• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Phone as a Key issue

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I don't think that is right. I believe you should have got 2.
The only folks that were limited to one key fob, were early (before June 2021) of MME. Ford finally threw in the towel on this and we are going to get a second fob or a refund for those who already purchased it. If you only got one key with your Lightning, your dealer has the second.
Sponsored

GrokTime

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyotas + incoming F150 Lightning
The option to set up Phone as a Key in my Ford Pass app just showed up tonight! My blend date was 7/28 and I received the truck just over 2 weeks ago. It was not available until now.

IH905

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Lincoln Nav, Lightning Platinum-On order
Occupation
Business Owner
The option to set up Phone as a Key in my Ford Pass app just showed up tonight! My blend date was 7/28 and I received the truck just over 2 weeks ago. It was not available until now.
Same for me!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Drillerr

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ram Limited
My build date was 8/10 and it was delivered 8/25. The update was installed today 9/7 and included PAAK after I force closed and restarted the FordPass app on an iPhone. I have not received any prior updates before this one.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I have a XLT, so no PAAK here. The update also installed today, it said "this update will allow for future updates." For non-PAAKers, it seems to have been a non-update.
Updated list BW 7/25 and later excluding Pro & XLT which are delivered so far
Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue 1662608916884

Davey B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
PAAK was available when I picked up my truck on 8/31. Blend date was 7/27. I just enabled it today!

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
I don't have Blend or Build date, but my 'delivery' date to the dealer was 7/4, and I do NOT have PAAK, even with 3.5.2.

Sponsored

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L PRO, VW ID.4
7/25 Build Week, Received 8/22. PRO.
Just got the OTA notification for 3.5.2 on FordPass this afternoon.
No PAAK before update, No PAAK after update.
@TaxmanHog thanks for pinging for a response, are we sure the PRO model has phone as key?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I seem to recall that Ford said the trucks delivered with PaaK were only going to get one fob. I could be 'misremembering'.

I got the 3.1 to 3.5.2 jump last night and no PaaK available on the app. Restarted phone and app, logged out and back in, sat in the truck with a fob and no love from PaaK yet.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I seem to recall that Ford said the trucks delivered with PaaK were only going to get one fob. I could be 'misremembering'.

I got the 3.1 to 3.5.2 jump last night and no PaaK available on the app. Restarted phone and app, logged out and back in, sat in the truck with a fob and no love from PaaK yet.
Ford tried that with the Mach-e but gave up because of all of the reliability issues with PAAK. Everyone after ~July 2021 got 2 fobs and everyone who took delivery before that can get a second fob if they request one.

Given the issues with the Mach-e, I have no plans to ever rely on or trust PAAK. We have never used it with our Mach-e either.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
7/25 Build Week, Received 8/22. PRO.
Just got the OTA notification for 3.5.2 on FordPass this afternoon.
No PAAK before update, No PAAK after update.
@TaxmanHog thanks for pinging for a response, are we sure the PRO model has phone as key?
It's only available in the Lariat and Platinum for MY2022.

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone as a Key issue download

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I wonder if there are extra chips to enable PAAK or if this is purely a software enabled feature? I would certainly pay $500 to enable the feature if I was given the option.

It will be interesting to see what kind of hacks people do to the Lightning. In a Model 3 people can unlock the Performance specs on a Long Range model via software hack. I am 99% sure it voids your warranty, so most people are reluctant to do it until after their warranty period ended. I'm curious if the same applies here and what could be unlocked with software modification.
Sponsored