• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRO Pickup tomorrow. How I am prepared for price protection.

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
Obviously, I have had plenty of time to prepare for this day. I really don't expect a lot of trouble tomorrow however I want to be prepared.
I have emailed my salesman a couple times trying to confirm the price and wanting to work it out before today but that has not happened.

I created this document which I think spells it all out in dealer speak. I can't imagine how this will not work out. I took liberty to call out shifty dealers while making sure I was not calling them one. Hopefully this info can help someone else be prepared to fight to the death.

Thanks to everyone who put this information in like 20 different posts here and on reddit.

Of note below ewwww that APR. I will probably refi with my CU unless the dealer pulls them to finance.

Truck Timeline

5/19/21 - Ford announces Lightning Pro $39.974 MSRP
5/20/21 - Reservation placed online with (DEALER) as the dealer. $100 deposit paid
12/21/21 - Received email it’s about time to order.

1/20/22 - Received it’s time to order email, pro not available however you can extend your reservation for the next MY

3/30/22 - Officially “Extended my reservation” due to lack of availability of the pro.

8/9/22 Price increase of $7000 new MSRP $46,974

8/11/22 - Received text message orders open however I am not interested with the $7k price increase.

Ford issues guidance that $7k PCO will be in smart vincent to give reservation holders 22 MSRP.

8/18/22 - Received text message “Because you extended your F-150 Lightning reservation, at purchase your pricing will be adjusted to reflect 22MY MSRP.

8/20/22 - Came in to see (SALESMAN) and order, we could not get it to work so I went home and ordered online. Paid another $1500 deposit. $500 for the charger that could not be removed plus $495 for the red paint. Emailed (SALESMAN) and he put the order into the bank same day. Sticker now $47,969 + Destination showing in My Ford account.

10/4/22 - Ford increases price $5,000. Communication sent to dealers (attached) with “Current converted retail orders awaiting scheduling are unaffected by this adjustment.” Portal now shows sticker as $52,974 + Destination

121/4/22 - Ford increases price $4,000 another memo sent that does not apply to orders awaiting scheduling.

At some point destination fee was increased by $100

Final sticker as it is today. $58,864

Reading online there is a flutter of conversation about how the $9,100 comes back and this is dealer invoice/DORA things I don’t understand but hopefully these will make sense to you. It sounds like it comes back to the dealer in about 30 days via something called DPS? Other customers are also saying have the dealer contact the zone manager for details on the price protection.

Now I don’t know if these are just shifty dealers being evil and coming up with a way to pad the deal or just don’t understand it so I wrote it all out so I could understand it better and make sure we both know the process.

So this is how I think it should look (or close to it)

Current Sticker$58,864.00
PCO-$7,000.00
10/4/22 Increase-$5,000.00
12/14/22 Increase-$4,000.00
Proper Sticker$42,864.00
1st deposit-$100.00
2nd Deposit-$1,500.00
Current Purchase Price$41,264.00
TTL$3,006.20
Final Price$44,270.20
$770.86 [email protected]0 down

It sounds kinda shifty but some are saying their dealers are putting the $9k on a “We Owe” then paying it when it arrives. Obviously, this will stick me with a $400-500 sales tax bill I would prefer not to do.

TTL $3,006.20 (With EV Surcharge) + Doc Fee? $44,270.20 OTD
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO Pickup tomorrow. How I am prepared for price protection. IMG_0074
Sponsored

Attachments

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
You turned down the first order available at msrp because no pros. You are then subject to price increase.

$100 comes back to you automatically at purchase.

The rest is between you and the dealer.

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
You turned down the first order available at msrp because no pros. You are then subject to price increase.

According to what?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
Obviously, I have had plenty of time to prepare for this day. I really don't expect a lot of trouble tomorrow however I want to be prepared.
I have emailed my salesman a couple times trying to confirm the price and wanting to work it out before today but that has not happened.

I created this document which I think spells it all out in dealer speak. I can't imagine how this will not work out. I took liberty to call out shifty dealers while making sure I was not calling them one. Hopefully this info can help someone else be prepared to fight to the death.

Thanks to everyone who put this information in like 20 different posts here and on reddit.

Of note below ewwww that APR. I will probably refi with my CU unless the dealer pulls them to finance.

IMG_0074.jpg
The $7000 private offer and definitely the deposit you paid will most likely be treated like a down payment and sales tax will be calculated prior. The $7000 from Ford acts like a rebate. Price protection however should be adjusted prior to sales tax.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
According to what?
The reservation fine print. The fully refundable $100 does not guarantee anything and it's returned to you when you cancel your reservation or purchase a truck.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER

It's very well documented that extended PRO orders get compensated to reflect the '22 price. How that compensation is applied is the tricky part.

OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid

Ahhh you are helping me practice! Awesome thanks!

The offer to extend my reservation was in January. The price protection was offered later in August when I placed my order.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's very well documented that extended PRO orders get compensated to reflect the '22 price. How that compensation is applied is the tricky part.
I see the original price protection program from Ford will be removed at purchase. So that should cover $7000.

The other increases and dealer fees are questionable. I have a feeling they won't bend on the pro model as it's gone fleet now but good luck.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I had a hard enough time getting dealers to come down from 10k over MSRP for Lariats, can't imagine the fight PRO order holders are having to go through. I got lazy and impatient to buy so I over paid. I'm still happy as I still managed to save $14k vs ordering a '23. Gotta fight the good fight, show them dealers how its done!

Sponsored

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
The reservation fine print. The fully refundable $100 does not guarantee anything and it's returned to you when you cancel your reservation or purchase a truck.
Ford also printed their price protection policy and printed memos for the price increases printing the price increase "does not apply to orders awaiting scheduling. "

You said "You turned down the first order available at msrp because no pros. You are then subject to price increase." I said according to what. Where does the "reservation fine print" say anything about choosing to postpone order, and if the order is postponed it will be subject to price increases that occur after the order date?

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Price protection on special orders awaiting scheduling is nothing new. It has always been fords policy.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The order has price protection, reservations don't.

It's up to the customer and the dealer to clarify the pricing at order. If you sign for one price, there isn't rolling much back.

Regardless, the 8.35% is more of a ding than its worth.

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
The order has price protection, reservations don't.

It's up to the customer and the dealer to clarify the pricing at order. If you sign for one price, there isn't rolling much back.

Regardless, the 8.35% is more of a ding than its worth.
OP put the whole timeline. Order, then PL325 price increase (+$5000), then PL330 price increase (+$4000)

It's Ford and the dealer rolling the price UP after order that's the problem

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
OP put the whole timeline. Order, then PL325 price increase (+$5000), then PL330 price increase (+$4000)

It's Ford and the dealer rolling the price UP after order that's the problem
Exactly! he is just arguing to argue. So many of us who extended our reservation for the Pro went through all of this. Most of us got the $7k for MY 22 to 23 price increase without any problem. But the price protection on the MSRP increases from Oct 22 and Dec 22 took work but for most it happened in the end.
Sponsored