFO!
I don't have access to FDRS at the time, but this is what PTS is showing pending for you:

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Software Updates using FDRS 1712164703561-6o
Sponsored