• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Replacement Module Survey ??

This survey is to discover how many forum members had their HV battery require a module replacement.

• Total voters

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I was you in that aspect. I drove my 2023 Lighting just fine the past 11 months until pack arrived, not wanting to be without my favorite vehicle any more than necessary. Once the pack and all parts arrived I took my truck in on December 5th. The fun started here.
When Fords special teams department that works directly with service managers the all mighty “SSSC” was helping my dealer (notice I say when…. They have been dark as in ghosting them since December 18th “researching” bs…) No farther action from SSSC as in dealership cannot get response from SSSC which means truck not getting support or parts to be fixed..!!!!!
Ford is doing nothing to help me or my service department to get support, parts or anything as of December 18th..
Don’t forget my truck was taken in on December 5th with the pack on hand in wooden crate on floor to be installed and my truck promised to be back in two days..!!! This was a promise made to me by fords very own BEV Recall team people, the ones sending all of us the weekly letters by the way and also fords service department. Guess what? the new Battery Pack they got for my December 5th install is still sitting on the floor DOA, as defective and no good..!!!
So my truck is elevated up in the air on a lift (high and mighty just like the SSSC people are acting BTW… with packs removed on floor, and SSSC can only say “researching” now for the past 11 days..!!!! What kind of company has the once great Ford Motors Company become that they treat there customers and service department this way I must ask?? So the update basically broke my truck that was flawless until then, SSSC won’t release necessary parts to service department still and in the mean time the dealership has received 4 new Lightning’s that now are just sitting on the lot.
So it seems like to be that Ford Motors needs to send my service department a new non defective battery pack and get my truck out of there fully fixed and back home to its owner. I’m over 100k into this vehicle and I have nothing to show for it in my garage. Nobody can give me or dealership any answers!! This situation has so far not been handled properly at all.
All I can tell my peeps is be very wary of all FORD products snd their lack of respect to both customers and service departments. This sucks..!!! To be continued…..
My dealer has been phenomenal so far, but if my truck was in that situation. I would probably check my state lemon laws and/or contact Ford to inquire about a buyback if there's no path to resolution.

Don't get me wrong, love my truck and love having a low VIN, but the inquiry alone could speed things up.
Sponsored

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
I just got an update from dealer - Still waiting on parts from Ford. 6+ weeks so far. No ETA on the parts.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
My dealer has been phenomenal so far, but if my truck was in that situation. I would probably check my state lemon laws and/or contact Ford to inquire about a buyback if there's no path to resolution.

Don't get me wrong, love my truck and love having a low VIN, but the inquiry alone could speed things up.
Thanks. I’ve told them to start the buyback process today. Guess I’ll see if that presents me any other options…

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
2023 Lariat ER with November 2022 build I believe. Unfortunately I’m in the group too. First got the issue in November (one year anniversary of build) at around 8200 miles. One month in the shop waiting for a battery module.
Came back out in early December & they pulled it back in for the heated steering wheel replacement for one day. Shortly after it updated to the 6.8 software update and a second battery module failed. Took it in (8700 miles).

They validated it was safe to drive with reduced range, but after I took it on an 85 mile trip it stopped charging and they are still waiting for a second battery module (2 weeks and might end up being 3 with the holidays). At around 9k now. Barely made it to dealer once I got the charging error.

Have contacted Ford Concierge service, but they aren’t much help. I’m qualified for the lemon law, but I do love the truck and even if I could get the 2024’s cheaper, I’d prefer to keep my automatic running boards and lockable storage.

Fingers crossed as the wait and lack on info from Ford (not the dealer who has reached out almost every day) is pretty sad.
Update - fixed after almost another month in the shop - mostly waiting for the battery module. Fingers crossed this is it.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Update - fixed after almost another month in the shop - mostly waiting for the battery module. Fingers crossed this is it.
Glad to hear that for you. đź‘Ź sweet.

The process and time it takes is utterly ridiculous for a process that seems inadequate at the least. It’s insane that mine has been in Service since December 5th…. Virtually nobody has any answers yet other than “researching”.
Insanity at its finest IMHO.

Wishing you best of luck in your repair and that it solves the issue. Thanks for the updates.

Sponsored

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
The dealership was able to do the repair in a day, but nobody seemed to know where the battery module was. I can’t figure out how you have something that has to be shipped as hazardous material and not have a transparent parts tracking mechanism.

tkittlitz

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14Ram1500ED, 20FordEscapeHybrid, 22LightningOrder
I picked up my Truck monday night. Interesting bit of info that the service rep told me was that they actually got the replacment battery modules within 7 business days - But they needed some special electrical connector grease that Ford was backordered on. And that was the big delay in getting my truck back. Just thought I would pass this info along.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I picked up my Truck monday night. Interesting bit of info that the service rep told me was that they actually got the replacment battery modules within 7 business days - But they needed some special electrical connector grease that Ford was backordered on. And that was the big delay in getting my truck back. Just thought I would pass this info along.
Sad that by now Ford hasn't prioritized putting these repair "kits" together and get them prioritized out to the dealers that have trucks needing repairs.

I don't see how Ford keeps flying under the radar and hasn't caught the ire of NTSB or news of the issues with the number of module failure. It's not small anymore. Tesla makes the news for the craziest of small items that are fixed with SW updates before the problem is even made public.

XLTTOM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting XLT
Bad module. Dealer had it just 6 days. Treated us great. Is this something that could happen again?

Sponsored

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
Bad module. Dealer had it just 6 days. Treated us great. Is this something that could happen again?
That is some great turn around time. Can it happen again? Sure. Mine has Module #6 replaced, worked for a week, and then needed Module #2 replaced... So yes, unfortunately.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Yes, problem can repeat based on recurring problems already experienced by a few - see the spreadsheet I am using to keep track of the reported failures in my signature.
Would you be so kind as to tell us your "build date" located at the top of the sticker in your driver's door jam? And also your mileage at the time? I will add this to the spreadsheet. It is sad to see that the battery problems still are occurring with 2023 builds. I was hoping that the problem was mostly occurring for early 2022 builds.

XLTTOM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting XLT
Build date is March 2022. Mileage 16500. Should I be paranoid about this happening again. I like to take the lightning up north on the weekend. About 150 miles 1 way.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Build date is March 2022. Mileage 16500. Should I be paranoid about this happening again. I like to take the lightning up north on the weekend. About 150 miles 1 way.
So your truck is actually a 2022?
As for fear of this happening again, I would say, "be afraid, be very afraid"

Your mileage may vary.
Hopefully by the end of your 8 year warranty you will have a completely new battery.

Last edited:

XLTTOM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting XLT
I am sorry.The build date was December 22 . The dealership said they know what trucks have the problem and they are shipping new modules and it would have been a recall. Is 23 better then 22 ?
Sponsored