• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Post Storm, Lighting is keeping things going

astolleis

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Atlas Blue Lighting
Picture it Dallas Texas Fall Storm, rain, not ford lighting, and strong winds. 11:30pm a huge pecan falls and takes out all the power for my block. 6am, I get into the garage, get 'Blue' all setup for ProPower. Power cords run to fridge and of course the cable modem/tV. I've used about 5% of my battery so far today and I've been super impressed. My house is going without the ultra-fancy whole house backup system.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Keep in mind you will lose cable / internet when the electricity feeds to the system run out. As well as landlines if any.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
This is absolutely my plan vs the ridiculous cost of the HIS setup. Run some extension cables to power the fridge, freezer, some lights and a single room AC or heater, then maybe some small electronics.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I had my electric panel upgraded a couple of weeks ago. I ran 2 full-size refrigerators, 1 full-size freezer, my internet modem, my 49" 4k TV, my computer, a computer monitor, my coffee maker (of course), and a toaster oven. All but the coffee maker and toaster were running for 7.5 hours and took 3% of the SOC. Wow, the truck is a powerhouse! Extension cords for me since I have very few power outages. In the winter, I'll be able to run my furnace as well.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
This will be my first year with a Lightning backing up my house. I plan on just running extension cords. I am confused about how to run the bed outlets over long periods of time, say overnight. Could someone give me actual steps (on the center screen) you take when you set this up. Will it run if you turn the truck off? If I have to leave the truck running can I lock the truck? Will it time out after a couple of hours? Does Ford Pass have any communication with the generator?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Will it run if you turn the truck off?

If I have to leave the truck running can I lock the truck?

Will it time out after a couple of hours?

Does Ford Pass have any communication with the generator?
No

Yes

Yes/No, When you start PPOB the shut down timer is disabled, the truck will run until the minimum reserve mileage setting is reached, you can reenable the 30 minute shutdown timer if that's useful for short term running.

Yes, basic information about load on the frunk & bed outlets:

Go to the Vehicle tab in the app:
Ford F-150 Lightning Post Storm, Lighting is keeping things going 1695764113496

Main display as shown with truck "running" and the Pro Power turned on in the truck Sync console, switch on bed or frunk outlet groups as the needs might require, assuming all are on this is what you will see in the app:

Ford F-150 Lightning Post Storm, Lighting is keeping things going 1695764223279

Clicking the settings icon in the upper right corner, informs you of the reserve settings you selected.

Ford F-150 Lightning Post Storm, Lighting is keeping things going 1695764302510

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
OMG this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, thank you, thank you,! Im so disgusted with the manual. It says nothing about this. Very few screen shots almost as if they were charged extra for the graphics. It should be much more visual for something this complex.

My FordPass App only shows the front circuit. No bed circuit 1 or bed circuit 2. I have used them before to run power tools. Maybe I have to turn them on or open the cover to have the app sense them.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
OMG this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you, thank you, thank you,! Im so disgusted with the manual. It says nothing about this. Very few screen shots almost as if they were charged extra for the graphics. It should be much more visual for something this complex.

My FordPass App only shows the front circuit. No bed circuit 1 or bed circuit 2. I have used them before to run power tools. Maybe I have to turn them on or open the cover to have the app sense them.
Turn on the circuit from the Sync touch screen, then refresh the app.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Worked, thanks again!

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
To anyone: Are the lights on the back of the cab above the sliding rear window suppose to always be on? Can't seem to turn them off. They do go off when the truck powers down. Maybe some type of daytime running lamp? Pretty sure the red is my third brake light.

Ford F-150 Lightning Post Storm, Lighting is keeping things going IMG_0150

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
To anyone: Are the lights on the back of the cab above the sliding rear window suppose to always be on? Can't seem to turn them off. They do go off when the truck powers down. Maybe some type of daytime running lamp? Pretty sure the red is my third brake light.

IMG_0150.jpeg
Go into the ZONE LIGHTING tile on Ford Pass or in the truck, toggle the power button see if that resolves the issue.

Ford F-150 Lightning Post Storm, Lighting is keeping things going 1695778669526

Last edited:

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Doesn't seem to affect it. Can I change the 30 minute shutdown timer? That would be a real PIA if IU have to go out and reset this every half hr.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

IMG_0150.jpeg
Your bed lights are on. They are turned on and off by the button to the left of the headlight switch.

Ford F-150 Lightning Post Storm, Lighting is keeping things going 20230926_213958

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired