• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
If Ford can show the LVB % SOC online on our Ford account dashboards, why can't they figure out a way to show it in the FordPass app, @Ford Motor Company? I think that would be a feature most users would value, and Ford is already collecting the telemetry for that, but doesn't let us see that information on our truck Sync screens.... Why not in the FordPass app?!!
Sponsored

JoshF150

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 xlt 2023
@Ford Motor Company why can’t I control climate on my 23 XLT standard range? I can turn it on and extend time but can’t change temp settings like others can

Larryumo

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Or, you know, you could just simply not remove features that were present when people purchased their vehicles. It's an extremely slimy move from any company, and one of the prime reasons that I ditched my Tesla. It's something we are all coming to get used to, in the modern era of connected anything. But that doesn't make it morally right. If I purchase something from you I expect that it will have all the same functionality it had at time of purchase for the entire time I own it. I'm certainly okay with you adding more features, but I'm never okay with you removing a feature that I previously had. There's a legal term called bait and switch.
Ford might know what percentage of people use each feature, but they don't know who chose to buy the truck based on which features.
Clearly, you've never programmed (coded)!

Green1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Paramedic
Clearly, you've never programmed (coded)!
I have, and that's also completely irrelevant. When the marketing department sells something, the rest of the company is moraly, and often legally, obligated to follow through on it. Doesn't matter what it takes to do that. Saying it's too inconvenient, isn't a way of getting out of your obligations.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@Ford Motor Company

Vehicle > Location [Button action is non reactive] currently not moving to the map view

Energy > Public Charging [Button action is non reactive] currently not pulling up the public charging display

Bug report sent via the Android Play Store reviews & reports.
I've been able to get the Location & Public Charging buttons to work after clearing the cache and force stopping the app.

These buttons will work for for a couple of hit's, then resume non-responsiveness.

Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know 1716647715932-6m
Ford F-150 Lightning Newly Designed: FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know 1716647733441-kx

Sponsored

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
What does this slider do? I plugged in outside my normal charging hours and hit Start, it then says Charging to 100%, but now this slider is here, but you cant seem to affect the %100..not even if you hit stop, then start..

It will charge to my set 85% during normal scheduled time still, but slider seems useless here.
Also Location button not working for me either.

Screenshot_20240524_174459_FordPass.jpg
The slider allows you to change the charge level on the fly. The old “charge to 100%” button was more convenient as it was a 1 time thing that I needed to do once every 2 or 3 weeks. This works, but it is “sticky” and stays there until I remember to go back in and lower it to my regular 85% level.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Yes that would be what I thought it would do, but it does nothing in reality on Android. Vehicle will charge right past slider set point. Press start amd it says charging to 100, hit slider to 85 and vehicle goes past everytime.
Does nothing.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
And slider is not sticky, goes back to %100 if you exit page and come back.
Again, Android.

2sleep

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue, 2008 Prius
Occupation
Retired
Some have said there is a way to go back to the old app. How would one do that?

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
The new app is missing many features from the old app that I found useful, especially trip planning. I reverted back to the original version which I find better. Also, hopefully you’re not going to google maps only for navigation?
I found it severely lacking especially compared to ABRP

Sponsored

Phineas Magliozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT, optionless.
When I hit the "Energy" button I get a message that says "Energy Features Disabled - To enable turn on Driving Data...". I turned on Driving Data in the vehicle, rebooted the phone (app), turned the vehicle on and off a few times, waited an hour, still doesn't work. Thoughts?

Acottrell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Iced Blue ER
Warranty info that was under “service” is now gone. Not critical but was nice to have.
Sponsored