• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRO STATION ISSUES

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Man, I don't know. Mine was reliable for a year until I sold it. If nothing else works, you might try a factory reset. Instructions in manual. You have to remove some screws and take the cover off to get to the button (turn off breaker!). While the cover is off re-tighten all the lugs. Thermal expansion can make them loose. The selection for max current is also a small rotary switch. Just for grins, rotate that a couple of times and back to 7. You'll need to reset up WiFi. Wait 10 minutes afer repowering for it to fully boot before trying the setup program.

View attachment 77756
Is there any chance someone here has a link for a PDF copy of the FCSP instruction manual? The Sunrun guy either took it or threw it away after they completed my installation. He said mine was the first one they did, so he was checking the instructions alot when he was working.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Is there any chance someone here has a link for a PDF copy of the FCSP instruction manual? The Sunrun guy either took it or threw it away after they completed my installation. He said mine was the first one they did, so he was checking the instructions alot when he was working.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/attachments/fordchargestationproig-compressed-pdf.49036/

Also look at this users guide to a self install project, lot's of discussion on that thread it's pinned to the node I moved this thread to
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...station-pro-unboxing-and-install-guide.10811/

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you log onto the FCSP via the setup utility?

Remember to turn on your phone wifi and make sure to first log onto your wifi network, then using the setup utility try the "Manage Settings" link in the app, you should be able to see your FCSP system name, select it and log onto it with the device password.

If you're not able to see it, then I would suggest confirming the wifi range in your home is not the problem, if you have a strong signal to where the FCSP is, try running a new setup process, you could start from scratch by resetting the device by pressing the reset button under the cover.

Once you have reconfigured and associated the FCSP with your Fordpass account / Truck, try using the Connected Charge Station tile under [Account] in the Fordpass app, you may need to wait a few hours for the associations & communications between the FCSP cloud and the Ford cloud to link up. When it's active, double check your charge rate settings, make sure it's set to 80 amps.

1704768677059.png
1704768728799.png

I wanted to followup on my situation, in case it helps anyone else who runs into the same problem.

I followed TaxmanHog's recommendations, and it corrected the charging fault. I had to do the full factory reset (red button inside the FCSP) and perform the whole setup process from the beginning (configure Wifi, reconnect to Fordpass account, etc). After going through the entire process, it seems to be working again and no longer charging at a reduced rate.

Thanks again to TaxmanHog for the help.

Sponsored

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I followed TaxmanHog's recommendations, and it corrected the charging fault. I had to do the full factory reset (red button inside the FCSP) and perform the whole setup process from the beginning (configure Wifi, reconnect to Fordpass account, etc). After going through the entire process, it seems to be working again and no longer charging at a reduced rate.
I had a similar problem to @Biggie. An FCSP hardware set to 80 A on a dedicated 100 A line. The FCSP was set in FordPass to deliver 48 A (~10 kW) but after work on my HIS unit and cold reboots of the whole system, the FCSP somehow got stuck at delivering ~14.5 A(~5.2 kW). And the requested amps couldn't be changed in FordPass.

Inspired by Biggie's success, I reset my FCSP via the Charge Station Pro app. I connected the FCSP to my Wi-Fi extender but didn't repair the FCSP to my truck BT. Bingo! Just like Biggie, if I set FordPass to 80 A, I got that as measured by CarScanner. I could change the FP to 48 A and get that, too.

So, I then repaired the FCSP to the truck. I tested my HIS unit power transfer. Worked 1st try within 2'. Hurray! But when I flicked grid power on again, my cable modem and router had to be rebooted to connect to the Internet. Then the FCSP had trouble finding the garage Wi-Fi extender but finally did.

The punchline to all this is I'm almost back where I started, only a little better off. Now, the FCSP set on 80 A won't deliver more than 30 A (10.9 kW) @246 V, according to CarScanner. I can change the FordPass setting to 48 A, and I still get the same 30 A. The two things that have changed are unlike before: 1) I can save a new value in FordPass (even though the FCSP output doesn't change), and, 2) I'm getting more current delivered, but the amount delivered is still frozen and doesn't represent any current that was previously a preset for the FCSP. I'm taking the truck to my dealer on Thursday and they have an FCSP against which the truck charging behavior can be tested. The battery temperature was 15 deg C (59 deg F). The CarScanner readings were steady and didn't increase with time on the charger.

Biggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a similar problem to @Biggie. An FCSP hardware set to 80 A on a dedicated 100 A line. The FCSP was set in FordPass to deliver 48 A (~10 kW) but after work on my HIS unit and cold reboots of the whole system, the FCSP somehow got stuck at delivering ~14.5 A(~5.2 kW). And the requested amps couldn't be changed in FordPass.

Inspired by Biggie's success, I reset my FCSP via the Charge Station Pro app. I connected the FCSP to my Wi-Fi extender but didn't repair the FCSP to my truck BT. Bingo! Just like Biggie, if I set FordPass to 80 A, I got that as measured by CarScanner. I could change the FP to 48 A and get that, too.

So, I then repaired the FCSP to the truck. I tested my HIS unit power transfer. Worked 1st try within 2'. Hurray! But when I flicked grid power on again, my cable modem and router had to be rebooted to connect to the Internet. Then the FCSP had trouble finding the garage Wi-Fi extender but finally did.

