• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Replacement Module Survey ??

This survey is to discover how many forum members had their HV battery require a module replacement.

• Total voters

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
@Ford Motor Company This is what we deal with at your dealer's service centers, and is really just not acceptable as you grow your EV business. Figure out how to get competent techs in place, then publicize it so we know where to go with our service needs.
Agree 100%
We need your team to get this resolved ASAP #FordMotorCompany https://x.com/Ford?s=20 TIA
Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator

drummer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 22 F-150 Lightning Lariet
Just got my truck back after the 23B57 update and diagnostic. I’m at 57% reduced power and the yellow wrench icon. Dealership to get back to me in next day or two in parts timeline.
So now I’m home and plugged and unable to charge. Red charge light ring and message of Vehicle charging fault.
No idea on a quick fix but will be calling dealership tomorrow asap. beyond frustrated.
Thanks for nothing…We need your team to get this resolved ASAP #FordMotorCompany https://x.com/Ford?s=20 TIA

IMG_7440.jpeg
IMG_7441.jpeg
Much like @ScubaSteve_TheReal and @tkittlitz I received the 23b57 software update on Nov 6th. A few weeks of normal driving and then on 11/24 I got the orange ring of death, the truck would not longer charge, the service soon indicator was on and I had the powertrain malfunction/reduced power error. It took until 11/29 to get it into the dealer (already scheduled since they failed to order parts for the lightbar and dash mat recalls). They updated the BECM software again (same as action taken on 11/6/23) and sent it back to me only to have the error immediately repeat! It took until 12/4/23 to get the truck in again for service and on 12/6/23 I was told that module 7 needs replaced. There is no ETA for the parts and the dealer needs to get the tools it takes to perform the replacement.

@Ford Motor Company what is going on? Is the software update uncovering issues that already existed with batteries?

Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Replacement Module Survey ?? IMG_5121.PNG
Ford F-150 Lightning Battery Replacement Module Survey ?? IMG_5130.PNG

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
So I too went in for the laundry list of recalls last week, and sure enough this week I too got the orange wrench notifying me of a powertrain malfunction.

Hasn't stopped charging though (surprisingly), so I'm still able to drive around at reduced power (57%). From what I've read so far in this thread though, it seems like most lost the ability to charge.

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
Just wanted to add: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ing-build-week-group-my2023.12470/post-355955 where I have had module #6 replaced and am currently in the middle of having Module #2 replaced.

I am curious, which build week group the truck with bad modules belong to, Am curious is the battery module batch is related. As I recall, mine was being build around the time that they had that week long delivery stoppage related to them catching a battery issue...

Sponsored

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Is this lemon law territory? I wish I had read this before our purchase last week.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
I am curious, which build week group the truck with bad modules belong to, Am curious is the battery module batch is related.
See my signature for a link to a Google spreadsheet of battery modules needing replacement and some build dates...wish more folks would give up build date and mileage for our curiousity.

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
Is this lemon law territory? I wish I had read this before our purchase last week.
I believe that varies state by state, where I am, being out of service for 30 days is one of the lemon law triggers, so in my case yes.

See my signature for a link to a Google spreadsheet of battery modules needing replacement and some build dates...wish more folks would give up build date and mileage for our curiousity.
Well, you have my build week per the link for my detailed experience. You can add my odometer is at 17k when the initial module fault occurred, and second fault roughly 400 miles and 7 days later. Do please feel free to add mine to your spreadsheet, I see you already have. Thanks for you efforts.

drummer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 22 F-150 Lightning Lariet
@GoodSam I'm not sure who is keeping the Google Doc but you can add my truck...11k miles and need module 6 replaced on an ER.

Sponsored

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
2023 Lariat ER with November 2022 build I believe. Unfortunately I’m in the group too. First got the issue in November (one year anniversary of build) at around 8200 miles. One month in the shop waiting for a battery module.
Came back out in early December & they pulled it back in for the heated steering wheel replacement for one day. Shortly after it updated to the 6.8 software update and a second battery module failed. Took it in (8700 miles).

