• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MY23 wave 3 invites by reservation date

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
5/19 about 60 seconds into the presentation. Got email at 7:34 PM Mountain 5/19.
Sponsored

Jason Weaver

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Platinum Expedition
Occupation
Solar Sales
6/01. Received survey, no invite. #159 out of 400 at my dealer. Idaho, so dealer received 5 ‘22my allocations. Hoping to get a truck in 2024.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
6/01. Received survey, no invite. #159 out of 400 at my dealer. Idaho, so dealer received 5 ‘22my allocations. Hoping to get a truck in 2024.
Might be worthwhile transferring to Oregon or Washington depending on where you live...I believe both of those are ZEV states and the dealers get more allocation than Idaho.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Reservation timestamp is the default sorting mechanism for dealer lines.

Reservation timestamp isn't the ONLY variable, but it absolutely is a major one, on average.
Yeah, but no.

I reserved on 5/20 at 9:50AM. My non-ZEV state dealer got around 8 2022s. I was #72 on his list. I have not been invited to order. ZEV states, and dealer allocation, wins.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
yes very good idea.
Another forum user found that the Ford in Ontario, OR was able to get him a truck and he was able to order much faster than his original dealer. FYI

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Yeah, but no.

I reserved on 5/20 at 9:50AM. My non-ZEV state dealer got around 8 2022s. I was #72 on his list. I have not been invited to order. ZEV states, and dealer allocation, wins.
Yes, on average, timestamp is a major influence.

Your timestamp is early, but not THAT early. There are at least 20k people with earlier stamps.

Dealer allocation is correlated with typical sales volumes, so a high allocation is also likely to have high number of reservations, so those are somewhat of a wash.

ZEV is an advantage, because it increases allocations independent of typical sales volumes, BUT early timestamps are clearly correlated with getting an order invite. If the timestamp wasn’t important, then we’d see a lot more late reservations getting trucks, but most of them are from within a few days of the unveiling.

Other factors can outweigh an early reservation, especially dealer prioritization, but early reservation clearly correlates with order invites *on average*.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
5/19/21 9:03pm central . Just ordered an XLT SR in Wave 3.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I reserved on 6/19/21, after realizing my dealer in Vancouver, WA was likely going to do ADM I switched to a dealer in Oregon across the river. In december my dealer emailed me letting me know Ford was asking him to do a priority list, I answered hell yes I'm interested and got in the top 25. I'm guessing a lot of people didn't answer his email. They got 9 orders in for MY 22 than I got a MY23 wave 3 invite. I wanted a Pro but we all know how that went so ordered what was available, a SR Lariat and added the Blues Clues. Call me JLariat now!

Sponsored

Iddqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul +
Reservation email 5/20/21 at 4.11pm
Got survey but no invite despite being 26/300 at VA dealer.
Called ford yesterday and changed my dealership to MD one since it is ZEV state. Surprisingly, MD dealer cannot confirm that my switch went through stating that Ford deals with online preorder stuff. Even more weird, got $100 refund from VA dealer and now my ford reservation page shows $0 paid, at least showing now my preorder tied to MD dealership. Am I screwed with my place in cue?
PM me info of a knowledgeable sales rep at Sheehy Ford Gaithersburg if you were lucky to score a lightning already. Thanks

rxn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Reservation email May 19, 2021, 9:49 PM PST. Only got the survey, no invite, I'm pretty sure I screwed myself by switching from a lesser known dealership out of fear they would add ADM to a popular one which did not add ADM, and they put me in the back of it line at the big dealership.

I wanted a Pro anyways and have been pretty disappointed (to put it politely) at the Pro/XLT situation in 2023, so maybe I'll luck out and be so far back in line I get a shot at a 2024 Pro. One can dream right? Otherwise I'll wait for my 2.1 millionth spot in line for a 2033 Cybertruck 😂

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Will being with an EV state be as important in MY23? WIth all the tax changes and expiration of programs at the end of the year, will being an EV state matter any more?

Jer10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Expedition, Lightning reservation
Got my reservation confirmation email at 9:47 PM EST on 5/19. Never received a survey. Ordered SR XLT on 9/7 in wave 3.

I ordered through a small VA dealer and I'm only the 2nd order submitted there.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Will being with an EV state be as important in MY23? WIth all the tax changes and expiration of programs at the end of the year, will being an EV state matter any more?
I think ZEV credits are on a state basis and not affected by IRA. So Ford should still give those states preference so they can get those credits.
Sponsored