• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
I don't hate it, but looks like it would interfere with the auto tailgate.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Without reading , I’m going to say no . Also that looks horrible.

update : read it . The answer is “we don’t know yet” .. but it is awesome that motortrend writers spend time on our forum! I’ve also enjoyed their long term review .

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I'd give it a go if it actually gave a meaningful range boost. Why the heck not?

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I'd give it a go if it actually gave a meaningful range boost. Why the heck not?
I would agree 100%, except I figure the cost of that baby is going to be in 3-4K range and I could never convince the wife it would ever payoff.

I do like the look though.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I would agree 100%, except I figure the cost of that baby is going to be in 3-4K range and I could never convince the wife it would ever payoff.

I do like the look though.
Yeah, cost will be a issue. Although I'm not that worried about it since I don't expect it to make that much difference in the range. ;)

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Nope, not for me, I need to be able to climb into the truck bed to get on my boat at the boat ramp. I take my boat out all year round and not getting my feet wet climbing into my boat in the winter is a big plus. Also I like the versatility and light weight of my soft tonneau cover.

Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER

This video goes into detail about how much efficiency can be gained by sloping the backend, very good video.

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer
I like the look and would get one if they were not charging the overly high charge that they plan on it, Just like i would get a tonneau but those are also overpriced. So i will be patient until a used one that i like becomes available.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
This same topper appeared on a Raptor several years ago. Just in case anybody thought this was a recent innovation.
Ford F-150 Lightning Motortrend: We Gave Our Ford F-150 Lightning a Fastback Roof—Did We Get More Range? Raptor_fastback

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I don’t understand the purpose of the article, but I’m not a writer so I’m sure I’m missing something. I guess we’ll have to wait until another article with information appears before judgement…

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I don’t understand the purpose of the article, but I’m not a writer so I’m sure I’m missing something. I guess we’ll have to wait until another article with information appears before judgement…
It was to bait you to their page so you can create ad impressions. Now to get the answers with the facts and figures you have to wait for the next article and double the amount of ad impressions. FWIW this is subject is very interesting to me, and I was into the level of detail being provided, but it was so frustrating to get a "to be continued" just when it seemed to be getting to the detail that mattered most. So the follow up to this article will probably be the last thing I read from motortrend for a long time.
Sponsored