• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Regular maintenance?

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
My local dealer has a Quick Lane service in addition to dealership. Think they can do Lightning service? Much easier to get in there.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My local dealer has a Quick Lane service in addition to dealership. Think they can do Lightning service? Much easier to get in there.
You should ask the dealership whether the QuickLane staff is trained on EVs, i.e. checking fluid levels, using the proper fluid for topoffs, inspecting for leaks, etc. I would expect the answer will be "nope".

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What I figured too. Thought I’d ask in here. Will relay info.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
here I thought the OP was asking WTH is a "recommend D service." What happened to C or B service?

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Called the dealership…said the “Quick Lane” can do Lightning service. Receptionists did say, “ I’m sure they can service it, it’s just a regular F150”.

…Hmmmmm now I’m a bit nervous.

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I have a standalone Quicklane associated with the local dealer. I needed a state inspection since I purchased out of state. I called the Quicklane and asked if they could do it for the Lightning, they said "yes". I watched from the waiting room as they drove the truck into the bay, a couple techs walked around it, and drove it back out. I got my stickers.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Called the dealership…said the “Quick Lane” can do Lightning service. Receptionists did say, “ I’m sure they can service it, it’s just a regular F150”.

…Hmmmmm now I’m a bit nervous.
I wouldn't ask the receptionist much beyond "where is the bathroom". Go on their website and find the email address for the Service Manager.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
The Factory Service Manual

I have a copy, it does not mention a specific volume of oil, "Fill to level with fill port", note each motor has filters, one motor has it located in the pan, similar to the way it's done in ICE Automatic's and the other has a spin on disposable cartridge like on an ICE engine, these as accessible after dropping the skid plate/shields below each motor.
Where did you get the manual? Downloadable?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Where did you get the manual? Downloadable?
One off PDF print that I promised not to forward to others.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Quick Lane worked for me. Topped off and monitoring level. Yea I’m pretty anal s about stuff like this.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
You should ask the dealership whether the QuickLane staff is trained on EVs, i.e. checking fluid levels, using the proper fluid for topoffs, inspecting for leaks, etc. I would expect the answer will be "nope".
There was a Lightning in one of the bays at Quicklane that topped my coolant tank off. Didn’t ask what they were doing. Just midway. I was about an 8th of an inch low after sitting fir a couple of hrs.
Sponsored