• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maintenance Schedule - 10k service

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Anyone else hit their first 10k service and how much did it cost? I'm wondering if a maintenance plan is worthwhile if I prepay at $100 a pop?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
The cost is in this thread...

They charge for a tire rotation and visual inspection. Should be around $20. A maintenance plan on this truck is for people who like to burn their money.

DrOctane

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger, MME GTPE
Occupation
Technical Instructor
There are certain items that require maintenance at certain intervals. Cabin air filters, brake fluid and coolant come to mind.

Also, inspection of items such as steering components and half shaft boots are a good idea, especially if your state (such as Virginia) does not have a mandatory state safety inspection program.
Valid points with one correction. Virginia has a 12mo state-inspection program. As an inspector, we pull front and rear wheels for closer inspection of components.😎

Reactions: chl

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
There are certain items that require maintenance at certain intervals. Cabin air filters, brake fluid and coolant come to mind.

Also, inspection of items such as steering components and half shaft boots are a good idea, especially if your state (such as Virginia) does not have a mandatory state safety inspection program.
Virginia has a mandatory yearly inspection. I know. I live there. Maybe you meant WVa? Not sure about them.

" Before operating a vehicle in Virginia, it must pass an annual safety inspection and display a valid safety inspection sticker. This helps catch any issues before they can cause harm. "

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/moving/newva.html

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Valid points with one correction. Virginia has a 12mo state-inspection program. As an inspector, we pull front and rear wheels for closer inspection of components.😎
First, I meant to say “unlike Virginia”. Except for lazy inspectors at dealerships who use flash lights and mirrors. I think that all four wheels should be pulled. How do I know? Because there is a large window at the dealership,that lets customers look into the shop.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Virginia has a mandatory yearly inspection. I know. I live there. Maybe you meant WVa? Not sure about them.

" Before operating a vehicle in Virginia, it must pass an annual safety inspection and display a valid safety inspection sticker. This helps catch any issues before they can cause harm. "

https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/moving/newva.html
I meant to say “unlike Virginia”.

Reactions: chl

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I paid $35.72 with tax
Pointless inspections probably. Just a way to keep the dealerships funded and mechanics employed. Unless your Lightning has experienced heavy-duty workloads on a regular basis I suppose.

But I wonder - does the Lightning HAVE a motor coolant system?
My 2012 Leaf doesn't.
Maybe it's the battery cooling system - active thermal control?

Nissan required my Leaf to have yearly battery inspections for the first 8 years to maintain the warranty. Recommended tire rotation, and brake fluid change at some mileage points.

Windshield washer fluid, wipers, cabin air filters, etc. are DIY items.

Other than that, nothing to service.

Yeah I get periodic emails and flyers about oil changes and other N/A services for the Nissan dealer.

I did have to go to the dealer to upgrade the telemetrics once but then last year AT&T abandoned that mode and there is no upgrade so I can't remote start or heat my Leaf, etc., but then it's a short walk from my kitchen to my attached garage anyway if I need that.

There were 2 or 3 recalls to add some shield to the bottom of the Leaf to better protect the battery, but they were at no cost to me of course.

Been very reliable.

I have been reading recently about some serious issues with the Lightning and battery failures which gives me pause. Seems like if that happens, you will be waiting quite some time for warranty replacement. Why don't the US EV makers go with a modular battery pack system like Nio in China (coming to the US soon as well)? That would make it a lot easier to solve battery failures, and could eliminate the need to fast charge and risk reducing battery life substantially.

Good luck. I am on the sidelines re the Lightning until some improvements are made - cancelled my reservation after suffering from a severe case of sticker shock.

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Powerplant Supervisor
In San Diego I went to get my 10000 service. Sedano Ford La Mesa quoted $90.00 +tax. Perry Ford National City quoted $60.00 +tax. Chula Vista Ford quoted $40.00 +tax. I am going to try Chula Vista.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
This reminds me I need to schedule mine. I just hit 9k miles and figure it'll be about a month before anyone can get me in.

Lesrice13

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LIGHTENING LARIAT
Occupation
Construction
Anyone had this done yet? How was the experience and/or what was the approximate cost? I was surprised to get the notification, still adjusting to the EV vs ICE expectations. List seems reasonable enough. Haven't looked yet for the full schedule, but curious what the major milestones are.

Screenshot_20220918-092649.png
Just had 10,000 service completed. Rotated tires, checked battery, topped off wiper fluid, checked thread depth and brakes, a multi-point inspection: cost me about $26.

Last edited by a moderator:

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
In my experience, there are two important factors that determine a long, trouble free life for your vehicle:

1. Do the regular routine maintenance as the manufacturer recommends (tires may need to be rotated at 5,000 miles rather than 10,000), and

2. Find a dealer with an outstanding service department with technicians well trained in Ford EVs. My Concord, NH Ford dealer has an excellent service department. I rely on their expertise to keep me on the road and trouble free. What I pay them for keeping an eye on my Lightning is well worth the peace of mind I get.

YRMV

Dan's Lightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Tire rotation? all wheel drive, 50/50 weight, you would think tire rotation would be less needed?
The fronts ya take the cornering so yes need rotation during their tread life but you would think every 5,000miles would be over kill? Seems crazy to me...

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Tire rotation? all wheel drive, 50/50 weight, you would think tire rotation would be less needed?
The fronts ya take the cornering so yes need rotation during their tread life but you would think every 5,000miles would be over kill? Seems crazy to me...
Ford F-150 Lightning Maintenance Schedule - 10k service IMG_0040
Sponsored