• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New tonneau bed cover installed, range has increased

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
if we're this sensitive to marginal increases/decreases in aero I think its a fair assessment that the lightning needs more range... :ROFLMAO:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
if we're this sensitive to marginal increases/decreases in aero I think its a fair assessment that the lightning needs more range... :ROFLMAO:
I’m going to lose 50 lbs and come back with range results before and after:ROFLMAO:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Nah, 500kw charging. :)

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I suppose all this 'concern' is about the AERO effects of the tailgate on a truck, since that's the only part of the bed that would have any impact on the overall MPG or MPGe of a vehicle - so, why not test the truck WITHOUT the tailgate, first.
The trucking industry has been dealing with AERO effects since the dawn of time. They don't always get it right, either, and many companies who are guaranteed that the aero package will effect their truck's MPG, still don't invest in that 'technology'... sometimes the effects are too minor, or the cost of the Aero package takes too long to overcome - not to mention that this really ONLY impacts the truck when it's at full speed - hardly to do with anything other than that.
I'll bet that most Lightning miles are less than 40mph, on average, over the life of the truck.

Also, the truck already has a included 'Automatic Aero Dam deployment' at the front valance, if you care to look into that, as well.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
With my tonneau cover open:
81296991-526D-474C-A531-377E17A58B48.jpeg

with it closed:
69A959D5-2A84-4A9F-AC73-755B1D938A82.jpeg

Just some anecdotal observations from driving in the real world. I have a tonneau cover for storage protection. I don’t think there’s anything I could do to my Lightning that would significantly increase its range. I’m enjoying it for what it is! It’ll be even better when everyone here gets theirs. It is worth the wait and the disappointments or let downs of ordering, production and delivery.
This is meaningless. Actually, more than meaningless.

Why?

Ford's EV driving data is known to be faulty. F-150Ls cannot get 5.4m/kWh unless they went downhill the entire 27.9 miles...

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
🥱 no, you just felt the need to be obnoxious. But hey, that’s how social media works.
Show me anything obnoxious in anything I said. Just participating in a conversation. You lowered the conversation to disagreeable pal.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
This is meaningless. Actually, more than meaningless.

Why?

Ford's EV driving data is known to be faulty. F-150Ls cannot get 5.4m/kWh unless they went downhill the entire 27.9 miles...
Apparently the only thing you wanted to look at is the images I posted. I clearly state I don’t think there is anything I could do to my truck to significantly increase the mileage. I have a tonneau cover for protecting my cargo in the bed. It’s just as meaningless as arguing over increase/decrease in mileage because of a tonneau cover. Why? Exactly.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Apparently the only thing you wanted to look at is the images I posted. I clearly state I don’t think there is anything I could do to my truck to significantly increase the mileage. I have a tonneau cover for protecting my cargo in the bed. It’s just as meaningless as arguing over increase/decrease in mileage because of a tonneau cover. Why? Exactly.
I was simply pointing out that Ford's EV driving data is not of value.

Here's one of many screenshots from a Mach-E.

Ford F-150 Lightning New tonneau bed cover installed, range has increased driving data

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad
I was simply pointing out that Ford's EV driving data is not of value.

Here's one of many screenshots from a Mach-E.

driving data.png
Yes, in an earlier post on the thread, I posted I had 101mi/kWh. Very obvious it isn’t accurate.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, in an earlier post on the thread, I posted I had 101mi/kWh. Very obvious it isn’t accurate.
So at 127.3 mi/kWh, the Mach-E has higher efficiency than the F-150L.... ;)

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
dad