• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning wish list - what do you dream for?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Giving every tech option as standard such as unlock with phone and blue cruise to be on par with tesla standard options
You can already unlock and remote start with phone. BluesClues is another story.

But I agree, climate control, heating seats with the phone are good options.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Regular cab configuration with the transmission hump eliminated so that the center passenger has actual leg room.

A budget model with RWD only would be ideal for parts delivery and service trucks.

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150, FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Sales
1. Hoping we don't have to wait until 2023-2024.
2.Leveling kit available
3.Not getting ripped off when it comes time to install the fast charging in my garage/house

V8Nissan

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 super duty, 99 crown vic, 14 370z,14 expedition
Extended range pro option and 8 foot bed. I want an actual useful truck at a decent price. Don't want all the techy garbage and won't pay for it.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I want an XLT in Star White...

Since we're dreaming, I've always been confused about the extended cab and crew cab. The extended cab is almost useless for hauling people regularly, and the crew cab is designed for 3x 350lb burly construction workers with an extra 6" of leg room in front of their knees. I want a Crewstended cab, right in the middle of the two. Take 6 inches off the rear seat and give me a 6ft bed. Still fits my kids car seats and improves the usability of the bed.
That's interesting that the difference between the two cabs is 10 inches in rear legroom. I always figured it was about 6 inches because you'd get the 5.5 foot bed vs the 6 foot bed. Guess that's why they sell very few of the middle sized cab.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My number one wish is for a shorter overall length. I think the F-150 interior is nearly perfect but I don't really need a pickup bed. Put the bumper right behind the back wheels and I would be thrilled :)

Sounds like you wish for an Electric SUV lol.

jcm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO [SQUISHED!] & 2nd Lightning PRO
Leather seat and ER battery in Pro trim.
250-300 amp fast charging.
Tremor wheels.
[ER Battery in the E-Transit as well]

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Leather seat and ER battery in Pro trim.
250-300 amp fast charging.
Tremor wheels.
[ER Battery in the E-Transit as well]
This is what I don't get..they claim the Pro is their "loss leader" but they could have easily made up that red by profiting off of options or better upgraded package offerings. I know they had narrow windows with 4 different tiers (why many went to lariat over xlt), but I'd have paid $2500 for power/heated seats option in my Pro.. and they could have left the vinyl!

I'd love to have the small blind spot mirror incorporated into the side mirrors. I hate aftermarket ones.i know we have the amber indicator, but many of us still like to double check.

Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Adjustable air suspension, give me the ability to have 14” of ground clearance when I want it and the ability to drop the truck low when on the highway for better efficiency.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Auto lock when I walk away. Adjustable % speed control over speed limit. Red light recognition with Lane Centering. Machine learning on my commute, so cruise control learns my driving and replicates it.

Otherwise love the truck.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Regular cab configuration with the transmission hump eliminated so that the center passenger has actual leg room.

A budget model with RWD only would be ideal for parts delivery and service trucks.
That's an awesome idea. Imagine the agricultural and fleet applications!

Hopefully battery costs come down so they can get back to making sub-$40k EVs.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Giving every tech option as standard such as unlock with phone and blue cruise to be on par with tesla standard options
I honestly wouldn't hate the idea of making lower trims pay for the tech options, but having the trucks upgradeable to use them. Standardize manufacturing and get people to pay through subscriptions instead of upfront payment. I definitely would pay $25 a month for a Blue Cruise and YouTube tech package.
Sponsored