• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Non-EV vehicles taking up EV chargers

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Bronco
Occupation
Internet Manager at Long McArthur Ford

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
OP
OP

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Many (most?) states have no laws against ICEing a charger. The guy is just looking for attention. Or wasted a few bucks.
I guess he is at a college and the parking pass is $250 a year but if he has an EV you can park there for free. He hasn't gotten caught yet according to the post.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I guess he is at a college and the parking pass is $250 a year but if he has an EV you can park there for free. He hasn't gotten caught yet according to the post.
That makes the cheese a bit more binding!
The whole setup seems wrong. The chargers should be for people who would otherwise use the lot.

Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I hate that people are so willing to antagonize each other for their choice of vehicle. I was working out of Little Rock and they had spots for EVs, which as a side note I don't like special spots outside of handicapped, and there was a big F250 consistently taking up a spot. I told myself maybe he was a veteran (we were on base) and he was trying to be closer due to disabilities, although he had no disabled plates.

It just seems so antagonistic to block spots, and you know if you confront them about it, it won't be a civil conversation. They're looking for the negative attention. Would be awfully nice if folks could live their lives and just be respectful to their fellow citizens but I guess I'm too much of an optimist!

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I think the facebook post is really just saying that he doesn't have to pay the parking fee since he now has this 'ev port'.... NOT that he is sitting at EV chargers all day at school. He didn't state that the school 'only' allows free parking for EVs at chargers... By the way, there ARE Jeep Wrangler PHEVs... so, this 'look' for a Wrangler is not unique.

brtnstrns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tacoma; 2022 Polestar 2 LRDM
**Drilling four useless holes that will probably cause rust issues into your tens-of-thousands-of-dollars property to own the EV-ers**

"Brilliant!" - people on facebook

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
As a EV owner since 2014 the struggle is very real and has gotten worse, especially for Teslas parking in EV charging spots for hours and not charging, which causes other EVs to park nearby to stretch the cable to the non EV spot and then when the Tesla leaves, the EV charging spot is open but the cord is going to the nearby spot. It is very frustrating and we have put notes on windshields and even asked repeat offenders to give them a citation which they say they cannot do. The selfishness of some people is amazing, especially when so many low range cars need to use the chargers to get home. The charging use to be free (paid by store or ad revenue) and now they have switched to a pay only model to reduce some of the people that will park all day but it doesn't help the ones that use the spot for parking. One guy has a golf cart that can't even use the charger and some people got so mad, they physically moved it out of the spot and some places have called tow trucks. If there were so many bad actors, they would install more free charges since it is really just an outlet but they are going with the much more expensive charging stations that take credit card or account information which make it more likely to not work due to a software problem. I like the solution many European countries have where the EV supplies the cable that plugs into a charger. Some are free but some are paid using an App and the stalls clearly say the vehicle needs to be actively charging. They also publicly shame the EV car with the license plate on the PlugShare App but that doesn't help with the rental cars. It is going to get worse :(

OP
OP

FordVideoGuy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
I think the facebook post is really just saying that he doesn't have to pay the parking fee since he now has this 'ev port'.... NOT that he is sitting at EV chargers all day at school. He didn't state that the school 'only' allows free parking for EVs at chargers... By the way, there ARE Jeep Wrangler PHEVs... so, this 'look' for a Wrangler is not unique.
But he is parked at a charger and plugging the charger in his fake plug.

Sponsored

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
This fake plug is another example of the bad behavior that free charging breeds. While obviously this kid isnā€™t paying for charging it seems to me that people just act selfishly wherever free charging is offered.

This kid is just taking advantage of the system at the expense of EV owners

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It seems that this Fakebook post is about a pretty old incident and the guy got caught and itā€™s over & done with. Donā€™t get too worked up. šŸ˜‚

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
This is childish behavior 100%, but also "EV vehicle", bruh, I hate to nitpick, but damn that's right up there with ATM machine.

thorndike

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum