• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My 2023 Lightning Lariat is getting a battery pack replacement!

Bigisland Guy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat SR Build group 10/24/2022
Occupation
Property Mgmt
What concerns me is that my service advisor tells me that he is seeing more Lightnings coming to him lately. I tried to get more from him but he didn't share. So keeping a data base of bad battery modules or "battery packs" with the blend dates and other details is definitely a big plus.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
What concerns me is that my service advisor tells me that he is seeing more Lightnings coming to him lately. I tried to get more from him but he didn't share. So keeping a data base of bad battery modules or "battery packs" with the blend dates and other details is definitely a big plus.
I think one of the recalls improved the HVB BMS so the truck is detecting bad packs more reliably. There was obviously a bad run of modules for awhile. It must have been in a way that ford can't reliably (or cost effectively) determine down to the VIN to issue a recall. Shit happens, especially when establishing new supply lines of new tech components. The batteries were always bad, but now they can be found more effectively before they cause a problem. How Ford (and more importantly service centers) handle the situation is the make or break on if Ford can be an EV company. Loaners for "Stop safely now" warranty work should be automatic and immediate. Turn around time should be days, not weeks. If Ford gets this together, they will cement themselves as the not-a-Tesla EV leader

Sponsored

Fireetr73

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lariat Lighting
Occupation
Firefighter
UPDATE! Ford has agreed to buy back the truck. I should get the preliminary offer sheet this week. Has anybody gone through this process yet, they can give me any advice?

AI_Speed

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Investor
UPDATE! Ford has agreed to buy back the truck. I should get the preliminary offer sheet this week. Has anybody gone through this process yet, they can give me any advice?
Please share the 800 number you called and how you convinced them to do a buyback - 30+ days service and what key repair elements convinced them?

Fireetr73

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Pursue the buyback issue for sure & please keep us posted on how it goes.
UPDATE- Ford agreed to the buy back and has sent me and offer sheet. The offer sheet includes a 15000 user fee. I only used the truck for a year. Does anyone have experience dealing with a buy back, especially in negotiating down that you usage fee?

Fireetr73

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Please share the 800 number you called and how you convinced them to do a buyback - 30+ days service and what key repair elements convinced them?
Are you in Florida? I used BBB auto line 1-800-955-5100

Airboss

First Name
TImothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lighting
Occupation
Airport Operations Manager
Same issue here. 2023 F150 XLT SR. 14k miles, dealer has the truck, said it would be 4-6 weeks before they would even look at it. No loaner at this time.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
said it would be 4-6 weeks before they would even look at it.
Raise hell about this. This is unacceptable and you should take it to another dealer. We are far too complacent when dealers tell us this. It's not a warranty claim till it's diagnosed, which is why you're not getting a loaner. Get them to look at it today, or give it back to you so you can take it to another dealer. Get the service manager's attention, or even better if they have a customer relations person. Plaster bad reviews on Yelp and google if you need to.

AI_Speed

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Investor
UPDATE- Ford agreed to the buy back and has sent me and offer sheet. The offer sheet includes a 15000 user fee. I only used the truck for a year. Does anyone have experience dealing with a buy back, especially in negotiating down that you usage fee?
$15,000 user fee deduction? That should not be - maybe $1500 at the most for mileage.