• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
So, I got all excited today when I got a Ford email and caught the words "charging adapter" in the title. But it was nothing. They sent me another email to inform me my adapter was reserved. Still the same order number and anticipated ship date. Heh... :rolleyes:
Sponsored

macdian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
This is probably a repeat of many others already in the thread - but my goodness this is yet another failure on Ford's part to treat their customers as if they're important. Having known this was going to be coming over a year ago, they should have had these adapters immediately in stock for when this announcement was made.

Instead, 2 days into the announcement (though immediately after I got my email), I'm stuck showing a SEPTEMBER delivery.

Ford will be lucky if I even still own this ridiculous vehicle then based on how I've been treated so far (still don't have my chip for my heated steering wheel, windshield is all super cracked where there is no sign of rock chips, no lane change for bluecruise update installed, terrible bluecruise map).

So of course, I bought the A2Z one (especially given they're Canadian).

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is probably a repeat of many others already in the thread - but my goodness this is yet another failure on Ford's part to treat their customers as if they're important. Having known this was going to be coming over a year ago, they should have had these adapters immediately in stock for when this announcement was made.

Instead, 2 days into the announcement (though immediately after I got my email), I'm stuck showing a SEPTEMBER delivery.

Ford will be lucky if I even still own this ridiculous vehicle then based on how I've been treated so far (still don't have my chip for my heated steering wheel, windshield is all super cracked where there is no sign of rock chips, no lane change for bluecruise update installed, terrible bluecruise map).

So of course, I bought the A2Z one (especially given they're Canadian).
Yeah, if I was this pissed off I’d be looking to get rid of it ASAP.

Unfortunately we are not important to Ford, they sell plenty of other models. A EV buyers leaving isn’t going to hurt their business….

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
A2Z is going to sell a lot of adapters.

I'm glad that I already had one in hand when the announcement was made. I put 20k miles on my Lightning in less than 10 months. I've got a lot of road trips on deck and the Supercharger access has already been helpful. (see link below)

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...trip-when-supercharger-access-opened-up.18617

At the moment, my Ford adapter is tracking to the June timeframe. When it comes, great.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 Screenshot 2024-03-05 071857

I don't see any of this as really an issue for Ford. They got to be the first automaker with Supercharger access. Lightning and Mach E owners are already using Superchargers. Sure, you will have to wait for your free adapter if you don't want to spend $200, but you can also just buy an adapter now.

Are people going to sell their Lightnings over waiting for a free adapter? No. I don't care how angry you may be. Ford is the only game in town right now if you want to have the largest combined charging network.

You're already seeing posts from EV owners freaking out (GM, Hyundai, Porsche, VW, etc) that they have no idea when their access is coming. Heck, GM owners thought that they were getting access at the same time as Ford owners... and that didn't happen. Rivian is the only one that is suggesting their access is forthcoming, later this month.

This is a huge win for Ford.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I ordered a lecton adapter. I have a long j1772 charging cable extender from them that has been great. We have multiple plug in vehicles and having a plug at each parking spot is great. I can plug in the j1772 extension cable next to the lightning in the garage and charge the car parked outside. I ordered the nacs adapter so that I have it available sooner
I will want to have one for the other car after Ford sends me one for the lightning. Volvo hasn't said anything about complementary adapters.

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered a lecton adapter. I have a long j1772 charging cable extender from them that has been great. We have multiple plug in vehicles and having a plug at each parking spot is great. I can plug in the j1772 extension cable next to the lightning in the garage and charge the car parked outside. I ordered the nacs adapter so that I have it available sooner
I will want to have one for the other car after Ford sends me one for the lightning. Volvo hasn't said anything about complementary adapters.
Agreed. Complimentary adapters are a big expense. I don't expect every automaker to do it.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Agreed. Complimentary adapters are a big expense. I don't expect every automaker to do it.
But if Ford can do it, surely Volvo can too. Though the other way to look at it is if you afford a Volvo you can afford an adapter.

Budshark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
But if Ford can do it, surely Volvo can too. Though the other way to look at it is if you afford a Volvo you can afford an adapter.
Considering Volvo has multiple EVs at a lower price than Ford EVs and Ford has EVs that cost more than the most expensive Volvo EV, I’m not sure I follow this logic.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I look at Ford doing it as a grand PR gesture to bring attention to them being first to get access to the Supercharger network. For those automakers that follow, there isn't the same motivation.

It's possible that "free adapters" becomes the standard of customer care here, but I doubt that some of these automakers will do it, just because Ford did it.

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Considering Volvo has multiple EVs at a lower price than Ford EVs and Ford has EVs that cost more than the most expensive Volvo EV, I’m not sure I follow this logic.

True. The lightning cost 20k more than the xc40 EV.

EVs have brought the mainstream car companies into a competitive zone with luxury/near luxury brands. Lots of cross shopping that didn't occur 5 years ago. This may be sorted more in the next few years with mainstream EV prices falling (thanks Tesla) see the discounts last month on the MMe.

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 132 kwh
Still have not been able to reserve the adapter. Keep getting an OOPS error message going into connected services from my Ford Pass app, or from the web, after logging in. Anytime, day or night

I called customer support and they said I needed to join the Blue Oval network. I thought I had, but apparently not based on my VIN.

How do I do that? Go into connected services and... Lol

Catch 22....

Anyone else having the same problem?
Ok everyone. After going through everything with Ford Customer Service, they got IT involved. It appears that the previous owner still had a balance or something. They fixed the data. I was able to log into connected services finally, then reserve my Tesla adapter. EST delivery is September! Ugh.

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
After looking on my Ford.com page and having no luck finding my reservation I went online to Chat.
The chat was not very useful other than I got a phone number I could call...800-392-3673
I called the number and got a guy in the BEV engineering area. He was able to confirm my vehicle buy had no info on my reservation. He transferred me to the "Parts Department" . I thought it would be a lost cause but the woman helped me and got me on the right track. I found my original confirmation email and followed the link to check the status. Instead of "It's in production, I got an estimated ship date message that said:
Est. ship by
June 2024
order
Placed: 2/29/2024

Now I just have to wonder what "by" means in Ford speak, does it mean "before the beginning of" June 2024 or "by the end of June 2024"

I've waited this long and survived with my current at home and on the road charging options but I am chomping at the bit to get the free adapter.

The photo above with the April ship date had gotten my hopes up.

For those who may want to check on theirs, if they can not find it online the notice has a number 844-589-0060 , available 8:30-5:30 Eastern Time, M-F
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 NACS adapter.JPG

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
The race is on. My official Ford order still says August.

My A2Z was ordered on 3/1... and they don't show tracking information, so who knows when they'll actually ship. I assumed they were in-stock.

If nothing else, they should show an estimated ship date because I only ordered from them to get it sooner.

A2ZEV

First Name
A2Z EV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning & Ford Mach
Occupation
EVSE
The race is on. My official Ford order still says August.

My A2Z was ordered on 3/1... and they don't show tracking information, so who knows when they'll actually ship. I assumed they were in-stock.

If nothing else, they should show an estimated ship date because I only ordered from them to get it sooner.
Hi there,

As shown on the website it takes about 10-15 business days for an order to ship as the volume of orders is extremely important. That being said, orders from the 1st of March to the 5th of March will leave starting this next monday. You will get receive tracking number by email.

Please note that, as of now, we are the only company shipping these adapters, we are working very hard to please everyone.

Thank you for trusting us.
Sponsored