• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRO Pickup tomorrow. How I am prepared for price protection.

OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
Yea I guess it will be a franken truck. Not pictured I have my new leather steering wheel and the adaptive cruise parts. Holdover from the Maverick upgrades a homelink rear view mirror if I need it. I ended up with a couple extra.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Yea I guess it will be a franken truck. Not pictured I have my new leather steering wheel and the adaptive cruise parts. Holdover from the Maverick upgrades a homelink rear view mirror if I need it. I ended up with a couple extra.
That's cool. I'm definitely going to try to turn on the fancy headlamps and then may try to add the adaptive cruise if I end up getting mine.
I'm trying to decide what to do for bed protection, I am regretting not getting the factory spray in.

OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
That's cool. I'm definitely going to try to turn on the fancy headlamps and then may try to add the adaptive cruise if I end up getting mine.
I'm trying to decide what to do for bed protection, I am regretting not getting the factory spray in.
I had the full bedrug with sides in my Ram for 5+ years and loved it. I'm in a rural area so not easy to get it done after the fact and it was about the same price as a spray in. When I sold the truck the bed still looked brand new. When the Maverick came out they just had the bed mat so I ordered it. Been really happy with it so went ahead on this for the Lightning too.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I had the full bedrug with sides in my Ram for 5+ years and loved it. I'm in a rural area so not easy to get it done after the fact and it was about the same price as a spray in. When I sold the truck the bed still looked brand new. When the Maverick came out they just had the bed mat so I ordered it. Been really happy with it so went ahead on this for the Lightning too.
Not to derail the thread more but I'm looking at a dualliner

Sponsored
OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
So end of day 3. Emailed around lunch asking for status (after I tried calling) later in the afternoon they said they were able to get the 5k approved (October) but still waiting on the 4k (December)

Does that make any sense? My patience is starting to run thin at this point. I assume they talked to the zone mgr I just don't understand what we are still waiting on. I'm not trying to run up the ladder just guide them somehow.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
So end of day 3. Emailed around lunch asking for status (after I tried calling) later in the afternoon they said they were able to get the 5k approved (October) but still waiting on the 4k (December)

Does that make any sense? My patience is starting to run thin at this point. I assume they talked to the zone mgr I just don't understand what we are still waiting on. I'm not trying to run up the ladder just guide them somehow.
Ford customer service today told me this.
"He will then submit this request through their FMCDealer system and a certificate will be issue."

This is for the price protection for the change between time of order and sticker MSRP, not the private offer for 22-23 price match.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
There's only a handful of sales on there to begin with. Nothing currently listed. A pro sold at the beginning of may for pretty much sticker MSRP. But it has no options on it.
Theresa not been a recent XLT sale. And who knows when another pro or XLT will.show up or for how much.

OP
OP

zobo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick Hybrid
So I thought I would have this great thread with a blueprint to work this out with your ford/dealer and I have 0 idea what they did but I ended up with my truck at 22 MSRP. Paid for the extra charger I did not want... and need to make like $5k payments to get rid of this awful loan. Thanks everyone for your help! My son put the running boards on all by himself yesterday, we went into the city then visited my favorite free charger (that now only charges at 21) and now on to why will wireless car play not work :( Live is good :)

Ford F-150 Lightning PRO Pickup tomorrow. How I am prepared for price protection. IMG_1884
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO Pickup tomorrow. How I am prepared for price protection. IMG_1886

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
So I thought I would have this great thread with a blueprint to work this out with your ford/dealer and I have 0 idea what they did but I ended up with my truck at 22 MSRP.
Your Ford dealer did the fight thing and found and applied all the discounts that Ford corporate promised you. There's the price protection that takes it down from the sticker price to the price that was shown when you placed your order. Then because you were invited for the 22 model but chose to wait for 23 because pro eggs sold out, you had an additional incentive in the form of a private offer from Ford that took the price down from the base MSRP at order time to the base MSRP from 22.
Glad you got your truck for the right price. I wish I could knock another $7k off mine but I didn't have a 22 invite so I don't have the private offer. It might be the difference between me buying it and not.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Congrat's!

The Weatherman