• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
If you’re referring to the 12V battery SoC, you can see it in your Ford account at Ford.com.

IMG_0746.jpeg
Yeah, I also have access to the info through the FordPass Integration into Home Assistant, which I've been watching before starting an update (all >75%, but still fails).

I was specifically wondering how others can look up this 12V Battery SoC information with a VIN that they don't own.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yeah, I also have access to the info through the FordPass Integration into Home Assistant, which I've been watching before starting an update (all >75%, but still fails).

I was specifically wondering how others can look up this 12V Battery SoC information with a VIN that they don't own.
PTS is a website for Ford dealer service employees that allows them to see many things including the OTA dashboard of a vehicle. The dashboard shows recent OTA history details including reasons why an OTA failed. If the OTA failed due to low SOC, it will tell you. It is unclear what the parameters Ford set as far as SOC requirements go. It will tell you it failed due to low SOC, but not what the required SOC is.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

Gotcha….i missed the specificity of your question.

ziptbm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME GT & '22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Gotcha….i missed the specificity of your question.
My fault, I should have spelled out what I was asking more clearly. :)

@rugedraw and you have access to this system? I would bet almost anything it's due to 12V SoC, despite being relatively high... And it also could be due to weather since it is getting colder in my location.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
My vehicle took 6.5.0 OTA with no issues on the 8th, but has now made 15 attempts of 6.8.0 with no success. What’s interesting compared to last OTA failures is that I have yet to receive a push notification on my phone about the failures for this OTA update. I start it, do the magic OTA dance in front of the truck - turn off lights, turn on parking break, lock doors, change my fordpass app to my other vehicle, but then wait to check it a few hours later in the vehicle to find it was “interrupted.” No alerts on my phone or in FordPass other than the notice that an install has been scheduled for my update time.
Same thing here (only at 4 failures). I put it on a 12v charger Tuesday night and no dice. Last night I plugged in HV charger and no dice. Yesterday while running errands I checked 12v SOC with the OBD2 viewer and was at 87%, so I kicked off while shopping. Failed.

I like the failure message coming through account notifications instead. Was a nice log of failures. But I imagine many complained to Ford about those notifications coming every night. I once had 25 in a row! Now I just see a generic vehicle alert that an update failed with a date but no time. If I go to the page Rick mentions it just shows schedule and last successful update on the 8th. Nothing about any failures. I usually get the success message pretty quick, so if that doesn’t come the assumption now will be it failed.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
If you’re referring to the 12V battery SoC, you can see it in your Ford account at Ford.com.

IMG_0746.jpeg
How are you getting to this readout????
desktop or mobile device web browser?
URL to this specific page.

I've been digging through all the screens on FORD.COM but can't find this version

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
I’ve never had any issues downloading software to my truck until 6.8. I’ve charged battery my as recommended by rufedraw ( he let me know my lvb was too low to update). It still didn’t work. Any other tips?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog After you log in on fords site go to your account page, not the vehicle dashboard.
This is what a readout for 2022 Lightning looks like in my laptop web browser, and the same in a mobile device web browser.
Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up OTA 6.8.0 - Smart Changes: Center Screen 1702567268653

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

awilli1010

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 lightning, 22 maverick, old ass Harley.
Occupation
Retired Army, retired Government employee.
That sure looks like the level for the HVB, not the 12V...at least, that's what I would have assumed.
Thats what I thought as well. It is different from the Hvb level that is showing on my ford pass app.
Sponsored