• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Range meter still shows towing range, despite not towing now, in "Normal" driving mode

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Anybody else have this problem? My software edition is 4.2.2. I hauled my approx 6000 lb trailer yesterday with my Lariat ER, Max Towing Package. I set up the trailer in the tow hitch thingy when it prompted me. I then got the message that range was adjusted for towing, and range dropped about half. No worries. I towed it for about 15 mins, unhooked. Driving in and out of town, about 30 miles round trip, and now charging, my range still reads really low. I tried switching through the driving modes, and when the requester came on asking tow weight, I tapped on the choice for 'no longer towing'. No change to range showing up yet, including while I charge at home (only 7 kwh until I get my 80 amp charger installed....)

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
now charging, my range still reads really low.
Stop charging, turn on the truck again, then go into Towing / Trailer menu select the no trailer option again, see if that restores the predicted range w/o the trailer profile, shut down and resume your charging session.

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Had my dealer tell me a story about a customer who had similar situation, and they had to remove the ball hitch because the truck was detecting it and thinking it was still in towing.

NCMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red Lariat Lightning
Make sure a trailer is not selected. I made the mistake in thinking the truck would know if the trailer lights were disconnected and in Normal mode. However, I found out that I still had the trailer selected in the towing menu and that was cutting my range in half.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Make sure a trailer is not selected. I made the mistake in thinking the truck would know if the trailer lights were disconnected and in Normal mode. However, I found out that I still had the trailer selected in the towing menu and that was cutting my range in half.
Yep exact same process for me. I figured if it auto detected the trailer it would auto detect the disconnect. Not so much. I had to manually disable the trailer setting as stated in @TaxmanHog post above.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Another reason to ignore the GOM!

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Another reason to ignore the GOM!
I normally do, however the GOM is tied to the Pro Power Onboard limit, which was annoying. The few times I tried to use it that week. I wish the pro power was tied to battery percentage instead.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I normally do, however the GOM is tied to the Pro Power Onboard limit, which was annoying. The few times I tried to use it that week. I wish the pro power was tied to battery percentage instead.
I didn’t realize that. Sounds backwards.

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
I have been struggling with trailer related bugs since the new UI. my lightning has now lost my programmed trailers twice, and all too often has thought I was towing when I was not and did not acknowledge range adjustments when I actually DID have a trailer selected and connected to the truck.

Ford obviously puts more R&D focus into the truck than the software. (At least I pray they do)
Sponsored