• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Deleted member 9341

I've worked in this business (currently a finance director) since 2008. It's sad that so many dealerships treat people like meat. I've always told my customers I work for them. I'm VERY aware if people don't buy from me I am homeless. Literally. If I take the time to actually do my job correctly I can pay my bills. I've found over time that if I remain honest and take the time to educate the consumer (treating them like human beings) things go so much smoother. You can and absolutely do build trust and people come back.... and bring friends and family too. Funny what being decent will do....
If only all the others were as good as you!
Sponsored

Marshall

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software
SOOOOO been on the phone with Ford's Customer Service and basically I am screwed. Every dealer in my area that wont charge an admin fee has reached their allocation limit and I Cant order through them. I Can only order through a dealer that will charge me an admin fee.
By Admin Fee do you mean ADM, i.e. Additional Dealer Markup?

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Has Ford actually done something for you? I called customer service who supposedly escalated my call, and said that they would call me back, but never did. Then I chatted with a Ford guy online who gave me a case number and said that ford would email me, which they also did not do. My hope has been fading.
Hadn't heard anything; I gave the case number to the representative and asked very specific questions: "Will I be moved to the end of the line? No. Will I likely get a 2022 in 2022? Yes." She seems confident that the invite to order and fulfillment will both transfer. I'm sure hoping she's right. Either way, that $30k was not going to be paid and that dealer has now lost a Lightning and MME order from me.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Hadn't heard anything; I gave the case number to the representative and asked very specific questions: "Will I be moved to the end of the line? No. Will I likely get a 2022 in 2022? Yes." She seems confident that the invite to order and fulfillment will both transfer. I'm sure hoping she's right. Either way, that $30k was not going to be paid and that dealer has now lost a Lightning and MME order from me.
From your previous post though, the fulfillment doesn’t transfer, it uses the new dealers allotment. Otherwise you could have transferred to any dealer regardless of their allotment.

NayNay

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, F150
Occupation
Finance Director
Enjoy your time off!!!!

Yup, my bank has a very favorable rates right now, hopefully it's as good come time for delivery.
Usually if you tell that dealership your rate they'll try to beat it. We get paid by the banks

Sponsored

NayNay

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, F150
Occupation
Finance Director
If my dealer had said $699 “dealer fee” and called me in advance of the invite to order, I’d have been mad but said sure. However, my experience with the surprise $30k ADM has lead to confusing conversations with Ford and members here. My understanding—after having received a case number from escalation, so may not work for everyone—is that my invite to order is still good once moving, that switching would not put me at the back of the line, and this should not affect the new dealer’s allotment.

We won’t know if that’s true or not until I get a VIN or someone at Ford says otherwise (again). IF it does affect the dealer’s other customers, then I’m sorry Granger buyers!
This doesn't have any effect on your place in line and it also shouldn't have an impact on that dealerships allocation that your moving too. In your case it seems you're taking your allocation spot with you and the dealership that played a game is losing that allocation.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
This doesn't have any effect on your place in line and it also shouldn't have an impact on that dealerships allocation that your moving too. In your case it seems you're taking your allocation spot with you and the dealership that played a game is losing that allocation.
That would make sense, except he wasn’t able to move to other dealers that had used up their allocations already.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
That would make sense, except he wasn’t able to move to other dealers that had used up their allocations already.
And there's the catch 22. If you are able to move to an honest dealer with a few allocations, but in turn you might be bumping another customer out of their deserved allocation. There's no way for it to be a win/win with the current setup. Dealers need to quit playing their stupid greedy games and r alive the affect it'll have on them when they look at the big picture.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Preston Ford:

Hurlock Maryland. No ADM. One of the largest dealers in the country in an EV state. Don't think they have many reservations.

Sponsored

Cruiser

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GT350, 2015 F150, 2008 GT500, 2008 Solstice
Occupation
Business Owner
TransWest Ford in Torrington Wyoming. Selling me their only allocation for MY22 at MSRP. Great small town dealership

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
If my dealer had said $699 “dealer fee” and called me in advance of the invite to order, I’d have been mad but said sure. However, my experience with the surprise $30k ADM has lead to confusing conversations with Ford and members here. My understanding—after having received a case number from escalation, so may not work for everyone—is that my invite to order is still good once moving, that switching would not put me at the back of the line, and this should not affect the new dealer’s allotment.

We won’t know if that’s true or not until I get a VIN or someone at Ford says otherwise (again). IF it does affect the dealer’s other customers, then I’m sorry Granger buyers!

I think when Ford says "the dealer allotment isn't going to be affected" -- it means the dealer allotment isn't going to be affected.... so if a dealer was getting, say, 5 Lightnings, they're still going to get 5.

If you move dealers, you'll be taking a truck "from someone else" at your new dealer, and "giving a truck to somebody else" at your old dealer.

Begeorgy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport, F-150 Lightning on Order
I am sorry, but I literally had to create an account just to answer. The very first post mentions this:
"
Mullinax Nationwide (Alabama, Florida, Washington) - see post here:
1) No ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) on any Bronco
2) No Dealer Fees. PERIOD. Most dealers will hide these fees until the end. Don't be tricked. At Mullinax Ford, you will only pay state regulated sales taxes and tag/registration fees. Tax and Tag - Nothing More!
3) We will happily accept any A-X-Z-D Plan customer.
4) We are a one price dealer group. With our "Low Upfront Pricing" we monitor the competitive marketplace and strive to offer ALL our customers on ANY vehicle the BEST PRICE FIRST. With that said, we are monitoring the Bronco market closely and will offer discounts off MSRP as market conditions require us to remain competitive. At this time, Ford is not building or shipping Bronco yet so our discount may be greater at time of delivery if the marketplace dictates. You will get a GREAT DEAL at MULLINAX!
"

Here is the link to their Bronco (20k OVER), with No dealer fees and low price up front bullshit.
https://mullinaxfordfl.com/sale/for...1-ford-bronco-black-diamond-1fmee5dh5mla62241

Can we all agree that in this supply/demand situation even customer flipping their vehicles on eBay and trying to make some money. But let's not do "false advertising" for another dealership please. They are doing false advertising and you are advertising false advertising

805Badger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X
Interestingly enough, I just placed my order and in the pricing section, it shows a difference between MSRP and final price of $3000. I called the dealer and they confirmed that they are MSRP only and that they don't know where that came from but will provide me in writing there is no ADM. So, rather than me going all Karen and asking to talk to the manager, I am glad I called and had a conversation with them.
Sponsored