• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 132 kwh
Is it possible someone else has used that VIN? My son and I are on the title of our PRO. When I was in the rush to request the adapter, I asked my son to help on his laptop. I got thru first, and he did just later, and he got the OPPS message.
Interesting thought.
I bought mine used through the Reacquired Vehicle program from a dealer in Charlotte NC
Sponsored

OP
OP

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Are you trying with the main account in FordPass that the vin was first added to? I saw issues that a secondary account wasnā€™t able to reserve the adapter but the main one was.

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
Interesting thought.
I bought mine used through the Reacquired Vehicle program from a dealer in Charlotte NC
That's an interesting possibility on your situation. I will say on mine both my MME & Lightning were new and I face the issue. I might be onto something looking at the dev tools that I cannot explain. specifically, my post request to the orders API fails with a 400 and in the payload it has most of my information correct BUT the email being passed is not correct. I'm not sure where its pulling this from so I need to do some digging.

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@rtshinn I was able to get unblocked & order. Its a very wacky situation you can check yourself to see if you faced what I had. Here are the steps:

1. go the the normal ford.com, connected services page for your vehicle and click the reserve adapter. at that point open chrome developer tools (the network area) and go through the process to confirm your information. when you hit reserve look in the network logs for a red 'post' failure. it should be a 400 failure.
2. check the payload of that post failure. it should have all your personal information and one piece of data NOT in the reserve form, email address. validate the information matches your email that you login to the fordpass app (and my account).

IF its different, which was my case, let me know and i'll notate what I had to do to basically reset that data point.

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I can't get to the connected services page at all. It throws the error

@rtshinn I was able to get unblocked & order. Its a very wacky situation you can check yourself to see if you faced what I had. Here are the steps:

1. go the the normal ford.com, connected services page for your vehicle and click the reserve adapter. at that point open chrome developer tools (the network area) and go through the process to confirm your information. when you hit reserve look in the network logs for a red 'post' failure. it should be a 400 failure.
2. check the payload of that post failure. it should have all your personal information and one piece of data NOT in the reserve form, email address. validate the information matches your email that you login to the fordpass app (and my account).

IF its different, which was my case, let me know and i'll notate what I had to do to basically reset that data point.
Ok, things to remember:
1. I cannot get into Connected Services at all
2. I'm not yet registered in the Blue Oval Network, which is what I'm trying to do before I can get the adapter

Here's what I tried:
https://www.ford.com/support/vehicle-dashboard/?gnav=header-account
Account info shows up
Didn't see anything red/flagged in Developer tools

Clicked Connected Services Box on far right. Connected services screen starts up, then fails with following message:
Oops
We're sorry, an error has occurred processing your request. Please try again.
Questions? Contact us, we can help.
Got it, thanks!

Last edited:

Sponsored

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Ok, things to remember:
2. I'm not yet registered in the Blue Oval Network, which is what I'm trying to do before I can get the adapter

Here's what I tried:
Account info shows up

Clicked Connected Services Box on far right. Connected services screen starts up, then fails with following message:
Oops
Got it, thanks!

Not sure if I'm doing it right, but I didn't see any way to get to the info w/out logging in first
... edit...
Wait a sec, trying to find the 'payload' info in the script. Ok, don't see much of anything
Unfortunately this looks like a different issue than I resolved today. Wish I was of more help.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance

Ok, things to remember:

Here's what I tried:
Account info shows up

Oops
Got it, thanks!

Iā€™m having the exact same problem. But, in my case, I believe itā€™s because I havenā€™t taken delivery of my truck yet from the dealer. I mention this because it leads me to believe your issue is due to the possibility, as described in that earlier post, that your VIN may not yet be assigned to you in whatever Ford system tracks such things.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Iā€™m having the exact same problem. But, in my case, I believe itā€™s because I havenā€™t taken delivery of my truck yet from the dealer. I mention this because it leads me to believe your issue is due to the possibility, as described in that earlier post, that your VIN may not yet be assigned to you in whatever Ford system tracks such things.
You have to be in the car to link it in FordPass so yeah, I think you have to wait until your in it.

Ray R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Flash, Model Y Performance
You have to be in the car to link it in FordPass so yeah, I think you have to wait until your in it.
I used the VIN, and itā€™s listing the truck in the app. But youā€™re right, I wonā€™t be able to use any of the remote controls until I link it at the dealership.
I was hoping I could order the adapter before the truck got here. No such luck. Itā€™ll probably be 2025 before they get to my reservation once Iā€™m actually able to order it, so I guess Iā€™ll just order the A2Z unit.

rtshinn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think everything else works as it should. I can remote start, see state of charge etc from the Ford Pass app.

Sponsored

OtterJohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
For those with the A2Z adapter, is this the one in question?
https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1?variant=43186507579592

Do you feel it's worthwhile? My order from Ford is targeted for May, but we have some weekend trips planned that would be well-suited to using the Tesla network if it's an option. I'm trying to decide if I should just be patient and wait (I'm fine using the Tesla app to pay) or if the A2Z would be worthwhile...

jimallen

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER; 2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Retired

Do you feel it's worthwhile? My order from Ford is targeted for May, but we have some weekend trips planned that would be well-suited to using the Tesla network if it's an option. I'm trying to decide if I should just be patient and wait (I'm fine using the Tesla app to pay) or if the A2Z would be worthwhile...
That is the adapter. It depends on how much $200 means to you. If you want to use Superchargers before (end of) May, this is a good option.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
That's the one. "Worthwhile" is up to you - if it will improve your trips, and give you more time to do the things you are traveling for, then sure.

I have some minor charging deserts in areas that I frequent, and my schedule can be unpredictable between work and home stuff - so I am not always as charged as I want to be when I -sometimes unexpectedly - have to go somewhere. So for me it will likely be helpful (but so far has just been one test charge).

I don't think I am going to mind having two, but I imagine there will be some kind of resale market for these as more EV brands join the network.

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
That is the adapter. It depends on how much $200 means to you. If you want to use Superchargers before (end of) May, this is a good option.
Even though Iā€˜m on the list for the official Ford adapter (June delivery) I went ahead and ordered the A2Z adapter for two reasons:
I plan on taking some long trips before June so Iā€™ll have the opportunity to use Tesla if I need to. I also think having a spare may be handy for the second reason. While I have a lot of faith in my fellow man, I donā€™t want to be at a restaurant having dinner while my Lightning is on a Tesla charger and some idiot steals my adapter. Will it happen? Who knows but Iā€™ve seen enough videos of people keying Teslas and other EVs and cutting cables to know I wouldnā€™t put it past one off these A** Hats to walk off with my Ford adapter. And there Iā€™d be without a backup.

If Iā€™m sitting in my truck Iā€™ll use the Ford Adapter, if Iā€™m out of sight of the truck, Iā€™ll probably use my A2Z.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I don't think I am going to mind having two, but I imagine there will be some kind of resale market for these as more EV brands join the network.
My guess is other brands will have the exact same ordering and delay process. Once you get your free adapter, I bet you can easily get $150 for an A2Z on ebay. That's only a $50 premium to have it for the duration of the wait.
Sponsored