• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRO Pickup tomorrow. How I am prepared for price protection.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Waiting for positive report from @zobo
Sponsored

Preet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Watching this thread. @zobo I'm currently working with my dealer on having MSRP changed to reflect 22MY pricing.

OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
Waiting for positive report from @zobo
So here is where we stand.

Salesman called first thing this morning to say the truck was there... he did not know I was there last night and sat in it :)

Finance mgr is taking a long weekend we need to do it today. They are processing 3 deals this morning that came in last night need to do this afternoon. (Very small dealership) SOUNDS GREAT!
They "have the PCO taking 7k off and I am getting a great deal", I mention the other 9k is the problem. I'm not addressing the $100 that in my book is kinda petty.

I explained the 9k on the phone, he understood what I was saying but not the process. Which is fine. I told him I had the document prepared (in OP) and I could send it to clarify.

It's been about 3 hours since I talked to him just waiting for a call back now.

I was talking to one of my employees this morning about this and he put it a great way. It's like you ordered a pizza online and when you got there they told you it's gonna be another 30 minutes and it will be another $8... except you had to wait 2 years and it's an extra 20k.

I think at the end of the day I committed to buy a truck for $47k-7k and placed $1600 down to do that as earnest money. It's not my fault it took another 9 months for them to produce the truck and we had agreed to a price last August.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I think at the end of the day I committed to buy a truck for $47k-7k and placed $1600 down to do that as earnest money. It's not my fault it took another 9 months for them to produce the truck and we had agreed to a price last August.
This exactly.
I will also add that if I have to loan you the money until you get it back from Ford then you need to cover both the interest that I have to pay on it from my lender plus additional interest to me for making you the loan.

Ford is a multi billion dollar global corporation and that individual dealership has tens of millions of dollars in inventory and yearly cash flow. Either one of those entities can cover the $9k for a month or so.

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
Best of luck to you! I've seen most of this info before, but this is still super helpful. My Pro w/price protection is being built now, so I'm also preparing for this whole thing...

One note - as to the initial $100 deposit, mine was refunded to my credit card not long after I placed my actual order back in August, so you might check your credit card statements. At that time, I did make a separate $500 deposit (dealer was clear that was non-refundable and I agreed to that). And it is not being petty - a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks!!

Also super annoyed that I will being paying waaaay more interest regardless of who I finance through, and my trade-in has dropped in value significantly. You can't get everything, but I better be getting that $43k price that it shows on my order paperwork!!

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
If they don't get back to you with your protected price, try and contact your ford regional rep. Once I contacted mine I got a call from my dealership within a half hour and they had it back to the correct price. Usually the dealership just wants to make sure they're going to get the money from Ford, but some might be shady. Honestly, I would think that most dealerships are looking pretty hard for sales right now, especially with how high interest rates are

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
So no truck today sadly but I did get to visit it in all it's PDI glory.

We arranged all the finance (at current price) so the guy does not need to be there tomorrow. They did email the zone manager after lunch time and sent me a copy but no reply before they closed today.

We could have done the deal today with a we owe but I said I was fine with waiting to avoid the extra sales tax.

Dealer gets what I am saying they just don't know how they will get paid and are really more upset with Ford that the customer is having to tell them what is going on,

Lesson learned so far.... start on this when the truck ships not when it shows up!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Remember, that in many states one of the components of the price protection comes in AFTER the sales tax computations, I forget which but's it has been discussed in other threads with detailed highlights from NY, VA & MD members, all contingent on how your state treats these credits in the face of sales tax.

OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
Remember, that in many states one of the components of the price protection comes in AFTER the sales tax computations, I forget which but's it has been discussed in other threads with detailed highlights from NY, VA & MD members, all contingent on how your state treats these credits in the face of sales tax.
Ours is real money spent unless it's complimentary on a contract like a cell phone. Trade in is not taxed or rebates as long as it occurs in the same transaction.

Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Ours is real money spent unless it's complimentary on a contract like a cell phone. Trade in is not taxed or rebates as long as it occurs in the same transaction.
I'm a NY Pro guy from December. I would have loved to save that $700 in tax! Hoping everything goes good for you, the first of us had a hell of a time and it seems Ford still hasn't been bothered to make clear what the process for the dealer should be. I can only image if they actually read any of the surveys they send out they would know that buying the Pro was the worst part of owning it!

Good luck!

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Mine worked like this when I picked up 12/1/22.

Sticker was $56954 ($46974 plus $5000 MSRP increase, options and freight)
Sales contract was $50754 ($5000 MSRP increase removed plus an extra $1200)
NY Sales Tax (8.75) calculated on that and added in
Title, registration and doc fees added ($340)
$7000 private offer subtracted
$100 reservation fee subtracted
$500 order deposit subtracted
$500 from NY state clean EV rebate subtracted
My down payment subtracted

OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
Latest update have approval for October but not December. Now that is silly. waiting.... accessories sitting on the porch even have the bedrug flattened out.

Ford F-150 Lightning PRO Pickup tomorrow. How I am prepared for price protection. 70673534152__81C556E9-AAC1-4DF2-BD04-EDFBE5A46B6F

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Latest update have approval for October but not December. Now that is silly. waiting.... accessories sitting on the porch even have the bedrug flattened out.

70673534152__81C556E9-AAC1-4DF2-BD04-EDFBE5A46B6F.jpg
Are those the XLT running boards? Did you buy them used or new?