• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinsNBolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
They have two days to meet the deadline we all concocted in our head after watching one recorded random local government meeting in which a Tesla employee whispered February into our ears.

My money is on some cheeky “leap year” marketing announcement right at the deadline.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Getting closer...

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I just want my blues clues back

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I’m not disagreeing with you but I think there is a very real plus to using FordPass to activate chargers. I have a Ford VISA Rewards card linked to FordPass. When I use the card linked to the EA app the charge just gets listed as an EV charging purchase but when I use the FordPass app the charge gets listed as a Ford purchase.

I get much higher points with my Ford VISA Rewards card with a Ford purchase. If you never plan to get your Lightning serviced by Ford or you never plan to purchase anything again from Ford then the points won’t really matter to you. But if you want Ford to help you keep your Lightning in tip top condition then those points could really help out over time.

Plus you get to use Plug&Charge at EA chargers when you use the FordPass app. The rewards points takes a little bit of the sting out of the higher price using the FordPasd app to charge. I changed my EA Pass+ account to just a Pass account just in case I ever need it but I only plan to use the FordPass app to activate EA chargers from now on.
Since Pass+ is a 25% discount, there is zero financial advantage to using FordPass, credit card or not.

On the morning of a trip, activate Pass+. Downgrade right after, takes effect in 30 days.

Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Since Pass+ is a 25% discount, there is zero financial advantage to using FordPass, credit card or not.

On the morning of a trip, activate Pass+. Downgrade right after, takes effect in 30 days.
Do you have a Ford VISA Rewards card or are you just blowing wind?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat

Fully agree on this.
Fordpass does not offer EA Plus pricing.
Some VISA cards now offer extra cash back for EV charging spending on EA, EVgo, blink and other vendors, just another reason not using Fordpass
I would not pay extra for the plug&charge

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
Verified today android app won't show it, maybe it needs to be 4.32.1 and higher (currently 4.31.1)

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Please show where you back 25%?
I take it from your response that you don’t have a Ford VISA Rewards card so you have no idea of what I’m talking about. There are a lot of different ways to look at costs. Costs all boil down to what’s most important to you.

For starters let’s look at subscription costs. EA Pass+ has a $7 per month subscription cost and now it looks like we are going need a $12 per month Tesla subscription. Do you really need to charge enough each month to offset these subscription costs?

Then there is the cool factor. How much is it worth to you just to be able to plug in and charge without hassling with multiple accounts and phone apps? At some locations with poor cell phone coverage being able to Plug&Charge is priceless.

You also have decide how much promoting EV charging infrastructure is worth to you. I started my EA Pass+ membership with rationalization that if I didn’t charge enough to offset the subscription cost I was at least providing funds monthly to EA to help them stay solvent. I’m actually taking many more long trips since I got my Lightning so I actually am giving EA a little more money without the Pass+ membership but nowhere near 25% more.

So finally we come to Ford Rewards. Of course the rewards for a single charge is not very much but if you use the rewards VISA routinely the rewards really build up. The rewards can be worth several hundred dollars a year that could be used to help pay for regular routine maintenance, new tires or even a new Lightning.

If you are a real cheapskate, do a lot of DCFC charging and are too cheap to buy a home L2 charger where you really should be doing your charging then you could save a little money with a Pass+ membership. But if you have the ability see past your next charging session then maybe you can see benefits to use FordPass to charge and paying with a Ford VISA Rewards card,
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.