• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Priority Update: 23-PU0722-DC-CHG3

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Wait a day and see what happens, or try clearing your cache on the Fordpass app (DO NOT DELETE CREDENTIALS) or you screw up your PAAK, then, force stop restart.

Hopefully the next charging event will document correctly, assuming the limitation of 90% took in your rebuild.
Ok thank you.
Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
anyone having issue setting charge limit after receiving this OTA?
Same happened to me. I got the Improved DC Fast Charging update right after Power Up 6.5, so I'm not sure which update did it, but I'll go along with the Priority Update CHG3 being the culprit. The Waiting to Charge screen on the FordPass Home screen announced the charge target would be 100% SOC, but the Preferred Charging setting SOC was 50%, and that's what charging stopped at. The only thing I did before charging started to try to reset the target charge level was to change the preferred SOC charge level from 50% to 60%, then back again, and each time the FordPass app announced I'd successfully changed my settings, but the Waiting to Charge 100% SOC target never changed. Other odd things: no charging details in the charging report, and my FordPass got THREE notifications simultaneously that charging was complete! 🙄
Ford F-150 Lightning Priority Update: 23-PU0722-DC-CHG3 20231214_081152377_iOS

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Same happened to me. I got the Improved DC Fast Charging update right after Power Up 6.5, so I'm not sure which update did it, but I'll go along with the Priority Update CHG3 being the culprit. The Waiting to Charge screen on the FordPass Home screen announced the charge target would be 100% SOC, but the Preferred Charging setting SOC was 50%, and that's what charging stopped at. The only thing I did before charging started to try to reset the target charge level was to change the preferred SOC charge level from 50% to 60%, then back again, and each time the FordPass app announced I'd successfully changed my settings, but the Waiting to Charge 100% SOC target never changed. Other odd things: no charging details in the charging report, and my FordPass got THREE notifications simultaneously that charging was complete! 🙄
20231214_081152377_iOS.png
So last night I shutdown the ford app and took my dog out for a walk. Came back and check the app again and to my surprised the issue resolve itself. Might be some major display delays.

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
Did the update allow 500amp charging on tesla supercharger?

Last trip when I use the tesla supercharger, it only negotiate 350amp instead of the 500amp on electrify America

So far only electrify america I can get 500amp charging on 350kw station, sad

(I'm on north west New York state using those tesla supercharger that has the ccs1 adapter on the station)

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
So last night I shutdown the ford app and took my dog out for a walk. Came back and check the app again and to my surprised the issue resolve itself. Might be some major display delays.
It's stale cached data, when these changes occur, un plug the truck AFTER building the new profile, wait a good 5-15 minutes for the conditions in Fordpass to age out. Then plug in again, hopefully what you see is an accurate representation of what was programmed earlier.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
20231214_081152377_iOS.png
Leave truck unplugged for 15 minutes after building a new charging profile.

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Leave truck unplugged for 15 minutes after building a new charging profile.
I didn't keep track of when the correct % SOC target came back, but today, I did leave the truck unplugged while cold rebooting my FCSP/HIS unit, and I noticed later that the desired target % SOC (50%) is now back in FordPass without me having to delete and recreate a new charging profile. FordPass is now giving me more realistic estimates of how long it will take to reach the desired SOC, too.

Jajar1124

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 VW Atlas
Anyone get hit with the “high voltage battery warning” after this one like I did?

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This update succeeded for me late in the evening of 12/13/23 as reported by FordPass alerts and my truck Sync screen (but FordPass recorded it as happening on 12/14?!). Today, when I went out to the truck to check for updates, on the Software Updates screen, I had a NOT COMPLETE message as if Ford had tried to reinstall CHG3 again on my truck and failed. I took too much time lovingly trying to frame the best, most parallel screenshot of the failed update notice when the notice suddenly disappeared and an alert that Power Up 6.8 was downloading replaced the failed CHG3 notice.
Sponsored