• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OTA updates keep deleting data

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
it seems the last several OTA updates have the nasty habit of deleting data. Most recently, it has only been profile presets, but my lightning has lost my trailer info multiple times, PaaK associations, and even seat location presets after an OTA update.

Ford had better get this in check. Of late, when a new update is posted as installed in the Ford pass app, I am afraid to go to my truck find what they broke/deleted this time.

REAL release notes would be nice too. Knowing what they have in mind with an update absolutely changes if we are interested in the update.

For example, I would much rather have my trailer towing history and profile presets than 'Bridge Battle'.

As for bridge battle, I thought Farley said he was in the business of building real trucks. REAL trucks don't include video games at all, let alone at the cost of functional data.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
1) Updates are across multiple vehicles. Many different people drive these vehicles. Some watch Youtube videos while charging. Some go for a walk. Some eat at every stop. Some play video games. I don't play video games, but I also don't want Ford to spend 10 seconds modifying updates based on someone's preferences as it pertains to this.

2) Try WAITING. Wait 24 hours. Use the truck. Then, if things are still missing, do a Sync reboot (hold volume down and right seek). Then, see if it's still missing.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I thought it was deleting info too. However, what I found was that it was just change the profile to a default profile and once I put mine back, all was good.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'll second the wait suggestion, I had the charging bug after an update that made it go past my target. I did nothing and by the next day it started working again. Not sure why it takes so long to fully recover but that's what we have.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
....And quite often it only takes one or two key cycles to completely restore whatever "disappeared" or was disrupted by the OTA.

Sponsored

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I didn't know my truck had games...

I'm kind of excited to try them out now.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I didn't know my truck had games...

I'm kind of excited to try them out now.
Bridge Battle was not good in my opinion. My 5yr old likes the jigsaw puzzle and my 8yr old enjoys the car game and the tile one. Both prefer youtube over the games while charging.