The punchline to all this is I'm almost back where I started, only a little better off. Now, the FCSP set on 80 A won't deliver more than 30 A (10.9 kW) @246 V, according to CarScanner. I can change the FordPass setting to 48 A, and I still get the same 30 A. The two things that have changed are unlike before: 1) I can save a new value in FordPass (even though the FCSP output doesn't change), and, 2) I'm getting more current delivered, but the amount delivered is still frozen and doesn't represent any current that was previously a preset for the FCSP. I'm taking the truck to my dealer on Thursday and they have an FCSP against which the truck charging behavior can be tested. The battery temperature was 15 deg C (59 deg F). The CarScanner readings were steady and didn't increase with time on the charger.

Please report back and let us know what happens when your dealer takes a look at it.

This weekend, after finding out that my FCSP wasn't working, I took my truck to an EVgo fast charger. I tried 2 different chargers at that location, and both kept giving errors when I connected to my truck. I know the chargers themselves were working fine because both had just finished charging other vehicles that were there before me. So at that point, after having problems charging at home with the FCSP and at the EVgo fast charger, I was starting to fear that the problem was the truck itself. But I decided to drive to a different fast charger location (EA), and this time, as soon as I connected, it started charging without a problem.

I still don't know why I had a problem at the EVgo location. And maybe it's just a coincidence that this happened the same time my FCSP decided to have issues. I'm happy that my FCSP seems to be behaving again. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be a sign of more problems to come down the road.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I have the problem with my FSCP as described here only without the App and WiFi issues because it being used as a dumb charger. It worked fine for about six months then went down to 10KW. It’s set to charge at 80A.

I was able to get it up to 13KW by resetting the breaker and fiddling with the Amp Dial.

It doesn’t make me happy, but it is getting the job done for driving needs.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The FCSP and related cloud systems, FP & the truck itself are a fickle lot......

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I had the exact problem as you with it not recognizing my home WiFi.......I simply decided not to address the blue and amber light problem as I had called Ford and they said the Pro has sensitivity problems during the design phase. Nothing we can do from here is what I got. Let me know what you did next....very interested

Sponsored

dkrueger

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
I had an electrician run everything to set up for the 80 amp CSP. I connected to it and set it up on my home network and then when it automatically opened the Ford Pass App, it gave me an error message and couldn't see the CSP. My electrician wanted to test something so we turned the power off. When we turned the power back on I was still getting that same error and I decided to start the process over again. The problem is now the charge station is not broadcasting its own Wi-Fi so I can't connect to it. If I do the reset button to get it back to factory settings, the power has to be on, right?

Also, I am now charging my truck but the Fordpass App does not show that the truck is charging although in the truck I can see that it's charging and I see the charge level is going up on the battery in the app. I wanted to see the KWH that the CSP is putting out.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had an electrician run everything to set up for the 80 amp CSP. I connected to it and set it up on my home network and then when it automatically opened the Ford Pass App, it gave me an error message and couldn't see the CSP. My electrician wanted to test something so we turned the power off. When we turned the power back on I was still getting that same error and I decided to start the process over again. The problem is now the charge station is not broadcasting its own Wi-Fi so I can't connect to it. If I do the reset button to get it back to factory settings, the power has to be on, right?

Also, I am now charging my truck but the Fordpass App does not show that the truck is charging although in the truck I can see that it's charging and I see the charge level is going up on the battery in the app. I wanted to see the KWH that the CSP is putting out.
Once the FCSP successfully binds to your home wifi network, all is good, and the FCSP wifi goes into invisible mode.

The few times I've done a full reset, I and many other get hung up on the second phase of the process to bind the Fordpass account to the FCSP system, IIRC

Step away from the truck.
Put your phone back in normal cell comm mode or regular wifi (connected to your home network)

Open Fordpass
Click Account, scroll down to Charge Station / Connected Charge Station tile, Click it
Several seconds later, click the 3-bar in the upper right corner
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO STATION ISSUES 1707328046154

Click Add a charge station
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO STATION ISSUES 1707328111015

Select the CSP on the right [FCSP] then ...... click Connect to Fordpass manually
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO STATION ISSUES 1707328141198
Ford F-150 Lightning PRO STATION ISSUES 1707328177806

Input your station ID and password, click save, you "should" associate your FP account to the charging station cloud account, note you may not see data on this station until you have successfully completed a charging session and then unplugged from the truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning PRO STATION ISSUES 1707328378143

dkrueger

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Thank you @TaxmanHog I appreciate the help. I did not see the connect manually before. I just tried it but it did not see the CSP. I'm going to try the factory reset and then do it that way. When you do the factory reset, the power needs to be on, right? I'm just concerned about having the power to the CSP with the front panel off and wires exposed.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you @TaxmanHog I appreciate the help. I did not see the connect manually before. I just tried it but it did not see the CSP. I'm going to try the factory reset and then do it that way. When you do the factory reset, the power needs to be on, right? I'm just concerned about having the power to the CSP with the front panel off and wires exposed.
Yes, power needs to be on to invoke restoring the factory ready presets.

When you run the new configuration, be patient maybe 10 minutes after getting the FCSP connected to the WiFi, that you start the phase two process, it could take that long and sometimes longer for the FCSP to register to the cloud after a successful connection to the wifi.

Also, the characters in the FCSP wifi password might have a character that you're not interpreting correctly, in the past there have been mis readings of what the digits represent alphas and numeric conflicts.

A good way to confirm that you have the right PW is to use the CONFIGURATION utility to log into the FCSP console note your mobile device MUST be using a wifi connection to your home network to log onto the FCSP, if that PW is good, then you're read it correctly.

dkrueger

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
OK @TaxmanHog I did a factory reset and was able to get the station connected to my wifi. When I go to add the station with the exact station ID and password I am getting a "chargepoint not found" notification.

Ford F-150 Lightning PRO STATION ISSUES 1707339690262
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: