• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU0722-DC-CHG3

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Recieved this update on the 8th. Thought it was an old one I'd finally recieved but this seems new as I receieved it after updating everything else with FDRS. Looks like the Mach-E recently got it. I haven't Fast Charged since receiving it so I can't comment on what this does.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0722-DC-CHG3 Screenshot_20231210_150317_FordPass
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I noticed this is a [23] version of what is discussed in an older thread:
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/priority-update-22-pu0722-dc-chg3.16534/

I've locked that thread to move active conversation on this variant, if by chance folks are still getting the [22] version let us know here, I could reopen that thread if needed.
I noticed that as well. The 22/23 refers to the year it was released. In the thread that tracks the Mach-E updates...this was one of the more recent ones.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I really hope that Ford one day unlocks 200+ kW charging in this or another update. (If the truck has the wiring to support it) The Lightning really should be able to take advantage of higher charge rates with a relatively large 130 kWh battery.

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Just got this update as well. Was updated to 6.4 yesterday and then received this today

Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Have this scheduled to install tonight. Been getting lots of updates recently which has been great. However, I still don't have the little charge percent on my instrument display. What the hell!

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Have this scheduled to install tonight. Been getting lots of updates recently which has been great. However, I still don't have the little charge percent on my instrument display. What the hell!
Updates are, unfortunately, not always cumulative. So if you miss an update, you might get other updates, but it doesn't reach back to grab what you missed. Honestly as a Software dev, this is a maintenance nightmare as every "update" can't depend on functionality of previous updates already being installed. But it makes the most out of limited bandwidth or metered connections. There really should be a way of saying "when on my wifi, please pull any updates I'm behind on" but Ford will do as Ford does.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I really hope that Ford one day unlocks 200+ kW charging in this or another update. (If the truck has the wiring to support it) The Lightning really should be able to take advantage of higher charge rates with a relatively large 130 kWh battery.
That’s not possible. The highest amperage chargers are limited to 500 amps. The highest battery voltage on our trucks will run about 385, so 385 x 500 = 192.5 KW. A discharged battery will be even lower voltage.
The battery capacity has nothing to do with it.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Or hold the charge to 90% instead of 80%.

I’m personally quite happy with the way the Lightning holds the curve up to 80% it’s less peaky than others. Just wish it would hold it for another 10% or a couple more Amps during that period either one would help quite a bit.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So just installed this update and had a code brown - power was reduced to 56% for the first drive after install. But a power cycle of the truck fixed it thankfully.

Also if you install manually instead of scheduled, it seems locking the doors when I left the truck in the driveway interrupted the install process. The 12 minute install failed a few times this afternoon when I left the countdown screen in the car and locked the doors. Third time I just walked away from the truck after closing the door and the install was successful.

Sponsored

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got this one this afternoon. Similar to other people - got 6.2 about 10 days ago, 6.4 a week ago, and this one today. Seems like the update frequency is starting to ramp up which is good!

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Hello,

anyone having issue setting charge limit after receiving this OTA? I always have mine set to 90% but now it just keep showing target charge 100% even after resetting my charge location and preference.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hello,

anyone having issue setting charge limit after receiving this OTA? I always have mine set to 90% but now it just keep showing target charge 100% even after resetting my charge location and preference.
Delete the charge profile, rebuild a new one from scratch, this has happened in the past on other updates.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Delete the charge profile, rebuild a new one from scratch, this has happened in the past on other updates.
Yes , deleted my charge location and had to replug so it detect the location again and redo the charge profile. But now I see it did stop at 90% charged however the app screen show target charge level 100%.

Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0722-DC-CHG3 IMG_9269

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Yes , deleted my charge location and had to replug so it detect the location again and redo the charge profile. But now I see it did stop at 90% charged however the app screen show target charge level 100%.

IMG_9269.png
Wait a day and see what happens, or try clearing your cache on the Fordpass app (DO NOT DELETE CREDENTIALS) or you screw up your PAAK, then, force stop restart.

Hopefully the next charging event will document correctly, assuming the limitation of 90% took in your rebuild.
Sponsored