• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

One pedal driving

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
1-pedal is a great feature and it appears if most use it and get used to it, most stay with it. I'm betting most get used to it in just a few stops and goes. I'm also betting close to 90% use it exclusively. Has anyone else ever thought that when in cruise control and 1-pedal mode when you are going down a hill, you can feel the Lightning let up more to stay at the set speed than when you are in 2-pedal mode? It seems I have felt this on several occasions and lately have just put it in 2-pedal mode when on cruise control. I also initially thought 1-pedal was not as efficient at highway speeds, but it's so hard to tell with outside temperature changes along with wind speeds.

jrbessette

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
One pedal is the way to go, I love it. Except when its snowy or icy, they really need a snow mode with less regen, the one pedal lift off skid is terrifying to a seasoned snow belt driver. A little regen would probably be ok, but the way it is now the front end slides around a little too much and a little too unpredictably for my liking.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I use 2 pedal mode exclusively. I prefer to have one pedal for accelerating, foot off for coasting, and another pedal for slowing. All three can be achieved with 1PD and precise control over your foot. I'm just not a fan of finding and holding that sweet spot to coast.

The people who say that 1PD saves brakes in the Lightning are wrong. Ford uses a blended braking system in 2PD (and 1PD) that first uses the motor's regen to slow the car when you begin to press the brakes. It only engages the mechanical brakes when you attempt to slow at a rate greater than the motors can achieve or when you drop below 5mph.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Does anyone use this way of driving ? About a year ago I took a MachE for a test ride , just to try it , they had it in One peddle driving , I really didn't like it but I guess you could get use to it !
I've had my Lightning for 11 months now and I do NOT use one-pedal. 1. It feels wrong. 2. I don't see a benefit.

Sponsored

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
As temps warm, range increases, nothing to do with drive modes...
Ford F-150 Lightning One pedal driving when-blazin

Temps in NJ are in the 50-60's in the morning, still stuck at 1.8 driving on the Garden State Parkway. Have tried keeping it at 65 mph for the commute instead of the usual 70-80 mph. No difference.
On a 37 mph commute, usually lose about 50 miles of range. No heat or AC used. Does pre-conditioning matter at these Spring temperatures when no heat or AC is being used?

Thanks.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
73 is the ideal temp.

Set a departure time plugged into 240v and see how you do.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
I've had my Lightning for 11 months now and I do NOT use one-pedal. 1. It feels wrong. 2. I don't see a benefit.
Have had mine for 6 months but agree on both points. I could also envision myself reaching into the back seat to help one of my kids with something and the truck rolling into whatever is in front of me. A no go for me.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
A poll would be nice to add to this thread.

I've had my Lightning for a little over 5 months and used 1 pedal driving since I bought it. Never used it before the lightning but I got used to it very quick.

After a recent OTA update 1 pedal became disabled and it took me a while to figure out how to drive it again. I re-enabled it as soon as I could.

james_carey

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Does anyone use this way of driving ? About a year ago I took a MachE for a test ride , just to try it , they had it in One peddle driving , I really didn't like it but I guess you could get use to it !
I use one pedal exclusively— even when towing my 25’ Airstream. I agree with others that regenerative braking can improve range and relying less on brakes can extend pad life.

Sponsored

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
1 pedal...

Use whatever mode you like, efficiency is the same. Some have issues driving an ICE vehicle after long 1 pedal stints.
When you suddenly realize your not slowing down that quickly when you let off the gas you might quickly remember :)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
When you suddenly realize your not slowing down that quickly when you let off the gas you might quickly remember :)
I have read at least 3 examples of where drivers hit something, went through garage wall, etc. because they forgot about a brake pedal existing...

OP
OP
ALAN BORER

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
One pedal is the way to go, I love it. Except when its snowy or icy, they really need a snow mode with less regen, the one pedal lift off skid is terrifying to a seasoned snow belt driver. A little regen would probably be ok, but the way it is now the front end slides around a little too much and a little too unpredictably for my liking.
THANK YOU
Sponsored