• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
That pro is listed at $61k. Scumbag dealership.
Without context this is hard to interpret. You can option a Pro quite a bit as it tops out at $60k with every single available option.

That said...the one they have has a MSRP of $41k, it's a $20k ADM or a 49% markup.

Scumbag dealership...
Sponsored

JWW

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
83 Mustang SLX convertible, 21 Mach-e FE, 14 MKS
Occupation
Accountant
Atchinson Ford in Belleville MI has a Rapid Red Platinum - thing I noticed is the rear tail light bar blends in nicely, so it is harder to tell it is a Lighting.

Test Drives for reservation holders at the dealership only (they invite you to transfer your reservation), plus like the old days a sales person must accompany you on the test drive. This service vehicle (they never heard it called a mannequin) is already "spoken for".

I can attest to two items that have been written on this site - you can chirp the tires at 25 - 30 MPH and when you do that chirp, have both hands on the wheel.

My Lariat is to be built this week - the online inventory lists my Star-White Lariat and an Oxford White Lariat; the sticker for the second Lightning has a blend date of next week.

The service vehicle is not listed on the website., and physically it is kept at the side parked up against the building, not out front for all to see.

Total the dealership has 6 MY22 Lightings ordered (including the service vehicle).

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Without context this is hard to interpret. You can option a Pro quite a bit as it tops out at $60k with every single available option.

That said...the one they have has a MSRP of $41k, it's a $20k ADM or a 49% markup.

Scumbag dealership...
Another forum member mentioned that it's a defualt by ford for the info added and that they aren't charging above MSRP at that dealership. I hope that's the case, but it threw me off when I saw the numbers!

dfoisy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
That pro is listed at $61k. Scumbag dealership.
Actually, I was surprised when I saw that! I've dealt with them in the past, but it was 20 years ago. When I found it on their website, I called and talked to 1 of the sales reps. He said that it's available for test drives, but it's not for sale for 6 months. They've had it since last week sometime. At least they're good about that.

dfoisy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Air Traffic Controller
Nope. The web site prices are meaningless. They had the same thing with the Mach-E I bought with no ADM and already confirmed no ADM on the Pro when I drove it and on my Platinum (which is also listed with a markup).

Far from a scumbag dealership but thanks for chiming in.

P.S. Here's the window sticker. No markup. https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...t-status-update-now-shipped.10451/post-211365
@GoGoGadgetTruck, I was under the impression, too, that it was marked up. Why would the website say something different when other dealers (Autonation, Liberty) have theirs listed at sticker on their websites? Just curious.

BTW, Liberty has their Lariat available for test drives. I'm going to go out there in the next couple of days to test it out, or at least look at the color. Hopefully my SQM Lariat will be here in the next couple of weeks!

Oh, yeah, where are you? Maybe we can compare the Platinum and Lariat sometime!

Sponsored

detroitlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Toyota RAV4 Prime, ‘22 Maverick XL
popped in to see this (picking up my wife’s Toyota next door). Seems like it’s for sale - it’s a SR Lariat, antimatter blue (love the color in person). Stickeres at $70k…guy said I could have it for $100k lol.

Dean Sellers in Troy, MI has one in their showroom. Can’t get inside, but looks dark blue and has the light bar. Not sure if mannequin or waiting for pickup.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
@GoGoGadgetTruck, I was under the impression, too, that it was marked up. Why would the website say something different when other dealers (Autonation, Liberty) have theirs listed at sticker on their websites? Just curious.

BTW, Liberty has their Lariat available for test drives. I'm going to go out there in the next couple of days to test it out, or at least look at the color. Hopefully my SQM Lariat will be here in the next couple of weeks!

Oh, yeah, where are you? Maybe we can compare the Platinum and Lariat sometime!
No idea why the site says that. I can only tell you my previous experience and what they told me.

nandyd

First Name
Nandith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GT-R, Tesla Model S, Ford F150 Lightning
Bowling Green, KY dealer has a Black Lariat SR for demo.
Just drove it last week; acceleration is exhilarating; cornering better than other trucks in its class; but can be scaring if you carry speed. Build quality is typical Ford.

Sponsored

ace-rockola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Lightning Lariat ER
Midway Ford in Roseville, MN has one oxford white Pro Standard Range (with some options) available for test drive. MSRP on the sticker is $45,944

They are also taking a $2000 deposit to buy it after 6 months of being a demo. I believe they are doing MSRP+$5000.

I drove it and it was fantastic. Cannot wait to hopefully order my lariat this summer!

Ford F-150 Lightning List of dealers with Lightning DEMO MANNEQUINS AVAILABLE FOR TEST DRIVES 676053602_20220604_114400

Last edited:

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
Midway Ford in Roseville, MN has one oxford white Pro Standard Range (with some options) available for test drive. MSRP on the sticker is $45,944

They are also taking a $2000 deposit to buy it after 6 months of being a demo. I believe they are doing MSRP+$5000.

I drove it and it was fantastic. Cannot wait to hopefully order my lariat this summer!

676053602_20220604_114400.jpg
That doesn't seem to be that bad of deal when comparing it the other marked up demos.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

676053602_20220604_114400.jpg
Hate to say it but it might be worth the $5k markup.

ace-rockola

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Lightning Lariat ER
Hate to say it but it might be worth the $5k markup.
Agreed with you and @jpepper07 . It is a really nice truck for that price. We are pretty set on an ER truck, so we will have to pass on it. While I think it is better than the 150% markups seen elsewhere, there is something a little unnerving about paying over MSRP while a bunch of random customers and sales guys will be driving it like it's stolen for the next six months. Like you don't even know how high the mileage will be by the end.

illusion86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Metro Ford in OKC has a Lariat ER but is not doing test drives. This truck is so nice in person! I did not mind the grill

Ford F-150 Lightning List of dealers with Lightning DEMO MANNEQUINS AVAILABLE FOR TEST DRIVES 7C314F3F-8331-47DD-A943-AC85D800C90D

Ford F-150 Lightning List of dealers with Lightning DEMO MANNEQUINS AVAILABLE FOR TEST DRIVES 67B65043-FE80-425A-B3A1-088725DAC9E6

Ford F-150 Lightning List of dealers with Lightning DEMO MANNEQUINS AVAILABLE FOR TEST DRIVES EC531AC3-40B9-43B3-B979-0F433D86532F
Sponsored