They validated it was safe to drive with reduced range, but after I took it on an 85 mile trip it stopped charging and they are still waiting for a second battery module (2 weeks and might end up being 3 with the holidays). At around 9k now. Barely made it to dealer once I got the charging error.

Have contacted Ford Concierge service, but they aren’t much help. I’m qualified for the lemon law, but I do love the truck and even if I could get the 2024’s cheaper, I’d prefer to keep my automatic running boards and lockable storage.

Fingers crossed as the wait and lack on info from Ford (not the dealer who has reached out almost every day) is pretty sad.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Well mine is still in the shop all taken apart from bad battery modules. Truck has been in shop since Tuesday, December 5th..!!! Fords very own SSSC people are useless it seems, the . dealership at there mercy. They have been researching in the SSSC side since December 18th no updates to dealer service department for 11 days now. Very disappointed in Ford. Fords BEV team unwilling/unable or perhaps both to not escalate this situation. Tomorrow makes 25days in the shop with no end in sight. If someone at ford monitors these boards, I need help. We don’t know who else to call and lots of inaction. This sucks and is ridiculous. How about just sending my service dept a whole new replacement ER Battery pack since mine is apparently broken beyond fixing. People beware, Ford has yet to earn my trust.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
This survey is to discover how many forum members had their HV battery require a module replacement and the time it has taken to get fixed in the shop, or is still in the shop.

Vehicle was driven or towed to dealership for module replacement

How many weeks was your Lightning in the shop, or still in the shop at this time waiting to be fixed

2 weeks
3 weeks
4 weeks
5 weeks
6 weeks
Still in the shop
Out of the shop

Multiple selections allowed, (delivery, duration & current status)
What if I need replacement but the shop doesn’t have a battery and my truck is still being driven while waiting?

You had to know I would be the one to be a pain….

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
What if I need replacement but the shop doesn’t have a battery and my truck is still being driven while waiting?

You had to know I would be the one to be a pain….
I was you in that aspect. I drove my 2023 Lighting just fine the past 11 months until pack arrived, not wanting to be without my favorite vehicle any more than necessary. Once the pack and all parts arrived I took my truck in on December 5th. The fun started here.
When Fords special teams department that works directly with service managers the all mighty “SSSC” was helping my dealer (notice I say when…. They have been dark as in ghosting them since December 18th “researching” bs…) No farther action from SSSC as in dealership cannot get response from SSSC which means truck not getting support or parts to be fixed..!!!!!
Ford is doing nothing to help me or my service department to get support, parts or anything as of December 18th..
Don’t forget my truck was taken in on December 5th with the pack on hand in wooden crate on floor to be installed and my truck promised to be back in two days..!!! This was a promise made to me by fords very own BEV Recall team people, the ones sending all of us the weekly letters by the way and also fords service department. Guess what? the new Battery Pack they got for my December 5th install is still sitting on the floor DOA, as defective and no good..!!!
So my truck is elevated up in the air on a lift (high and mighty just like the SSSC people are acting BTW… with packs removed on floor, and SSSC can only say “researching” now for the past 11 days..!!!! What kind of company has the once great Ford Motors Company become that they treat there customers and service department this way I must ask?? So the update basically broke my truck that was flawless until then, SSSC won’t release necessary parts to service department still and in the mean time the dealership has received 4 new Lightning’s that now are just sitting on the lot.
So it seems like to be that Ford Motors needs to send my service department a new non defective battery pack and get my truck out of there fully fixed and back home to its owner. I’m over 100k into this vehicle and I have nothing to show for it in my garage. Nobody can give me or dealership any answers!! This situation has so far not been handled properly at all.
All I can tell my peeps is be very wary of all FORD products snd their lack of respect to both customers and service departments. This sucks..!!! To be continued…..
Sponsored