• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Hi there,

As shown on the website it takes about 10-15 business days for an order to ship as the volume of orders is extremely important. That being said, orders from the 1st of March to the 5th of March will leave starting this next monday. You will get receive tracking number by email.

Please note that, as of now, we are the only company shipping these adapters, we are working very hard to please everyone.

Thank you for trusting us.
AWESOME!

I've only heard great things about A2Z and I'm so glad I'll get mine before the summer so I can take some long distance trips without worrying about broken CSS chargers.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
Hi there,

As shown on the website it takes about 10-15 business days for an order to ship as the volume of orders is extremely important. That being said, orders from the 1st of March to the 5th of March will leave starting this next monday. You will get receive tracking number by email.

Please note that, as of now, we are the only company shipping these adapters, we are working very hard to please everyone.

Thank you for trusting us.
They are good on their word; mine shipped earlier this week via UPS; remember it has to go through customs, so there is a bit more of a delay. I should have mine in hand mid next week

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER 511a
I have the update that says my truck is ready to for Tesla Superchargers and I was looking in the nav system for Tesla chargers and it can’t find any, even though I live pretty close to one. Typing in Tesla doesn’t work either.

Anyone know if there is going to be a different update for that? Not being able to precondition the battery for charging will make charging in colder temps pretty annoying…

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have the update that says my truck is ready to for Tesla Superchargers and I was looking in the nav system for Tesla chargers and it can’t find any, even though I live pretty close to one. Typing in Tesla doesn’t work either.

Anyone know if there is going to be a different update for that? Not being able to precondition the battery for charging will make charging in colder temps pretty annoying…
You need to use the "Charge Assist" app from the home screen.

Later the Ford NAV screen's list of chargers will be updated, when I have no information....

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You need to use the "Charge Assist" app from the home screen.

Later the Ford NAV screen's list of chargers will be updated, when I have no information....
Interesting. You can’t use Charge Assist while driving though... So would you have to start navigation to a tesla charger while you’re parked in order to get preconditioning to work?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Interesting. You can’t use Charge Assist while driving though... So would you have to start navigation to a tesla charger while you’re parked in order to get preconditioning to work?
It's been mentioned by a few users recently that battery conditioning is not working at the moment, even with DCFC stations listed in Ford Nav, hopefully that is resolved around the time they bring the list of Tesla DCFC stations we can use into NAV.

starrtech2000

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's been mentioned by a few users recently that battery conditioning is not working at the moment, even with DCFC stations listed in Ford Nav, hopefully that is resolved around the time they bring the list of Tesla DCFC stations we can use into NAV.
Ugh, just another reminder of how horrendous Ford is at software…

sparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
FWIW, I was able to charge this morning at a recently installed Tesla Supercharger location at ~170kW without any preconditioning.

I was pretty stoked that this location had towers both in front and in back of various parking spots.

Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1000014372
Ford F-150 Lightning NACS Adapter Now Available + Ford EV Owners Can Now Charge on Tesla Superchargers in U.S., Canada! 🙌 1000014378

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I was pretty stoked that this location had towers both in front and in back of various parking spots.

1000014372.jpg
Neat, looks like the setup for Teslas here is to pull in and charge instead of backing in. Since you had taken the native charger where the red Tesla parked, they just partially backed in and used the one next to you.

You could have pulled in partially and taken the native charger for that spot but that would have left you hanging out quite a bit. We'll all figure it out.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
In Kyle's video on Rivian getting SC access, he tells about his experience charging the Lightning in "non-native spots" at the SC stations. I have bookmarked the video at 11:50

Last edited:

sparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
You could have pulled in partially and taken the native charger for that spot but that would have left you hanging out quite a bit. We'll all figure it out.
The Tesla actually parked like that first. 🤷‍♂️ I guess some people are so used to backing it up they can't imagine another way to plug it in. 😅

If they weren't already there, I would have chosen a different orientation in a different space.

Either way, definitely a bit of spatial awareness required until extension cables are available.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
From day one, Charge Assist has not enabled preconditioning. I used it in October on my Mach-E and verified this.

Correct. On my 5,336 mile trip, truck did not precondition once despite very attempt I made. Navigating to a charger, symbol shown, nada.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Ordered my adapter March 5th, so excited it'll get to me before the end of April when I move across the country. Access to Tesla will make that a lot easier. The Ford adapter will have to catch up to me down the road.

As for parking orientation, I can't be the only who's had to flip the truck around after pulling into an EA station lol.

hwangsome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT ER
@rtshinn I was able to get unblocked & order. Its a very wacky situation you can check yourself to see if you faced what I had. Here are the steps:

1. go the the normal ford.com, connected services page for your vehicle and click the reserve adapter. at that point open chrome developer tools (the network area) and go through the process to confirm your information. when you hit reserve look in the network logs for a red 'post' failure. it should be a 400 failure.
2. check the payload of that post failure. it should have all your personal information and one piece of data NOT in the reserve form, email address. validate the information matches your email that you login to the fordpass app (and my account).

IF its different, which was my case, let me know and i'll notate what I had to do to basically reset that data point.
I am having issues where there is no NACS adapter tab when I go to connected services. I do see I am getting two failures. Unfortunately I don't know enough about computers to know what's happening or what is the issue.

First failure:
www.globalaccountaem.ford.comundefined/:1
GET https://www.globalaccountaem.ford.comundefined/ net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Second failure:
GET https://www.ford.com/myaccount/null 404 (Not Found)

Unsure if this is what you were talking about but would appreciate if you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I'm looking to call Ford during lunch anyway but was curious if there was a simple fix.
Sponsored