• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I just received 6.2 last week and 6.4 this week. How does 6.14 come after 6.4?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Reactions: GDN

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
These are software numbers, not real numbers. And you got 6.2.0 and 6.4.0
Not 6.2 and 6.4
So major version 6, minor version 2 and 4, sub-minor version 0.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
OK. We'll see if it keeps up the pace with updates rolling in. Glad I'm not in update purgatory. I got a chuckle out of "re-releasing 6.2.0 with changes". Someone should tell their developers that the rest of the world would call that 6.2.1....

• Love
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Isn’t there also 6.5 and a few other long named updates like the Tesla update in between 6.4 and 6.14?
Yes, that too ..... hopefully you all get it, but ..... my most recent update (see signature) trashed it's benefits, so, maybe there will be a subsequent roll forward of the benefits of 6.5.0 into 6.x.x to bring you guys up to date and fix those of us who got a broken heated seat & wheel functionality while using remote start and departure timer.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
It would also be nice if they make the updates not revert random settings back to default. Every time an update comes through, I have to go through every menu to verify every setting, fixing ones that got reverted with no notice.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Yes, that too ..... hopefully you all get it, but ..... my most recent update (see signature) trashed it's benefits, so, maybe there will be a subsequent roll forward of the benefits of 6.5.0 into 6.x.x to bring you guys up to date and fix those of us who got a broken heated seat & wheel functionality while using remote start and departure timer.
Now that I have Apple Maps, I just want the SOC on the dash now. That’s 6.8, right? Getting about one update a week now so hopefully by the end of this month.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
The numbers are not overall truck software versions. So, no need to go in order. The numbers are individual module update packages in a series. Each update targets a different module or truck sub-system. There is no central computer and overall software update like Tesla or iPhone has.

Each truck rolls off the line with its modules on whatever software is available and approved at that time. So not every truck needs every update because you may already have certain modules at an appropriate level.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Now that I have Apple Maps, I just want the SOC on the dash now. That’s 6.8, right? Getting about one update a week now so hopefully by the end of this month.
For me and others, SOC appeared last year with the weirdly named 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM. But it could be different for the 23's now getting updates.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
For me and others, SOC appeared last year with the weirdly named 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM. But it could be different for the 23's now getting updates.
That is true for us "old timers" the new kids will get it in 6.8.0

chillaban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
It’s probably worth a separate thread to decode OTA update naming instead of using this FDRS thread. But OTA update version numbers are literally just text. Every OTA is for a specific module or small set of related modules. They are not cumulative.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Since you guys don't have a dedicated VIN check thread here, I guess I will post here. Starting tomorrow, I will be going on a 9 day cruise and will be excommunicado from the world until I return on 3/31. In the case someone needs a PTS check and tags/sends me a message and I don't respond, this is why.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Since you guys don't have a dedicated VIN check thread here, I guess I will post here. Starting tomorrow, I will be going on a 9 day cruise and will be excommunicado from the world until I return on 3/31. In the case someone needs a PTS check and tags/sends me a message and I don't respond, this is why.
Who said you could go on vacation?!